The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread - Page 126
Close

The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread

This is a discussion on The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by TrialsRider I was picturing an area of the lake where a small natural river flows into it, constructing a pond area just ...

Page 126 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1271
Like Tree482Likes

Thread: The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    I was picturing an area of the lake where a small natural river flows into it, constructing a pond area just before where it outflows into the lake
    Don't want to be the voice of doom but the conservation authority controls the creeks, rivers and flood plains and they can really fuck you around. Force you to restore the areas you've changed along with HUGE fines. Swan are migratory birds you need a licence to have a dead one let alone live.

Dig a pond, circulate water from the lake, catch and eat fish, be happy.
    TrialsRider likes this.

It's your lake. Not your fault fish fuck in it.
    TrialsRider and thechief86 like this.
    If you can't pick it back up, don't ride it.

Read up on what happened when a knucklehead dropped a few lakers into Yellowstone Lake.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TCed View Post
    Read up on what happened when a knucklehead dropped a few lakers into Yellowstone Lake.
    I assume you refer to Lake Trout and not the basketball players ya, it's a stupid move to introduce non-native anything into an inland lake.
    Been doing some research, would seem that I have a good case for the construction of a pond without a great deal of bureaucracy becoming involved, the rules I have found so far:

• A permit from the local Conservation Authority, if the pond is to be constructed on a floodplain or involves an alteration to a watercourse
    • A permit from the Ministry of Natural Resources to construct a dam or to divert water from a natural watercourse
    • A permit from the Ministry of Environment and Energy, if water comes from a natural watercourse at a rate exceeding 10,000 gallons a day
    • A permit from the Ministry of Environment and Energy to use herbicides to control aquatic vegetation
    • A permit from the Ministry of Natural Resources to transfer fish, if the pond is being stocked
    • A resident sport-fishing licence, if fishing in ponds fed by streams flowing through the landowners property

With the site I have in mind I think I'm good with all of those.

Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    I assume you refer to Lake Trout and not the basketball players ya, it's a stupid move to introduce non-native anything into an inland lake.
    Been doing some research, would seem that I have a good case for the construction of a pond without a great deal of bureaucracy becoming involved, the rules I have found so far:

• A permit from the local Conservation Authority, if the pond is to be constructed on a floodplain or involves an alteration to a watercourse
    • A permit from the Ministry of Natural Resources to construct a dam or to divert water from a natural watercourse
    • A permit from the Ministry of Environment and Energy, if water comes from a natural watercourse at a rate exceeding 10,000 gallons a day
    • A permit from the Ministry of Environment and Energy to use herbicides to control aquatic vegetation
    • A permit from the Ministry of Natural Resources to transfer fish, if the pond is being stocked
    • A resident sport-fishing licence, if fishing in ponds fed by streams flowing through the landowners property

With the site I have in mind I think I'm good with all of those.
    You won't need the 10,000 gallons per day unless it is a really big water body. You're not likely to need aquatic herbicides if the water supply is from the lake unless there is milfoil.

Quote Originally Posted by DohcBikes View Post
    Cant imagine wasting time on such things
    Some of us have loftier ideals than fight club and drilling holes in seat pans.
    woodsman and TCed like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen J View Post
    Yea but the swans shit like it's a career and make mess of things.. Post #1,000,000,024
    Now THAT'S funny!

Just did an oil change, and chain lube/adjustment, and balancer chain adjustment on the KLR, and installed some pretty rad LED lights I got off Amazon for $8 shipped. Now it's ready for our weekend dual sport moto-camping trip. I can't wait! My mother in-law is coming to see my wife and kid for the weekend, and I have an excuse to leave! Lol.
    Name:  20170110_201627.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  3.38 MB
    Oh yeah, I also got a new riding jacket. Seems pretty nice so far.
    Name:  20170109_153420.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  3.76 MB
    EDIT: Sorry for the crappy sideways cell phone pics. It's bedtime and I can't be bothered to fix it, lol.
    LED's are still obviously bright on a sideways motorcycle.
    Last edited by thechief86; 01-10-2017 at 08:38 PM.
    knappyfeet likes this.
    It ain't easy bein' fat and greasy.

What brand is the jacket?
    If you can't pick it back up, don't ride it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen J View Post
    What brand is the jacket?
    It's the new version of the BILT Explorer waterproof jacket from Cycle Gear. It's basically a copy of the KLĪM adventure jackets, but less than half the price. It seems like a decent piece so far, rode about 40 miles in light rain yesterday and stayed warm and dry.
    The Explorer gear is on sale at Cycle Gear right now, like half off. My Fulmer jacket has seen better days, so I replaced it.
    It ain't easy bein' fat and greasy.

Sponsored Links