Cafe Racer Forum banner

Hello to the forum from C.G.D Apologies for my brother he's a bit hot headed

7K views 31 replies 13 participants last post by  Mark Burton 
#1 ·
Hello I'm from c.g.d we make the carbon fibre cafe racer conversion kits for the Kawasaki er6n,
The reason my brother got a bit hot under the collar was that from the off his post was treated and he was treated to rude and negative replies .
This was from certain members of this forum as he is rather hot tempered,
I can see the both sides but was it really necessary from the off to treat new members this way,
The reason he came to this forum was my idea as i asked him to post to try get feed back about the idea of a fool proof kit for the er6n that the new biker and also the seasoned rider can create their own personnel cafe racer bike based on the very popular er6n,
He is however very clued up about bikes and does very well at the track so too his passion for design but his communication skills are not evidently,
The ride of the bike is as he says very good performance due to the weight loss and that its handling is really much better than stock,
This bike is not intended to be a triumph, bsa, or a Norton ,It is just to use a good based twin and make look so much better than stock witch is ugly but a very good bike in terms of what it is
Thanks for your time to read this i will take over p.r myself in future and maybe let him clean the workshop i think as a full time job

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Your brother didn't just get hot headed at rude comments, he got hot headed when we tried to ask him to quantify certain statements he was making about the kit. He made a lot of bold claims about top speed and improved performance and when he was asked how it improved performance he dodged and said "you do the math".

I am assuming that because he is your brother that he is your younger brother and that he is probably say 16 years old? If not you should really seek getting him some emotional counseling. Considering the nature of the threatening remarks he made to me personally, if he was US based I could take any number of actions unfavorable to him, but seeing as how I'm not stupid and I realize blustery comments on the Internet made by your brother can't be backed up in any form or fashion, lets just chalk this up as a mistake on his part if you promise to get him the therapy he needs.

It's generally bad form to come here and your first post be selling something, it's worse form if you can't communicate clearly. Perhaps you need to reconsider whom you let represent your company in public.

i am going to restate all my questions here. Since you seem to be able to communicate, why don't you try to answer them:

we ain't your friends cupcake, we are your peers. And this is Peer review

Hi I'm new I'm chris i have just made this new carbon fibre cafe racer bike its a full bolt on kit for the er6n
witch is a great bike but ugly
What makes the Er6n a great platform for this project? Why did you select that over...say...the Ninja 650R which uses the same engine but is more sporting?

now she's gone from beast to beauty and rides much better too
Please explain how a bodywork change makes the bike ride much better.

lost a lot of kg
how much?

so performance is so much better
How much better? can you put that in lap times? or power to weight? or something with a numerical value?

a real corner caving weapon and better of the mark too top speed is up
By how much and how did you verify this? What measuring tools did you use? how did you insure your testing was not skewed by outside factors?

and its very comfortable
That is a matter of opinion, but what makes it comfortable? and to what range of rider size?

you can buy er6n cheap
How cheap? what's the initial cost and how much does it cost to build your custom?

just like the cafe bikes of yester year but in modern form
Explain to me how this is like the "cafe bikes" of yesteryear (actually explain to me what a cafe bike is because I know what a Racer is but a Cafe bike sounds like a theme chopper for a french sidewalk cafe).

its a full kit with nothing else to buy
That includes? What's the parts list?

my friend saw it on my phone then went out and built 1 too mines the 59 bike his is 79
Why is yours 59? Are you actually a member of the 59 club? do you have permission to use their logo?

Also is there any way to make it less ugly? The tank is fine but I dispise that rear seat section and also I think it lacks a rear fender to keep from giving the rider a mud stripe. Are there options to put that back in?

#9 ·
Your brother didn't just get hot headed at rude comments, he got hot headed when we tried to ask him to quantify certain statements he was making about the kit. He made a lot of bold claims about top speed and improved performance and when he was asked how it improved performance he dodged and said "you do the math".

I am assuming that because he is your brother that he is your younger brother and that he is probably say 16 years old? If not you should really seek getting him some emotional counseling. Considering the nature of the threatening remarks he made to me personally, if he was US based I could take any number of actions unfavorable to him, but seeing as how I'm not stupid and I realize blustery comments on the Internet made by your brother can't be backed up in any form or fashion, lets just chalk this up as a mistake on his part if you promise to get him the therapy he needs.

