Trucks are flippin expensive. - Page 2
Close

Trucks are flippin expensive.

This is a discussion on Trucks are flippin expensive. within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by Ews Everything in general is skyrocketing in price. I know that it is relative to increase in wage. But I feel this ...

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Trucks are flippin expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ews View Post
    Everything in general is skyrocketing in price. I know that it is relative to increase in wage. But I feel this is off balence
    Oh it's off man, it's way off.
    pwalo likes this.

Everything in general is skyrocketing in price. I know that it is relative to increase in wage. But I feel this is off balence
    You and woodsman are correct.

I was looking at the new Nissan Titan and they are b...e...a...utiful but 50K plus? That's alot.....for a truck to launch the skis or take a dirt bike somewhere occasionally.

But San Diego is just really nutty in cost overall........especially compared to say Vegas or Arizona . Me and wife have seriously considered moving to Arizona. In fact in 2 weeks we are going to look at a house in Bullhead city.....right on the river. It's just the oppressive heat that has us thinking. It's only $380K. That's at least 200K less than my current house but almost twice the square footage. I got to figure it out though.

Name:  Screenshot_2016-09-20-13-26-13-1.png
Views: 116
Size:  794.6 KB

It's the one with all the vegetation and just a quick ride to Laughlin for a $4.99 breakfast buffet.

Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    I would agree.

It does have a lift kit but I think the pic makes it look taller than it really is.......just a tick higher than a Chevrolet Express work van.

What I have to make sure is that it runs solid with no anticipated surprises cause we cross the desert quite often. Its starting to sound like a go though.
    I don't know, those look like 35" tires and that looks like a 4"-6" lift to me. without the factory off road package, those 1500s don't stand that tall so a 6" lift might not look that aggressive.

By the way, that truck looks so california and so much fun it is hard not to like it.

Things I would want to know are:
    - slip yoke eliminator? if not at least new driveshaft and bumpstops?
    - alignment?
    - was the trans rebuilt (new transmission for one is $1600)
    - what are the current gear ratios?

take a tape measurer with you and measure the track of the front wheels. Then ask them to put it on a lift and measure the track again to see if the alignment changes when the front is unloaded. you also want to see camber go negative under compression and positive under unladen.
    Last edited by Geeto67; 09-20-2016 at 03:03 PM.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I'd take a magnet with me as well, see what the lousy paint is covering. Maybe it's been on it's lid.
    pwalo likes this.

Ews
    You and woodsman are correct.

I was looking at the new Nissan Titan and they are b...e...a...utiful but 50K plus? That's alot.....for a truck to launch the skis or take a dirt bike somewhere occasionally.

But San Diego is just really nutty in cost overall........especially compared to say Vegas or Arizona . Me and wife have seriously considered moving to Arizona. In fact in 2 weeks we are going to look at a house in Bullhead city.....right on the river. It's just the oppressive heat that has us thinking. It's only $380K. That's at least 200K less than my current house but almost twice the square footage. I got to figure it out though.

Name:  Screenshot_2016-09-20-13-26-13-1.png
Views: 116
Size:  794.6 KB

It's the one with all the vegetation and just a quick ride to Laughlin for a $4.99 breakfast buffet.
    San Deigo? You should check out Boris on bikes (youtube channel), I dont know why but I just like the guy, he seems to be a genuinely cool dude.

Ya housing cost is insane. Average cost of a 2k sqft home here is $185k give or take, over in Bozeman where my parents still live, same house would average close to $500k. But then they have a great university, 3 ski resorts and are right on the interstate
    Dream as if you live forever, Live as if you die today.~ James Dean

Me and wife have seriously considered moving to Arizona. In fact in 2 weeks we are going to look at a house in Bullhead city.....right on the river.
    A friend and mentor of mine owns a hot rod shop in Bullhead City. I drove a 28ft box truck there non-stop from Nebraska with an entire shops worth of tools and parts, helped him unload, then hauled ass to Vegas airport to fly back to work by monday morning. That was a fun trip, no sleep for probably 40 hours. It's crazy hot there.

my father in law bought his "dream truck" a few years ago. 05? Chevy 1500 z71 with a 6" suspension lift.
    Dream truck? Your father in law? What in the holy hell has happened to this country. 05 Chevy is a throw-away truck, like tin foil compared to vintage steel. I can't imagine why any older gentleman would dream of a late model truck. My 95 is even too new to be a "dream truck".

1955 Chevy, now that's a dream truck.

$50k for a new truck, no thanks. My 95 8 lug 3/4 ton 5 speed 4x4 5.7l chevy was $2K. I could buy 25 of them for $50k. And it's a far better truck than anything new in my opinion.
    Last edited by DohcBikes; 09-20-2016 at 03:41 PM.
    pwalo and s10hornet like this.

Ews
    Quote Originally Posted by DohcBikes View Post
    Dream truck? Your father in law? What in the holy hell has happened to this country. 05 Chevy is a throw-away truck, like tin foil compared to vintage steel. I can't imagine why any older gentleman would dream of a late model truck. My 95 is even too new to be a "dream truck".

1955 Chevy, now that's a dream truck.

$50k for a new truck, no thanks. My 95 8 lug 3/4 ton 5 speed 4x4 5.7l chevy was $2K. I could buy 25 of them for $50k. And it's a far better truck than anything new in my opinion.

Oh I agree, most new trucks are garbage. My dream truck is one of two different trucks:

96' F-250 with the 460 (I had the pleasure of owning one, this is not mine although mine was the same color scheme)
    Name:  26673959.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  124.6 KB

1971 C-10 (I was supposed to get my grandfathers, but some family shit when down and it's a sore subject for me...)
    Name:  chevrolet_c10_cheyenne_pickup_7.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  793.3 KB
    drgonzo likes this.
    Dream as if you live forever, Live as if you die today.~ James Dean

The first truck I had was a '72 GMC just like this one.Name:  21386285-770-0@2X.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  41.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
    I'd take a magnet with me as well, see what the lousy paint is covering. Maybe it's been on it's lid.
    Good thinking....will do.

Carfax shows one owner and no accidents but sometimes I wonder how good carfax is with older vehicles. I'm sure it's accurate but who knows.

Still a lousy paint job.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links