Honda CG125 budget project
Close

This is a discussion on Honda CG125 budget project within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I'm new to the site so a big hi to all. First off, this little CG was never supposed to become anything more than a ...

I'm new to the site so a big hi to all.
    First off, this little CG was never supposed to become anything more than a commuter and a winter hack bike, but as i can't leave things alone this is how it is turning out. I bought this bike of a mate for £150 (about $240) in April, it had tax and MOT and i was as i said just going to run it into the ground as a daily run around.

So i thought i would cafe racer this little bike. I went for the cafe racer look because i really would like an old British bike but can't afford one and the cafe racer look is cool on nearly every bike??
    Well this is how it is turning out.

Every thing i have done myself on a really small budget so no power coating or professional polisher for this bike, but the result isn't to bad?
    First thing i striped the bike down and set about the frame and swing arm with an angle grinder to remove anything i no longer wanted, ie. brackets, pillion foot pegs, sub frame,etc.
    Made up some plates for seat base and under the hump. painted the frame by hand( came out really well no brush marks!)
    I put on a 80's CG tank, after market seat hump,Z50 head light, LED rear light, mini indicators and mini moto clip on handle bars.

She is not finished yet, i have a larger carb, megaphone exhaust and sort cables on order, be on the road just after Christmas but not finished!

Better get rearsets or it will be unrideable for any distance. I like the checkers, always have. Lots of guys here do not.

Some sort of inner rear fender would be good to keep crap out of the carb.

Have fun.

Dude, great job, really looks awesome and is no doubt a crap load of fun. Definitely going to get myself one to play around with and learn on, nice work
    Be yourself, unless you suck...

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

nice work ! back of the seat looks a bit weak, could do with a hoop welding in or seat base will break.what about a front mud guard in the same colour

quote:Originally posted by mike51

nice work ! back of the seat looks a bit weak, could do with a hoop welding in or seat base will break.what about a front mud guard in the same colour
    Hi i'm hoping the seat will be ok as its made from 5mm hardened steel but we shall wait and see. As for the front mud guard i was thinking an early CG chrome one? I was going for a Hondas rc162 sort of look.

[quote]Originally posted by JackC

Better get rearsets or it will be unrideable for any distance. I like the checkers, always have. Lots of guys here do not.

Some sort of inner rear fender would be good to keep crap out of the carb.

Have fun.
    [/quote
    I have plans to make some rear set with some honda fireblade pegs and pedals with custom hangers. And rear fender maybe a piece of clear perspex don't want to clutter it up. Theres still loads to do and i think i could be working on bike for quite some time, maybe a Aprilia RS125 front end?

quote:Originally posted by mike51

Why do you think it would break? The whole seat pad that he sits on is supported by frame work and with a 5mm seat pan I don't see any issue at all with his set up.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

Sponsored Links