The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread - Page 132
Close

The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread

This is a discussion on The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; The Motorcycle Gods finally gave me a break. Woke up to clear blue skies, slightly damp roads and a balmy 42 degrees F. Bike ran ...

Page 132 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1395
Like Tree519Likes

Thread: The "Whatcha Doin Today" Thread

  1. #1311
    Ews
    Ews is offline
    Senior Member Ews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Lewiston Idaho
    Posts
    1,039
    The Motorcycle Gods finally gave me a break. Woke up to clear blue skies, slightly damp roads and a balmy 42 degrees F. Bike ran great, like it hasnt been almost 6 months since my last ride
    Dream as if you live forever, Live as if you die today.~ James Dean

  2. #1312
    Senior Member nic579's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,257
    Quote Originally Posted by Ews View Post
    The Motorcycle Gods finally gave me a break. Woke up to clear blue skies, slightly damp roads and a balmy 42 degrees F. Bike ran great, like it hasnt been almost 6 months since my last ride

    Might get to ride this weekend. Today is not horrible but not totally dry and there is still salt down, tomorrow should be dry and warm enough. 32F now.

  3. #1313
    Senior Member hillsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, QLD, Australia.
    Posts
    6,181
    Quote Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
    That FB page makes them all sound like a bunch of whiny bitches.

    Sure does

    One of my favourite letters from Ducati to Jorge......

    "Fuck. Anyway, look, we have spent a metric shit-ton of money on you this year. A. Metric. Shit. Ton.
    To make that money back we have to sell 786,545 Ducatis in the next three years. Now even if every soft-bearded, bobble-head bought like five of them Scramblers, and every rich sad-man bought seven Panigales, the accounts department reckons we're still gonna run a bit short.
    So our investment in you, George, is large.
    It needs to pay the fuck off. And the only way it can pay off is if you start winning races and bring home a title.
    It's been 10 years since we last won anything. And the bloke who won that...well, he comes and goes and we still pay him, but he tells us how far away he lives and how that's a problem, and then turns up and rides faster than either you or bloody Dovi in testing.
    We think the only thing you two have in common is your hatred for that Rossi prick. We get that. We hate him too, especially after we paid HIM a metric shit-ton of money to tell us how fucked our race bikes were.
    So anyway, testing is on again real soon. You need to hit the track running. Never mind the jet thing. We only made that so we have some kind of gimmick to sell bikes from down the track a bit.
    Focus on being quick and not crashing. We need that fucken title and we need it this year.
    George, look at us. We're not fucking around. Don't make us cut you. We will. We're Italians who are owned by Germans. You know what that means.
    Love,
    Ducati Motor Holding S.p.A."
    WERA689 likes this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #1314
    Ews
    Ews is offline
    Senior Member Ews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Lewiston Idaho
    Posts
    1,039
    Quote Originally Posted by nic579 View Post
    Might get to ride this weekend. Today is not horrible but not totally dry and there is still salt down, tomorrow should be dry and warm enough. 32F now.
    Well I'm glad I got to ride today. Looks like rain and maybe a touch of snow for the next 4 days
    Dream as if you live forever, Live as if you die today.~ James Dean

  6. #1315
    Senior Member nic579's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,257
    Quote Originally Posted by Ews View Post
    Well I'm glad I got to ride today. Looks like rain and maybe a touch of snow for the next 4 days
    We might luck out here and have clear weather in the mid 40s to low 50s got to love Global Climate Change it should be around 15f to 25f this time of year.



    55F did a nice ride stopped and got my inspection on the Tuono. Seems my stalling issue was resolved with the new vent lines.
    Last edited by nic579; 02-18-2017 at 11:56 AM.

  7. #1316
    Senior Member TCed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    traverse city, mi, USA.
    Posts
    1,975


    Kayaking in Lake Michigan in Feb.

  8. #1317
    Senior Member DesmoDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dexter, MI, USA.
    Posts
    1,470
    So yesterday I FINALLY got some Termi slip ons mounted on my 851. Fitting an old bike that's fallen over at least once with a newly built copy of an old system is not trivial it would seem. What should have taken an hour took weeks. Anyway.. I finished it up yesterday and moved on to putting the chip in to prep for antisocial mode. Ten minute job, right? Yeah... have you met the problem child that is my 851?

    Took the cover off the ECU. No chip socket, I'm looking at the bottom of the circuit board. Ok, pull the ECU. WTF? Something is rattling around in it. Of course there is, why would this be simple?

