GS550/650/750 Build
Close

GS550/650/750 Build

This is a discussion on GS550/650/750 Build within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Ok, so this is an actual commissioned build, so it will get done, before this coming summer. I'll be posting pics as I go, and ...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

GS550/650/750 Build

Ok, so this is an actual commissioned build, so it will get done, before this coming summer. I'll be posting pics as I go, and my plans and reasons for doing so, I expect nothing less than a lot of criticism!

intake port, should I do some porting on this head or will it breathe okay as is? My thoughts are the port looks good except maybe reducing the material around the valve guide and possibly shortening the guide after. Maybe rounding the transition from the port to the valve seat insert? The angle seemed sharp, I don't know how much that will affect flow.

bead blasted and painted the hubs, cb750 front, kz1000 rear, will be laced to excel shouldered 18 wm4's

turned down 2 of the 4 cb350 sleeves, took material off the flange and off the bottom

will be picking up a bridgeport I bought soon, have a narex boring head to go with it, will probably want a spindle mount runout gauge too, but with those, I think I can accurately bore the block to resleeve, I'll leave it to an engine shop to bore the sleeves 1mm over though

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

this is what you gotta do to get those damn jugs in that top end!

I had this really good engine guy do the block, which involved boring and honing the block to accept the 350 sleeves i machined a tad to work, then heat and drop the sleeves in, wait a few days for them to normalize, then bore the sleeves to .002" over the pistons (yeah, each one was a little different, so he compensated), then level the head, came out great, then when i talk to him and pick it up, he's telling me now that he's a wiseco dealer and can get almost any piston in any shape or size that i could ever want, sleeves too! now he tells me!! anyway, now I know, less work next time

oh yeah, I know about the crack caused by the chain losing it, and no, it doesn't extend anywhere that would cause leaking or structural issues.

Shweet. I used a dremel to get the 650 sleeves to fit.
    http://quiterandom.hubpages.com/hub/...sic-motorcycle How to buy a used bike
    http://quiterandom.hubpages.com/hub/...the-Cafe-Racer How to build a cafe racer

It's like a Machiavellian 4-volume trilogy based on Hamlet senza misura with an ego-maniacal downs syndrome kid reading from a Rube Goldeberg-esque kindle.

yeah, dremel would probably be okay for 650 sleeves but these were from a 350, i wanted the added meat because i didn't trust a wall thickness of 1.5mm in a hot engine going into a bike for a customer

Yub. Too much work to do with a dremel.
    http://quiterandom.hubpages.com/hub/...sic-motorcycle How to buy a used bike
    http://quiterandom.hubpages.com/hub/...the-Cafe-Racer How to build a cafe racer

It's like a Machiavellian 4-volume trilogy based on Hamlet senza misura with an ego-maniacal downs syndrome kid reading from a Rube Goldeberg-esque kindle.

I wonder if an admin can merge this thread with the gs550 performance one and the "removing valve guides" one... I keep trying to go back to find info given but it's a bitch because it's all over the place... who do I call?

I wonder if an admin can merge this thread with the gs550 performance one and the "removing valve guides" one... I keep trying to go back to find info given but it's a bitch because it's all over the place... who do I call?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links