Close

CBR 600 F3 Cafe Racer Project

This is a discussion on CBR 600 F3 Cafe Racer Project within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Hi community, I want to post my project here... Some things are already done, such as: - stripped naked - clubman headlight - small turn ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CBR 600 F3 Cafe Racer Project

Hi community,

I want to post my project here...
    Some things are already done, such as:

- stripped naked
    - clubman headlight
    - small turn lights
    - new clip-ons installed right under the upper fork crown
    - tank and rear fairings painted matt black (race flag stickers are on the way)

Some ideas I already have are:community

- painting exhaust tubes also matt black or silver, OR installing exhaust wraps
    - installing fork boots
    - changing the rear (more flat and shorter), but here I dont have any ideas how to realize it
    - other pipes (louder and deeper)
    - shield with starting number

Now my main questions are, if such a project (based on the CBR600F) is worth the money and work, since I am a poor student
    Or if I should leave the bike as it is , driving it and wait till I earn money to buy and build a "classical" cafe racer.
    What do you think?

Has somebody experience with this type of bike?
    I looked in the net for similar projects, but found no one!

Im thankful for every help, advice or ideas!

Regards, Tobi

Listen to the bike, Tobi. I'm on the other side of the world, and I can hear what it's trying to tell you. It's saying: "I am a perfectly good mid-90's sportbike. Ride me on twisty roads, or make a track bike out of me. But don't try to make me a 'classical cafe racer.' By the way, may I please have my fairing and my front fender back?"

Steve,
    I am hearing the bike saying something different. I am hearing it say, " I need a TZ style front fender and I need this seat. Then I will be happy, but pleas don't stick any checkerboards or 59 stickers on me."

But Tobi, don't side mount the tail light and license plate. Don't paint any of it flat black. If you want to change the exhaust then I think either stainless or carbon fiber would look good. It will never be a classic "Cafe" , but it could be a nice naked 90's bike that Honda should have built. Don't try and make it into a streetfighter, either. they just look dumb.

Ken
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 112
    AHRMA 981
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex hate me!!

Thanks to the both of you for your reply! The seat and fender are really looking good.

I like the base I have here, but I also understand steve's point. But it's like I fell in love with the style of those bikes.
    Mainly the drivers sitting position, loud pipes as possible, decent painting.
    And I think it will look good when made properly.

You are right, it wont be a "classic", but it is possible to make some kind of modern Cafe Racer, having the essence and the same idea behind it like the classic Cafe Racers

Don't you think?

I hope u understand what I want to say, its quite difficult for me to talk about that in english

kenessex, you were against flat black, which colour would you prefer for this bike?

Liked the sentence, make a 90's naked bike which they should have built back in the 90 's

Thanks again for your time, if more comes to your mind, let me know im thankful for everything!

I'd shoot for a modern interpertation blending a "street fighter" with old school Cafe. Old school cafe bikes were the "street fighters" of their day.

I have no idea what styling cues would produce this look, but that's what the bike says to me ....assuming one really doesn't want it to be what it was made to be.
    JohnnyB

what wrong with just being honest about what the bike is and could be?
    its a great base for a "street fighter" or make some improvements to the basic stock bike and enjoy.
    you say that you are poor and i can understand that so just try to spend some money on making what you have better rather then try and make it something that it can never be.....

or make some improvements to the bike, sell it on for some coin and find a cheap old bike to build a more classic cafe
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

i would put some joe camel plastics on it...
    ask me about my ADD or pie or my cat. a dog. i have a bike. Do you like TV? i saw a rock. hi.

That bike is a good base for a fighter. I didn't think so at first, but have a look at this one:

That's some inspiration.....

There's more over here:

http://www.customfighters.com

Tobi,
    This is the style fender I am thinking.

I just don't think that street fighters give the same sense of what is proper as a cafe does. Personally, I don't like the exhaust exit, the side mount tail light and the tail section.

As far as paint goes, if you leave the frame silver then I like a gloss black paint with silver details.

Ken
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 112
    AHRMA 981
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex hate me!!

Ok I will think about the gloss black and silver details, just need to think about the dteails.

So it will be a mix of modern parts and a cafe racer.
    the front is very good, need to look what it will cost when shipped to germany.

Would some "sponsor"badges work?

Regards, Tobi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links