    Long story short, some sort of high voltage suppressor had liberated itself from it's leads. Probably related to the voltage regulator failing last year.

    So my ten minute chip change resulted in sourcing an obsolete MR2520L gizmo and what the heck why not an NOS ECU as long as we're spending money?

    First pic is the Termis in place after much struggle. Second pic is the rogue high voltage suppression device. Third pic is the device's home. Last pic... damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead. Between the open clutch cover I finally installed (needed a bolt hole moved so it would fit) and the Termis, it will by flying the '90s Superbike freak flags high. I refuse to go all the way with an open intake, that's just too damn loud...
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    jaguar and Farmer_John like this.
    -Craig
    The Mighty Monza Jr. Thread: http://www.caferacer.net/forum/proje...r-project.html

  9. #1318
    Senior Member Cyorg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    B.C.
    Posts
    1,174
    Quote Originally Posted by DesmoDog View Post
    So yesterday I FINALLY got some Termi slip ons mounted on my 851. Fitting an old bike that's fallen over at least once with a newly built copy of an old system is not trivial it would seem. What should have taken an hour took weeks. Anyway.. I finished it up yesterday and moved on to putting the chip in to prep for antisocial mode. Ten minute job, right? Yeah... have you met the problem child that is my 851?

    Took the cover off the ECU. No chip socket, I'm looking at the bottom of the circuit board. Ok, pull the ECU. WTF? Something is rattling around in it. Of course there is, why would this be simple?

    Long story short, some sort of high voltage suppressor had liberated itself from it's leads. Probably related to the voltage regulator failing last year.

    So my ten minute chip change resulted in sourcing an obsolete MR2520L gizmo and what the heck why not an NOS ECU as long as we're spending money?
    I'm assuming with the length of time you have been riding Ducati motorcycles that none of this really came as a surprise to you. Had the tank off the V11 MG yesterday to sort out an intermittent no start. Think it was wired by the same fellow that cold soldered your doodad. What brand is that green lathe in the corner?
    "Non urinat in ventum"

  10. #1319
    Senior Member DesmoDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dexter, MI, USA.
    Posts
    1,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyorg View Post
    I'm assuming with the length of time you have been riding Ducati motorcycles that none of this really came as a surprise to you. Had the tank off the V11 MG yesterday to sort out an intermittent no start. Think it was wired by the same fellow that cold soldered your doodad. What brand is that green lathe in the corner?
    Even in the world of Ducatis this thing is possesed. Stuff that is no fault of Ducati just finds it way to it.

    That lathe is a Sheldon. My dad bought it years ago from a school auction for scrap value, had hardly been used. Beat to hell now though...
    -Craig
    The Mighty Monza Jr. Thread: http://www.caferacer.net/forum/proje...r-project.html

  11. #1320
    Senior Member DesmoDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dexter, MI, USA.
    Posts
    1,470
    Quote Originally Posted by DesmoDog View Post
    ...Took the cover off the ECU. No chip socket, I'm looking at the bottom of the circuit board. Ok, pull the ECU. WTF? Something is rattling around in it. Of course there is, why would this be simple?

    Long story short, some sort of high voltage suppressor had liberated itself from it's leads. Probably related to the voltage regulator failing last year.

    So my ten minute chip change resulted in sourcing an obsolete MR2520L gizmo and what the heck why not an NOS ECU as long as we're spending money?
    And then when the ECU shows up, and you install the fancy schmancy FbF chip, put the ECU back in, put the bodywork back on the tail... and discover the fuel pump doesn't run when the key is switched on? Off it all comes again to confirm the chip is installed correctly. It was.

    Long story short the troubleshooting showed the connector was getting the right signal at the right time so the ECU/Chip is fine. Jump power to the pump and... it runs.

    Deja Vu all over again. Ran down the same path with my 996 a couple years ago. New fuel pump now ordered. Woo Hoo! More money. In theory this started as an afternoon job with no additional costs involved.

    I (re)learned one lesson though, no bodywork will be installed until it's been proven the cantankerous SOB runs... though between the Termis and the open clutch cover, it will at least SOUND like a grumpy old bike now too...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    -Craig
    The Mighty Monza Jr. Thread: http://www.caferacer.net/forum/proje...r-project.html

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 308
    Last Post: 06-10-2016, 05:29 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-08-2013, 09:47 AM

Search tags for this page

cafe racer 250

Click on a term to search for related topics.