Close

CB400F Build in Australia

This is a discussion on CB400F Build in Australia within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Hi Everyone, So here's my 1st post.. I found the right bike on ebay finally. After a month of waiting for the transport company to ...

CB400F Build in Australia

Hi Everyone,

So here's my 1st post.. I found the right bike on ebay finally. After a month of waiting for the transport company to haul it down to me, I have it in my hands!! She's going to be a full-on, ground-up rebuild. The engine is seized (I think it might be due to the 500ml of water that fel) out of the sump)

I'm going to keep you posted as I go. I have pencilled in at least 2 years to do it. Ahh the joys of being single..

So i have photos but I have no idea how to post them?? Any help would be appreciated!!!

Cheers

Ronza

G'day mate, where in Godzone?

Water in the sump is never a good thing and does not portend well for a smooth journey, but you will know what's up when you start to pull it apart. Usual advice is get a bike that's running and get used to it and make it run sweet as a nut before tearing into it and losing parts and interest.

In this case, sounds like that's not an available option. Take lots of pictures and label everything. I have been pulling bikes apart for decades and even with a photographic memory, there's always some part I don't remember where it goes or where the heck it came from. Lots of bags, and boxes and lots of labels and photos.

To post pictures is easy but you need to have them hosted somewhere. Iff you have a web hosting account, then it's easy. If not, sign up for photobucket or flicker etc and simply link a post here to that site.

The code is simple. You simply click on the image code in Photobucket and click Control V to paste it here

For example "[IMG]* http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/...5/P7100015.jpg [/IMG]" generates this embedded picture

Links