Close

Awesome FZ500 Cafe Build

This is a discussion on Awesome FZ500 Cafe Build within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by raven those brake pads are awesome!! lol I wasn't 100% sure until I saw the brake pads!! HAHAHAHA!!!...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Awesome FZ500 Cafe Build

Quote Originally Posted by raven View Post
    those brake pads are awesome!! lol
    I wasn't 100% sure until I saw the brake pads!! HAHAHAHA!!!

I just started to read the posts and it took me less than the first minute of the video to realize it is a joke. I'd put money on it being someone from here.
    I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

haha. colored zip ties last longer.

Quote Originally Posted by bfont52 View Post
    haha. colored zip ties last longer.
    And they are faster too. I have blue ones on my bike.
    I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

What is really scary is how many regulars at DTT actually didn't know it was a skit. But I guess that really shouldn't surprise me should it?

this was hilarious - though without the brake pads he could have kept it going a bit longer. the mis matched carbs was bit too obvious too. Other than those it really doesn't differ that much from can be seen done seriously.
    -

I hadn't watched any of the videos, just skimmed through the posts, so was taken in by the farce, because a quick scan of the thread revealed nothing out of the ordinary for many newb 'builds'.
    http://quiterandom.hubpages.com/hub/...sic-motorcycle How to buy a used bike
    http://quiterandom.hubpages.com/hub/...the-Cafe-Racer How to build a cafe racer

It's like a Machiavellian 4-volume trilogy based on Hamlet senza misura with an ego-maniacal downs syndrome kid reading from a Rube Goldeberg-esque kindle.

Through the first 3 or 4 video's - the folks making comments to his postings though the guy's build was for real...
    Bob - Palmyra NY
    2 - 69 CB750, 1 Turbo
    1 - 71 CB750

New video up, addressing front-end safety concerns!
    http://quiterandom.hubpages.com/hub/...sic-motorcycle How to buy a used bike
    http://quiterandom.hubpages.com/hub/...the-Cafe-Racer How to build a cafe racer

It's like a Machiavellian 4-volume trilogy based on Hamlet senza misura with an ego-maniacal downs syndrome kid reading from a Rube Goldeberg-esque kindle.

Quote Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
    What is really scary is how many regulars at DTT actually didn't know it was a skit. But I guess that really shouldn't surprise me should it?
    clearly anybody who knows a thing or two about motorcycles will spot it as a farce within the first 5 minutes, so that should tell you something about the level of people you are dealing with. I submit that it wouldnt be half as funny if they didn't take it seriously and post stupid comments about it - that was worth half the entertainment value alone. I think this is such a good farce that if it wasn't about motorcycles about something normal people liked it would be a million view viral vid.
    Cliff Robertson: The "420" has a fuel injection system taken from crashed flying saucer parts, it is also the 1st mid-sized sedan with disc brakes designed by Nostradamus. The "Lux 420" is also the safest car on the road...

(CUT TO A SHOT OF JESUS, ABE LINCOLN, AND "DR. ZAIUS"--"PLANET OF THE APES" FAME--ANALYZING THE CAR. JESUS IS SEEN SLAMMING THE DOOR WILDLY.)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links