Victory in Defeat
Close

Victory in Defeat

This is a discussion on Victory in Defeat within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Polaris shuts down the Victory brand - RevZilla "This was an incredibly difficult decision for me, my team and the Polaris Board of Directors," said ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Geeto67

Thread: Victory in Defeat

Victory in Defeat

Polaris shuts down the Victory brand - RevZilla

"This was an incredibly difficult decision for me, my team and the Polaris Board of Directors," said Polaris Industries Chairman and CEO Scott Wine in a news release announcing the change. "Over the past 18 years, we have invested not only resources, but our hearts and souls, into forging the Victory Motorcycles brand, and we are exceptionally proud of what our team has accomplished."
    The news release stated that the company sees greater potential and strength with the Indian brand it acquired. "This decision will improve the profitability of Polaris and our global motorcycle business, and will materially improve our competitive stance in the industry," said Wine.
    Polaris said the company will help dealers liquidate existing inventory and will provide parts support for 10 years.
    I mean I guess we saw it coming when we were all asking ourselves why Polaris needed two cruiser brands after they bought Indian but still....kind of a bummer. I'll be interested in seeing what products get tossed over the wall and end up with Indian badges on them.
    thechief86 likes this.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

Man, that's a bummer, but I bet some deals are to be had on leftover bikes right now.
    I will say that I LOVE the new Indian line after riding a few, and even though there's not a lot of difference between the two, the Indians really have a look that catches my eye, at least as far as cruisers go, while the Victory line only had a couple of bikes I liked.
    If money were no object, there would be an Indian Chief in my fleet of maybe 10 different motorcycles I'd keep around.
    It ain't easy bein' fat and greasy.

Wow, in my travels this year I would have to say I've seen more Victory than Indian. Could just be local availability.
    If you can't pick it back up, don't ride it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Definitely too bad.
    GrandPaul
    Author, \"Old Bikes\"

I commend them for launching an American built startup motorcycle company. The Indian line has so much more potential, it makes sense to pull the plug and focus on Indian.

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    I'll be interested in seeing what products get tossed over the wall and end up with Indian badges on them.
    Perhaps the E-bike but I doubt if anything else does.

I do like the Vision. I thought the Cross Country was really making some headway.....it was also nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen J View Post
    Wow, in my travels this year I would have to say I've seen more Victory than Indian. Could just be local availability.
    Same here - far more Victories on the road over here than Indians.

Sponsored Links