1970 suzuki T500 cafe bike...
Close

This is a discussion on 1970 suzuki T500 cafe bike... within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; here is my titan got it running and next is for me to sort out the lights, seat and exhaust. what i'm going for is ...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: 1970 suzuki T500 cafe bike...

Name:  IMAG0271.jpg
Views: 4986
Size:  1.42 MB
    here is my titan got it running and next is for me to sort out the lights, seat and exhaust. what i'm going for is a cafe bike but i eventually want to make it into a replica racer. any advice on anything with this bike would be greatly apretiated. I'm currently looking for a shop manual pdf file and a parts pdf i can install on my computer for reference.

thanks for your time.

Cool bike. Check the brake hubs for cracks....like right now...known problem. Pull the hub and check them internally.

I've been to North Dakota, you better sort out some air filters next.
    and fenders, highly recommend fenders for riding in the rain you get out there on occasion.

T500 is an awesome beast with scary brakes and minimal suspension, good luck and don't hurt yourself on that thing.

… make that scary wheels instead of brakes :|
    s10hornet likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

btw: I think your handlebars are on upside down :|

Quote Originally Posted by shmave20 View Post
    ... I'm currently looking for a shop manual pdf file and a parts pdf i can install on my computer for reference.

thanks for your time.
    :/ don't they teach google in school ? -> http://file.walagata.com/w/sundialmo...SuzukiT500.pdf

From the same site as the factory tuning specs Trials posted, all the race prep you'll ever need:

Suzuki 500 race preparation

Parts books are here:

Muzza's awesome bike photogallery pictures photos photographs of motorcycles motorbikes motorcyclists classic and vintage* and other phenomena also Classic Suzuki Two Strokes

service manual in PDF form is here:

http://file.walagata.com/w/sundialmotos ... kiT500.pdf

KEY POINTS:

You can't run a T500 on premix unless you drill the cases so keep the oil pump. Use a good 2 stroke injector oil and it will barely smoke unless your crank seals are on their way out.

Make sure you have 1200cc's of good gearbox oil in the crankcase. Eventually you will want to do the oil level modification detailed on Muzza tech page.

Front forks are a spindly 34mm - get the fender or a at least the fender brace back on there. Paint it black if you have to. One good option is to find a GT500 front end - it bolts straight up, has 35mm forks, and a disc brake.

Don't lower the back end - in fact step up to some 13" rear shocks - good ones. Progressive or Hagon at the very least - you lower the back or raise the front and handling gets dangerous at highway speeds.

Do a pressure test on the crankcase. I've detailed the process on here not that long ago and you can cobble together a test rig for under $30 to figure out if your crank seals need replacing.

Titan Performance, Swarbrick Racing Exhausts, and Jemco racing all make chambers for your bike. Titan Perf makes pretty stainless ones for street use, Swarbricks are weld em yourself racing pipes, and Jemco makes both racing and street versions that are ready to bolt on.

That tank is a one year only tank. If you plan on cutting it up, let me know and I will trade you a same shape later tank that does not have the cover and the lugs for the parcel rack that bolts on top. If you want to keep it as is, I can give you the contact details of a guy in the UK that makes replica tank racks that bolt on.
    TrialsRider and Fk5 like this.

lol look at all the free swag we loaded him up with and it only took 1 post, that's gotta be a record,
    and It's only going to take him 6 years and 10 grand to implement the appropriate changes and get it on the road.

Damn we're good :|

You left out the part where the bike is one gigantic pile of what not to do in its current form.
    Farmer_John, s10hornet and drgonzo like this.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    You left out the part where the bike is one gigantic pile of what not to do in its current form.
    But it's potential is yet unrealized, as the owner has just started to make it his own. He just should put all the shit he took off back on and start down the positive path...
    s10hornet likes this.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links