Close

International Sales

This is a discussion on International Sales within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; any buyers in GB or Japan wanna buy a Z1b?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    any buyers in GB or Japan wanna buy a Z1b?
    Schrödinger\'s cat beats your Large Hadron Collider

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    yes.

you should see what they pay for good kawi triple parts in england. There is a guy who comes over here, travels the countryside, loads up shipping containers full of h1/h2 stuff and ships it back to england.
    And that guy would be Rick Brett, famous in the bike restoration world, especially kwaks.
    You should read some of his blogs describing his exploits travelling the states, chasing leads, loading the bikes and shipping back to the UK. I read somewhere that he really hit gold when paid some disgruntled old ex Kwaka dealer £60,000 (his insurance money from a back injury when he was a plasterer) for a barn load of NOS parts that retailed for £1,000,000 back home. Some guys have all the luck.

RB's Classic Kawasaki Home Page
    Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Quote Originally Posted by Greasyspoon View Post
    And that guy would be Rick Brett, famous in the bike restoration world, especially kwaks.
    You should read some of his blogs describing his exploits travelling the states, chasing leads, loading the bikes and shipping back to the UK. I read somewhere that he really hit gold when paid some disgruntled old ex Kwaka dealer £60,000 (his insurance money from a back injury when he was a plasterer) for a barn load of NOS parts that retailed for £1,000,000 back home. Some guys have all the luck.

Gonna give that a read...the part that seems to be the make or break is the shipping. Obviously you have to know the market but I have to imagine the mistakes are made in transit and customs.

Altamonte Springs, Fl. USA, Bridgend, South Wales, U.K.
    International shipping had a major hike this year, I posted about shipping to Canada a few months ago, jumped from around $6.50 to $19.50
    I dabble in rocket science, when I\'m not picking my nose
    The other night I gave my girlfriend an orgasm, but, she spat it back at me

'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'

Quote Originally Posted by crazypj View Post
    International shipping had a major hike this year, I posted about shipping to Canada a few months ago, jumped from around $6.50 to $19.50
    I meant bulk shipping for sale overseas but yeah you are right....a medium flat rate box from US to Aus was like 70 bucks

I ship about 50 or more packages internationally per month. Over the past few years I have only lost a handful of them while in transit, almost all of them were to Russia. I quit selling to Russia. Ebay makes it pretty easy to ship internationally if you print the labels right of the site. It even fills out the customs forms for you. USPS picks up my packages right at my door.

No need to post your parts on other ebay sites as it looks like you have found out already. Your parts will show up on other ebay sites as long as you offer the international shipping.

On heavy stuff you might want to look into shipping with DHL. DHL can beat USPS pricing but only on heavy stuff. DHL will also pick up right at your door.
    http://www.scramblercycle.com

Quote Originally Posted by hahnda View Post
    I ship about 50 or more packages internationally per month. Over the past few years I have only lost a handful of them while in transit, almost all of them were to Russia. I quit selling to Russia. Ebay makes it pretty easy to ship internationally if you print the labels right of the site. It even fills out the customs forms for you. USPS picks up my packages right at my door.

No need to post your parts on other ebay sites as it looks like you have found out already. Your parts will show up on other ebay sites as long as you offer the international shipping.

On heavy stuff you might want to look into shipping with DHL. DHL can beat USPS pricing but only on heavy stuff. DHL will also pick up right at your door.
    I will have to look at the online shipping option. Just need to get a scale. I havent worried about it bc I mainly only ship US (about 20 items a month) but it looks like ovrseas is the way to go right now.

Thanks for all the input.

Customs forms SUCK!!! Online would be so much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Greasyspoon View Post

Rick's a character. super nice guy though. he is at every other mid-ohio and completely approachable.
    And then you go, "Well, my brother can jump over, like, 10 garbage cans." and then I'll say something cool like, "if I can keep the front wheel from bursting into flames," okay? and don't forget to call me "THE HANKINATOR."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links