CB77 Project - Page 2
Close

CB77 Project

This is a discussion on CB77 Project within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by DohcBikes Don't fucking speak for me you pompus fuck. You have no fucking clue what I have experience with. I am not ...

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: CB77 Project

Quote Originally Posted by DohcBikes View Post
    Don't fucking speak for me you pompus fuck. You have no fucking clue what I have experience with.
    I am not speaking for you, I am speaking about you. Of course, it has already been well established here that reading for comprehension is well outside of your skill set. As far as your experience with roadrace bikes and roadracing, the only information we have is your silence. Perhaps that speaks for itself, especially given your willingness to boast about your skills and expertise in all other aspects of motorcycling.
    monkey and Geeto67 like this.
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex (Bye Tex)hate me!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirkchecken View Post
    sorry about it being a few days late, thank you for your service
    don't worry about it, just a job that funds the addiction
    I thought that a cafe racer was a custom that you could do whatever you wanted and there is no right or wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by CaTacL1sm View Post
    don't worry about it, just a job that funds the addiction
    Thank you.

Golden Corral free buffet the 14th for veterans......a couple of days late but we'll worth it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    Thank you.

Golden Corral free buffet the 14th for veterans......a couple of days late but we'll worth it.
    I avoid going on veterans day. It's a shit show out even at small bases like knox
    I thought that a cafe racer was a custom that you could do whatever you wanted and there is no right or wrong.

Don't fucking speak for me you pompus fuck. You have no fucking clue what I have experience with.
    It certainly doesn't seem to be people, eh?
    pwalo and BigAl8295 like this.

I was looking at the notes related to removal of the starter and then I remembered that the crank is cross drilled to allow some oil to lubricate the starter clutch. When the starter and alternator are thrown away, we block off that oil feed in the crank.

If you look carefully at the crank nose, you should see a small hole - 1.5 - 2.0mm or so and it is probably blocked off with JB weld or brass rod. I used to used a stock carb needle, they have a very shallow taper and jam in there nice and tight and never fall out. You will need to clean out whatever is in that crank end to allow some oil to lube the starter

Then again, for a bike that isn't expected to be started up multiple times per day on the street, maybe it's not strictly necessary. I happen to hate points and would fit an electronic ignition as a first step on any bike now, when I raced, I used stock OEM points with a second spring as per Pops suggestions. Damn points worked fine up to 12,000 or more, by which time, other issues were more pressing. For a race only bike, I'd fit a Dyna on the crank but for the street it's nice to have an auto advance.

If you ever want to see what a perfect CB77 race bike could look like, check out Jerry Kooistra. His bikes are immaculate and innovative. Oh, and very fast.

Before I forget, take your time to examine that transmission. They are a little fragile when you push them hard and you will need a new primary chain - which is an odd ball size. They also break side plates when power gets high enough.

If you ever get a valve lift plot, I'd be interested to compare it to other cams I have tried over the years. I used to calculate valve acceleration rates and jerk (Rate of change in acceleration) and IIRC, the Norris SS was the most harsh. Fast but it ate valves and rockers. H&C did a couple of cams and their aluminum roller rockers were the bees knees - or so I am told.
    Last edited by Teazer; 11-14-2016 at 12:01 AM.
    pwalo likes this.

Back in the early 80's when I built my first CB350 race bike I had a Norris cam in it. I ran the stock points and they floated at about 11K RPM which seemed like a reasonable rev limit to me. I had some valve springs with alloy retainers that fractured and when I went back to the heavy steel retainers the valves floated at about the same time as the points. All in all it seemed like a good combination for keeping a top end together.
    monkey likes this.
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex (Bye Tex)hate me!!

That right, he doesn't. Probably because you don't post anything of substance.

Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    Thank you.

Is that really a reward for service?

Man...

I wouldn't change that bike. Race it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BigAl8295 likes this.
    latered

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links