Close

post pics of your bike

This is a discussion on post pics of your bike within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; One of the variations allowed to a "production" bike was a fairing. Some of the available fairings were not exactly copies of race fairings but ...

Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: post pics of your bike

One of the variations allowed to a "production" bike was a fairing. Some of the available fairings were not exactly copies of race fairings but quite sporty. So clubmans were made to fit. I agree that clubmans are a "poor mans" clip on but they are a legitimate part of the cafe history. England in the early 60s was still recovering from WW2. To a kid with a ratty Triumph and maybe not a lot of skill (and definitely not a lot of money) clubmans were a cheap alternative to clip ons.
    Don\'t cry because its over. Smile because it happened

I don't have anything against them. I have 2 pair coming from Dirk.
    I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

I think one of the problems with their acceptance is if you don't get the right type for the bike they look crappy. One of the shops I used to visit had about 12 different styles. All were labeled for each particular bike.
    Don\'t cry because its over. Smile because it happened

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofhearted View Post
    A little history lesson. Back in the 60s production racing was popular in England (when they still made bikes). Production rules were strict and one of the rules stated that the original handlebar mounts had to be used. No clip ons. One of the factories came up with the idea of clubmans. Clip on bar position without violating the rules.
    While production rules in the '60s may have required stock handlebar mounts, they most certainly did not lead to the development of clubmans. That style of bar was already in use by 1950. Here's one example I'm aware of, and these likely aren't the first use either. I almost put these on my 160 Ducati. (they use an internal throttle - note throottle cable coming out of bar - and some have brake levers that pivot on outer end also. Cool but too expensive for me)

1950 Moto Guzzi:
    Name:  GuzziFalcone.jpg
Views: 759
Size:  45.0 KB
    -Craig
    The Mighty Monza Jr. Thread: http://www.caferacer.net/forum/proje...r-project.html

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofhearted View Post
    I think one of the problems with their acceptance is if you don't get the right type for the bike they look crappy.
    +1000

And it's usually the cheap ones that look like crap on about anything, because they haven't got the angles right. At least the cheap ones I bought have never worked on any bike I've tried them on.

I used them on my 160
    http://www.teamyikes.com/160/Pics/wire_4154_l.jpg

http://www.teamyikes.com/160/Pics/IMG_4218_l.jpg

This bike is very small, so are the bars. The bars are also rather flat. Full size generic clubmans look idiotic on this bike. (Ask me how I know, and does anyone want a pair of generic clubmans?) FWIW I like clubmans so much I'll likely use them on the next project I have too (though that one will have rearsets)

This bike also breaks the rule of stock footpegs with low bars. However there is a precendence here, Ducati did the same thing during this era.

EDIT: I've forgotten how tag images here so click the links if you care...
    Last edited by DesmoDog; 04-03-2013 at 10:51 AM. Reason: why the hell can't we use normal image tags here?
    -Craig
    The Mighty Monza Jr. Thread: http://www.caferacer.net/forum/proje...r-project.html

Not sure how this site works, but thought I'd put a post of my cafe racer (sold recently) and current Yamaha XS 650.

Name:  Ft Worth 002.jpg
Views: 880
Size:  90.8 KB

Name:  XS in OK and parts-lites 001.jpg
Views: 792
Size:  93.8 KB

never ending.... .Name:  WP_20130423_002[1].jpg
Views: 763
Size:  99.8 KB
    its cross season buddy,.. no "café racers" just trying to get more performance from these classic m/c's.. FrameCrafters/Seeley framed H1 500 race/project. 82 Suzuki gs550m katana, 75 S3 400 kawasaki, 75 H1 500 kawasaki, 76 suzuki gt 500 vintage 3 , 70 kawasaki a7 350 avenger.... name is tom

Hi everybody, have been an avid reader of threads on here for a couple of years. So thought i'd better say hello with some pics of my Triton.
    I built her about 7 years ago from a 1953 wideline, i put in a 68 TR6 motor as thats what was available, the bike is now in it's 4th incarnation since i built it. Last year i stripped the motor and bike right down and did much work on upping the motor spec for how she is now. We are fortunate in the uk that we can get daytime mot's on vehicles so hence no lights whatsoever.
    Name:  Triton eifel 001.jpg
Views: 787
Size:  100.8 KBName:  Triton eifel 002.jpg
Views: 1079
Size:  98.3 KBName:  Triton eifel 003.jpg
Views: 1090
Size:  100.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ROSKO View Post
    finally, people posting pictures of THEIR bikes, like the thread implies....

good on ya!

here's one of mine:
    Are all of those in the pic yours??

Quote Originally Posted by doogalman View Post
    Hi everybody, have been an avid reader of threads on here for a couple of years. So thought i'd better say hello with some pics of my Triton.
    I built her about 7 years ago from a 1953 wideline, i put in a 68 TR6 motor as thats what was available, the bike is now in it's 4th incarnation since i built it. Last year i stripped the motor and bike right down and did much work on upping the motor spec for how she is now. We are fortunate in the uk that we can get daytime mot's on vehicles so hence no lights whatsoever.
    Name:  Triton eifel 001.jpg
Views: 787
Size:  100.8 KB
    Sweet... though it's not a Honda CBwhatever so I guess it isn't a REAL cafe racer... KIDDING!

I love it.
    -Craig

Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Links