Cafe Racer Forum banner

TZ250 or 350 Engine and Parts

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  ajordan 
#1 ·
I have an aftermarket frame with forks and wheels that is need of an engine.
This probably a long shot, though I thought I would throw it out there, any good resources for tracking down a tz250 or tz350 engine?

Within the US would be easiest, though Australia could also be possible.

#5 ·
Geeto, yeah it was just a spur of the moment thing. It was close by and I had spoken on the phone with the guy selling it about 450's before so I thought I would just go say hi and take a look, a few hours later it was in my garage... I'm sure I will speak with Ross more about it when I start working on it. Thanks for the heads up on Yukio.

S10 - Thanks, just reached out but sold already.

#6 ·
For a hot street bike or racer?

RD cases are the same but will need a little machining for big end bearing half moon clips and rubber mounts. other than that they are the same - depending on year. For the street first gear is too high and porting isn't good either. For a race bike, a nice new set of gear shafts and clutch assembly and new crank and PVL ignition is a good place to start. TZ750 top end is pretty mild and probably streetable. LC radiator with bottom connection moved is as close as you can get to a TZ rad. You can get them new for about 50 bucks now.

I don't remember any Egli TZs. Do you have any pictures of the chassis?

#7 ·
Teazer, thank you for that info.
i'm thinking this will most likely be race bike only.

i don't have too many photographs yet, I will grab some this weekend though.

Here are a couple of the frame, the 350 is in the front and 750 (not mine) in the background.

Bicycle wheel Bicycle part Bicycle frame Bicycle Bicycle drivetrain part
Bicycle wheel Bicycle part Bicycle tire Bicycle Bicycle drivetrain part

Land vehicle Vehicle Bicycle Bicycle wheel Bicycle part

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.