It's generally bad form to come here and your first post be selling something, it's worse form if you can't communicate clearly. Perhaps you need to reconsider whom you let represent your company in public.

i am going to restate all my questions here. Since you seem to be able to communicate, why don't you try to answer them:

we ain't your friends cupcake, we are your peers. And this is Peer review

What makes the Er6n a great platform for this project? Why did you select that over...say...the Ninja 650R which uses the same engine but is more sporting?

Please explain how a bodywork change makes the bike ride much better.

how much?

How much better? can you put that in lap times? or power to weight? or something with a numerical value?

By how much and how did you verify this? What measuring tools did you use? how did you insure your testing was not skewed by outside factors?

That is a matter of opinion, but what makes it comfortable? and to what range of rider size?

How cheap? what's the initial cost and how much does it cost to build your custom?

Explain to me how this is like the "cafe bikes" of yesteryear (actually explain to me what a cafe bike is because I know what a Racer is but a Cafe bike sounds like a theme chopper for a french sidewalk cafe).

That includes? What's the parts list?

Why is yours 59? Are you actually a member of the 59 club? do you have permission to use their logo?

Also is there any way to make it less ugly? The tank is fine but I dispise that rear seat section and also I think it lacks a rear fender to keep from giving the rider a mud stripe. Are there options to put that back in?
So sorry i not respond to people that call me cupcake however if you change the opening way you attempt to start a conversation i will be happy to answer most of your questions.

#10 ·
I can appreciate your brother has passion for his design. However; as an product engineer myself - I look for the *SUCK* comments from my customers - Why - because it allows me to get honest comments from my customers and tells me where my products shine & suck so I can to make them better. So getting bashed over product IS A GOOD THING and PART OF THE DESIGN PROCESS. The quicker your brother learns this the better designer "engineer" he will become and the more desirable your products will be...

This is a common problem too many designers/engineers suffer from. I like Geeto's comment - we are not your cupcake - we are your peers. My best wishes to your brother and putting him on a broom for a while sounds like a good idea..

#13 ·
I can appreciate your brother has passion for his design. However; as an product engineer myself - I look for the *SUCK* comments from my customers - Why - because it allows me to get honest comments from my customers and tells me where my products shine & suck so I can to make them better. So getting bashed over product IS A GOOD THING and PART OF THE DESIGN PROCESS. The quicker your brother learns this the better designer "engineer" he will become and the more desirable your products will be...

#12 ·
Are we really going to have to shit through this bullshit again?
Your “brother” showed up here with what sounded like a Nigerian bankers level of understanding of the English language and posted about his kits. Fine.C learly the goal was to get people excited about the product and all toss their hands up. You were expecting responses that sounded more like “shut up and take my money. But what both of you FAILED to do was put one ounce of effort into learning what this place is about. You have this idea that people are all running around playing some game of dress up, that this forum is full of people just yearning for a bolt on kit to turn a modern bike into something that kinda sorta, but not really has a look of something else. Again, I am sure someone would be interested in the product. Personally I like the idea of having a CF option for things. But had you done just a little homework you would have seen that this place might not be the best place for your half baked plan.
What was worse was that when legit questions where posed the stupide comments started from your end. Also at this point you claim to be a different poster. But what did you do? Same junk. You post in the same section (Wrong one) and use the same pictures, and post the same dumb write up. How could you think that was a good idea? Didn’t even understand enough to answer the original questions about his kit! I still call bullshit that the seat and tank weigh 39kg less then stock. Prove it.
The point about performance is fairly moot though. You don’t care about it, and the person that you should be targeting to buy this stuff really will not care about it either.
Maybe you are just a bit on the slow end too. Maybe you are not. Try and take a look at what was asked to your brother, and what has been asked of you. Answer the dam questions. Also rethink why you want to be here, what this place is about and who is here. You might find that this isn’t the place for you and your product. In that case I am sure if you asked someone here can point you in the right direction. Might have to do more work than Googling “café racer forum” and joining the first one. If not figure out where this junk should be posted. And hell you might even do what you should do as a company using a free forum to push its stuff…..become a supporting member vender.
Have you looked at that beautiful Ducati that I posted in the other thread? Can you see what the difference is and why it is valued here?

#19 ·
I dunno, there are enough people buying that savage/s40 ryca kit, even though that bike is literally tiny and almost useless. It took it like 5 years to get traction. I think something like that but for a bigger bike might have some kind of market, but is this kit it? I don't think so.

#22 ·
It's obvious to me that respirators, fans, ventilated areas are not used. If not , neurological damage occurs, physically and mentally. Don't go online to try to prove me wrong, ask doctors and nurses who deal with that shit. They don't have a stake in the game, like others who do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.