Close

International Sales

This is a discussion on International Sales within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I have quietly been running a small vintage used parts shop (mainly hondas) for a few years on ebay and it has supported my hobby ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

International Sales

I have quietly been running a small vintage used parts shop (mainly hondas) for a few years on ebay and it has supported my hobby thus far...but this week I realized I am doing business in the wrong country.

Saturday I sold the top end off a 360 to a guy in turkey for 300 plus 200 shipping and then later I sold a top end to a 350 to a guy in australia for 600 plus 200 shipping....Are these countries really that hard up for parts to these old bikes that they are willing to pay more in shipping than I paid for the whole bike??? Or am I just the benefactor of other peoples lack of resources or pure laziness??

Crazy... Im going to get a international IP so I can list on Europe and Asia Ebay easier....

yes.

you should see what they pay for good kawi triple parts in england. There is a guy who comes over here, travels the countryside, loads up shipping containers full of h1/h2 stuff and ships it back to england.

there are now more kawi triples in england than were originally shipped there and the extra volume hasn't brought the price down at all.
    And then you go, "Well, my brother can jump over, like, 10 garbage cans." and then I'll say something cool like, "if I can keep the front wheel from bursting into flames," okay? and don't forget to call me "THE HANKINATOR."

Ill have to look into ebay policy and see if there is anything illegal about listing on europe or UK site. The difficult part is the packing...trying to get an entire motor into 3 flat rate boxes sucks!

International market is huge for parts.
    I ship over seas.
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

What are the benefits of listing directly on the Uk and euro specific sites?

I list on the US site and always select "ships worldwide" with variable shipping cost based on buyer's location. Based on the number of items sold to euro, I assumed my stuff came up in search results and they had no problem finding / buying.....

When you browse ebay it often doesnt show listings in europe or asia or they dont seem to get listed high. (I think you physically have to check search global) Having a fake Euro IP would allow you to list on the ebay.co.uk. I could be wrong but that is the way it seems. I need to look into it.

I do know that I will never try to ship to Asia again...have you seen the address's over there??? Shipped some coils to Hong Kong and it wouldn't even fit on my label. Somehow it got there haha

EDIT: Just checked...there is an advanced search function that allows worldwide postings to propagate (correct word???) on your search list.
    Last edited by Joep7; 04-23-2013 at 01:54 PM.

When someone is searching for something specfic on the UK/EU sites, my stuff shows up right away because there are only a few for sale world wide ( so search priority ranking etc would not matter if there is a page or less of them ?) I have not had a problem with labels... ( customs forms) and I typically cut and paste the buyers address on a 8.5x11 and tape to the box anyway. Anything easier, more productive etc would be a great help tho.....

If something is listed on the UK ebay site and the seller did not indicated that they ship outside of the UK (or the EU ) , the part would not show up here on our US site without the advance search. .. that's normal, however the seller may not have intended to ship outside of the UK etc. and shipping times and cost do not show up on these listings anyway. Items that are listed in the UK that specify international shipping always show in basic searches

Both of these motors were sold to someone who requested international shipping even tho I didnt offer it so it didnt show on there search. But if you are correct and it is included if I offer international then it makes the whole thing easy. I figured that bc I rarely found parts in europe that it was bc I was on the US preferred site. Sounds like it doesnt work that way. Thanks for the info.

Ebay says "List on eBay sites in multiple countries. While international buyers often come to the U.S. site to buy, they are also often browsing other eBay sites for the item. Listing in all your main trading markets gives you greater exposure and more bidding activity. Your eBay ID works on all eBay sites, and PayPal allows you to list in 17 currencies. When selling across borders, be aware of country regulations and restrictions"

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like you could just sign onto ebay UK etc and list
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~Hunter Thompson

I went into my account and checked how I have been doing it... and how it applies to international exposure on all of the world wide ebay sites and what buyers see etc

Everything is done from your selling page on ebay.com..... You do NOT need to log in to the UK ebay site or any other country...

Below is an image of my ebay selling screen, in the red box, I select international shipping and Calculated: cost varies by buyer location. Below that I select the drop down "ships worldwide" ( I selected "choose custom location" so the individual regions show on the screen. ) All ebay sites within the listed regions will have your item visable, searchable through ALL international ebay domains, they will also automatically see shipping cost / options and be able to use paypal.

In the yellow box, you can have specified regions where you want the buyer to contact you for shipping costs...

You can also exclude .... say.. Asia because of address hassels or the UK because you don't want Tony to bid on your items etc....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links