The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread - Page 124
Close

The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread

This is a discussion on The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Cant imagine wasting time on such things...

Page 124 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1359
Like Tree509Likes

Thread: The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread

Cant imagine wasting time on such things

How about fish farming, would that be a waste of time or could there be money in it?

Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    How about fish farming, would that be a waste of time or could there be money in it?
    I could never get'm back in the barn so I gave up,
    TrialsRider likes this.
    If you can't pick it back up, don't ride it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Do you think it would be illegal to farm large and small mouth Bass :/ I'm thinking it sounds like such a good idea it must be illegal.

Perfectly legal with permitting why would it not be

- - - Updated - - -

And yes, fish farming is lucrative. Takes money to make money.

Quote Originally Posted by DohcBikes View Post
    Perfectly legal with permitting why would it not be

- - - Updated - - -

And yes, fish farming is lucrative. Takes money to make money.
    Sh*t you mean I need a permit to do it :/ that's already sounding expensive, I just dropped 7 grand for a building permit and another 750$ for a demolition permit and I haven't even nailed my first 2x4.

I heard rumour that Bass is considered a game fish and it is apparently a complication up here to keep native game fish in captivity. I'm kinda hoping that on the side of the lake that they came from is not considered captivity.

Do you think it would be illegal to farm large and small mouth Bass :/ I'm thinking it sounds like such a good idea it must be illegal.
    You have your own pond/lake right? Is that what your thinking? Go with perch, they're awesome with eggs and toast. I know there's a difference between Farming and stocking (least there use to be). There was a Trout farm outside of Kitchener where people would go and pay to catch there own. Allot of parents who weren't up on fishing would take there kids there. They even supplied the tackle. With Black lake, Pike lake, Long lake and Ottie lake all within 5 minutes and 100 more within 20 it would be a hard sell here.
    If you can't pick it back up, don't ride it.

They farm small mouth near Kinmount, I think large mouth are legal. You do need a licence to to raise and sell or transport live fish, I don't know if you need one for personal consumption. I had a pond with rainbows for years that we stocked, raised and ate, never had a licence and no one ever said anything.

K, I just ran into my first problem on this site: I can see "You have your own pond/lake right? Is that what your thinking? Go with perch, they're awesome with eggs and toast. I know there's a difference..." under what's new but that post does not appear in this thread yet.

I think you are onto something there Stephen J, Walleye is a type of perch and apparently I would be allowed to farm Walleye which is actually a Pickerel in my books but I'll call it a perch if that makes the authorities all warm and friendly.

I think I just figured out my retirement plan for the next decade. lol Break out the hip waders honey we're goin fish farmin.

... trout are out of the question :/ I don't want to mess with any species that is not native to the lake. I've heard Trout are garbage fish anyway.
    Last edited by TrialsRider; 01-09-2017 at 08:14 AM.

Woo hoo! post #1241 just showed up the admin guys are on it.

I don't need to sell or transport them, I just thought it would be a good idea to provide a safe habitat for the native fish species and increase their odds against extinction. They would all be set free once they reached maturity.

then I could go catch em and eat em later

Sponsored Links