Cafe Racer Forum banner

Ride of the Month (December)

32K views 129 replies 46 participants last post by  steveo 
#1 ·

We are happy to announce the Inaugural Ride of the Month here at CafeRacer.net!* Post pics of your complete, or "getting there" ride (We're never done, are we?) and be subjected to the scrutiny of your evil corporate overlords for cash. We'll pick the best ride based on platform, upgrades, quality of workmanship, and photography. Winner gets a $25 gift certificate from Amazon.com, and a temporary boost to their ego, based on accolades received electronically in the form of internet text.

Simply post the best pic of your bike!

We welcome everyone including vendors to participate, however we will not pick the same winner within a 3 month period.

Rules for entry are below:
  • The photo must be attached to a post in this thread
  • Limit photos to one post.
  • You must be the owner of the bike.

This first one will run through December, just to blow the dust off. Contest will close on December 20th at 4:00 pm CST.

Ride On!

See less See more
#34 · (Edited)
well - with all the new posters I got 1st alarmed but most seem old lurkers with aged handles. Is it really so that we have a huge crowd of lurkers (some with interesting bikes!) who have registered but never posted but now in the dreams of getting $25 they post up?. Kind of interesting.

--

the email must have encouraged all the new faces. Its not bad imo.

#36 ·
The email blast seemed to get everyone out from what ever rock they were under.

DDT lite for sure.
Thank god we are back on the monetize the name again....

Reactions: BigAl8295
#42 ·
Change, I fear change.

The resistance is that more of the people showing up are only interested in a look, or just have hipster bait bikes.
But guess that gives us more people to talk to.....

#49 ·
#54 ·
We run it in Ohio at the East Coast Timing Association races.
They are held four times a year. I'm an Automechanics teacher and the entire bike was designed built and painted by my students.
Plan to run the head and jug from a crf150r (4valve) on an SL 100 block. Looks like with a little welding and grinding it'll fit.
Gotta destroke the crank to stay down on cc's tho.
Our other option is to cut a billet head from scratch with our own port design.
The 2valve made 13hp on our local Dyno. Hoping for 18-20

#55 · (Edited)
built in ****..style. ugh. drag style as in drag queen style?

can I post a video:

I guess it will not qualify as I don't have the bike anymore. I loaded all my stuff in an container and the c100 was in bits. Just when I popped a beer after the container truck left I saw the frame in bubble wrap in my back yard. So everything else but the frame I still have here in Finland...

#63 ·
" Originally Posted by jimbo184
My '71 R5.Attachment 10554
I think photochops should not be considered."

Thanks for the compliment, I think....
For the photo I put a white bed sheet on the ground to pick up the metal highlights, which I then cloned out (poorly). No other work was done on the photo.

Jim B

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.