Powder Coating services for small parts
Close

This is a discussion on Powder Coating services for small parts within the Member Products forums, part of the Classifieds category; I've offered my services to the guys and gals over at the NGW site, so I thought I would do the same for all who ...

I've offered my services to the guys and gals over at the NGW site, so I thought I would do the same for all who read here, Honda fanatics or not.

Prices include preparation, coating and curing for clean parts. Single color, please. Multi-color coatings are possible, but available by quote only.

Preparation varies depending on base metals but in general includes: coating stripper followed by solvent and/or amonia/boiling water bath. A good deal of the cost in a part is preparation; this is reflected in the "clear on polished" prices where a polished piece has relatively little preparation needed and the price is reduced significantly.

Coating will be applied in any one of the standard colors listed below. Custom colors are available from many sources; pick one and pay only an additional shipping charge for the powder of your choice. (See sites below; "specialty" colors may require some testing before I'll coat your parts... no additional charge, but the lead time may increase.)

Curing will vary depending on coating chosen. My curing oven is the limiting factor in part size; everything listed below will fit my oven, even if only one at a time. If you have a part that is not listed and will not fit within the dimensions listed below, I may not be able to accommodate the part... please contact me in this case.

I will ship the parts back to you using the same method that you used to ship to me unless otherwise requested. Turn around will vary depending on how many parts you send me! In general, a couple of weeks would be the maximum. If you need something quickly, we can work that out. I'm pretty flexible in this regard.

Advertised prices require your parts to be stripped of paint and grease/oil/road grit. Parts do NOT have to be "perfect" in this regard, however cleaning rate for parts that are obviously not ready for prep is $9 an hour. As a general rule, if coatings and oxidation are removed, it's ready to be prepped!

Finally, I am not a "re-builder" or "restoration service" so sending me nasty, corroded brake calipers and expecting pristine, rebuilt, coated calipers in return will not end well for you! I will do simple disassembly; If I have to disassemble a part, you will be charged the cleaning rate for actual disassembly time and receive the parts back in a baggie for you to rebuild/reassemble. An exception to this practice; if fasteners are not "free" and a simple soaking in PB blaster will not liberate them, I will go no further, return the parts to you, and you will pay shipping and the cleaning rate for the time spent.

Common parts

[u]Brake Parts:</u>
    Front Caliper Bracket: $11
    Front Caliper: $19
    Splitter: $12
    Rear Caliper: $25
    Rear Master: $19 (includes cap, if metal)
    Front Master: $19 (Excludes handle, which should not be coated.)

[u]Motor Parts:</u>
    Valve Covers: $23 (Color each, will mask for contrast on raised bits as requested)
    Valve Covers: $15 (Clear each over polished)

[u]Other Parts:</u>
    Large or complicated brackets: $21 (Each. Vetter fairing brackets, rearsets, etc.)
    Small or very simple brackets: $12 (Each. Motor mounts, carb trim, plug wire covers, etc.)
    Tripple tree: $32 (Color on top with clamps and bottom)
    Tripple tree: $21 (Color on top with clamps.)
    Tripple tree: $17 (Clear on polished top with clamps.)
    Clutch perch: $19 (Excludes handle, which should not be coated.)

Pretty much any other part that will fit in my oven by quote... just ask. If it's a common part, I'll add it to the list here.

Standard Colors:

From Eastwood: Any color listed as "Standard Colors" on the Eastwood website here:
    http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?i...mType=CATEGORY.

From Powderbuythepound dot com: Any color listed under "RAL and Standard Colors" on the Powderbuythepound website, here:
    http://www.powderbuythepound.com/cat...hp?cPath=46_40

Custom Colors:

Literally any powder available at either of the above sites can be used; if it's one I haven't tried before, there may be 1 or 2 days added to your lead time while I get samples coated and get "comfortable" with the powder. I will NOT use your parts to "experiment!"

-Deek
    [img=left]http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w351/FirstYearDeek/riptorn.gif[/img=left]\"Sometimes you gotta grab life by the haunches and hump it into submission.\"

To contact me, reply to this thread or use the email address in my profile.

For an estimate on shipping, use the zip code 47803.

-Deek
    [img=left]http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w351/FirstYearDeek/riptorn.gif[/img=left]\"Sometimes you gotta grab life by the haunches and hump it into submission.\"

Here are some shots of parts I've coated...

A fan shroud: Before/After

Some steering parts:

Some brake parts:

A closeup of one of my favorite coatings; "hammertone gray"

Another closeup of two common coatings; "gloss black" on a radiator shroud vs. "wrinkle black" on a battery tray.

-Deek

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Just finished my first coating with Powderbuythepound.com "Patented Ultimate Chrome" coating. This is a rear master cylinder for a 75 goldwing; it was beat to hell and I got some lint on it before I coated it so it has a few specs and flaws here and there... interesting powder; hard to describe the look. I'm going to do another clean piece Monday night and clear half of it so I can see how chrome looks vs. chrome + clear.

-Deek

Here is a shot of some more parts with the Chrome powder. MUCH better result this time: (These are Honda carb linkages and throttle shafts)

-Deek

nice job not powder coating the openings.
    Needles
    Push your mind, body, and soul to complete exhaustion, then push further and finish first!

Sponsored Links