Cafe Racer Forum banner

Project "New upholstery for me bump seat"

4K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  pampadori 
#1 ·
'sup ladies and germs. i hate winter! no riding, and short damn days. But it does give us time to modify stuff.
I recently repainted one of my bikes. I used a urethane base - clear. Looks real nice, but i did have to wet sand out a little on the tank. all better though.

The upholstery job i had on this thing before was just gross and dumb. Uncomfortable for a bike that isn't raced at all, its only a street bike. before picture...

now, the new and improved! much cooler, more comfortable, period correct, and 4 pounds heavier....

Now i just need to clean it up and wait for warmer weather. I envy people from miami, or Phoenix, or houston. Sometimes. I wouldn't change our falls here in Virginia for anything. But at least when it does get warmer, my ass will be happier.

See less See more
#2 ·
Man, that seat upholstery looks killer. Did you do that yourself or have it done? Any chance you can write a little tutorial on it? I've always been curious how to get the ribs in the seat like that, and not have the corners pulled down.

Thanks,
Mike

#3 ·
Man, that seat upholstery looks killer. Did you do that yourself or have it done? Any chance you can write a little tutorial on it? I've always been curious how to get the ribs in the seat like that, and not have the corners pulled down.

Thanks,
Mike

#6 ·
i have a guy local that does it for me. He does all the local award winning cars in town. He's expensive though. But he does such a great job you know, so its worth it. He made a pan out of ABS and then laid a gel foam over it and then the leather. $250 all said and done.

The seat looks like that in the first pic because there was a white wall behind me.

#7 ·
i have a guy local that does it for me. He does all the local award winning cars in town. He's expensive though. But he does such a great job you know, so its worth it. He made a pan out of ABS and then laid a gel foam over it and then the leather. $250 all said and done.

The seat looks like that in the first pic because there was a white wall behind me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.