Cafe Racer Forum banner

Ride of the Month (December)

32K views 129 replies 46 participants last post by  steveo 
#1 ·

We are happy to announce the Inaugural Ride of the Month here at CafeRacer.net!* Post pics of your complete, or "getting there" ride (We're never done, are we?) and be subjected to the scrutiny of your evil corporate overlords for cash. We'll pick the best ride based on platform, upgrades, quality of workmanship, and photography. Winner gets a $25 gift certificate from Amazon.com, and a temporary boost to their ego, based on accolades received electronically in the form of internet text.

Simply post the best pic of your bike!

We welcome everyone including vendors to participate, however we will not pick the same winner within a 3 month period.

Rules for entry are below:
  • The photo must be attached to a post in this thread
  • Limit photos to one post.
  • You must be the owner of the bike.

This first one will run through December, just to blow the dust off. Contest will close on December 20th at 4:00 pm CST.

Ride On!

See less See more
#3 ·
It's not the worst idea ever.
But take the BS about judging the photograph part down.....that's lame
Honestly I cant think of how this will actually work here....we don't really do this.

How about a contest each month that shows people out doing shit on bikes....not just taking pictures of it
Will need some type of rule that the picture must be within the same month or something though

#7 ·
We always talk about how we don't actually do "builds" and defiantly don't have many build threads of beauty contests.

Lets feature people every month that are actually doing stuff on motorcycles out in the real world.

Off the top of my head we have
-champ road racers
-Race bike builders
-land speed racers an record holders
-TAT riders
ect ect

#8 ·
I hate to be this guy, but this thread is about what we ARE doing. If you want to start another one about what you think we should do, I'll certainly take it under advisement. You've got some good ideas, and I'm open to them. Let's get some pics in this thread.

#22 ·
This is probably top 5 in the best things I have ever seen on the internet.
You win.

#26 ·
Ok here is my 63 G12 Matchelss. I really haven't done a lot to it, I did rebuild the motor, added clubman bars and modified the original foot controls to become rear-sets and modified the seat lower to give me a more "in the bike" ride position. The paint work is from original and has just faded back to what you see. There is 50 years or patina there, why would anyone want to remove that. Cheers Chris.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle Motor vehicle

#27 ·
I'm in. This is my latest project which I have posted before.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Enduro

This is my Flywing XR12. It has the 150cc Honda pushrod clone engine in it. I added a pod filter, an XR50 front fender along with part of an Acerbis rear fender. It has some awesome Grey dirtbike grips and a front number plate that I used some custom zipties to mount I used black ones since I didn't have any green. I had to do some work to it before I could use it as my daily ride. I had to put on a rear brake arm and rod that I got off a Kawasaki 200 three wheeler that I found at the dump. I also had to replace a couple of the motor mount bolts and tighten up the other two. Fortunately when I tightened the upper rear motor mount bolt it pulled the crack in the rear of the case back together and really slowed down that oil leak. I had to do some other stuff like replacing the front sprocket. I went + 1 to get some extra cruising speed on the road. I also tightened the spokes on the front wheel so that it it didn't wobble so much, but there are still some flat spots. Speaking of flats, I also had to patch the front tube. I rode it back and forth to work quite a bit until it started getting dark to early since I don't have any lights and didn't want to get hit by any traffic. Plus we now have too much snow and the roads are too slippery. I pushed it under the deck where it won't get snowed on too much.

Thanks for looking and vote for my bike, so I can win a prize. Do I get a participation ribbon?

Can I enter another bike? I have 2 more Chinese pitbikes and I have an awesome project brewing with a clone XR 50 style motor in the remains of a KLX110 that I found under a house. It is gonna be so cool.

Ken

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.