A Honda CG125 for wifey - Page 2
Close

A Honda CG125 for wifey

This is a discussion on A Honda CG125 for wifey within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by 540nova If you're like the rest of us, pretty much EVERYTHING you own was made in China, whether you realize it or ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: A Honda CG125 for wifey

Quote Originally Posted by 540nova View Post
    If you're like the rest of us, pretty much EVERYTHING you own was made in China, whether you realize it or not. I guess that means you have a house full of junk.
    Sent from his iPhone that was designed in the USA and produced in China.

I have some really high quality stuff in my house, it was all made in the early 1900's, the rest of my stuff is mostly junk.
    thechief86 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DohcBikes View Post
    You are speculating. I am speaking from experience.
    My son-in-law bought a nice little portable generator that was made in China, only used once, I bet he'd sell it to you for a song. If you can find a battery that is worth a shite maybe you could build a nice reliable hybrid motorcycle around it. You can wire it up with strings of christmas lights that no longer work, I'll give you a sh*t load of those for free. Although, I am just speculating that all that stuff is cheap scrap but then again if you care to buy it up for a whole bunch of money I'll be happy to tell you it is quality product.

I suggest posting pictures of her sitting on it so we can get a feel for the ergonomics and make suggestions for modification.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I'm disappointed you're not throwing a GSXR front end on it.
    wolfeman28 and thechief86 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hillsy View Post
    I'm disappointed you're not throwing a GSXR front end on it.
    tbh so am I.

I have a pair of 675 street triple forks that might fit. I'm thinking vintage santa cruz for the seat because I want a more retro line than the more modern freestyle boards of the 80's that the hipsters tend to favour.

I might go all the way with this one and cafe the fuck outta it.

Talkie talkie

I wanna see this 125 do a 12.5 sec 1/4 mile, I'll paint my arse purple lol.
    DohcBikes likes this.
    It ain't easy bein' fat and greasy.

That is a sweet little bike, I wish tiny bikes were more common, we only get cvt scooters here, which aren't as fun as a small bike with a proper gearbox.
    It ain't easy bein' fat and greasy.

I'm looking forward to getting her back into gearboxes. The last one was an Aprillia mojito (which I used to love riding in the pisspot and flying goggles (nothing sexual) btw)

I've knocked it out of the park as far as christmas is concerned.... She wanted a crafting bean bag tray arrangement and I've made one, A2, self healing cut mat, Betty chose the fabric, win. She also wanted a sewing machine what for making her own garmintry and fastening bits of cloth together.... Got one of them too... and not one of the shit ones out of the Argos catalogue. This mofo is straight outta a 1970's sweatshop. The motor is a 25kg whopper and has a lovely great big mechanical clutch arangement. I'm happy with wifey owning pieces of technology that give her pleasure and I'm all the more happy tuning and lubricating her special ones with all the reciprocating parts......

This little CG is just a sugar icing on xmas..... Betty gets a motorbike (If i finish it in the 2.5 days left till xmas) wifey gets a sewing machine and a motorbike (she's busy with the sewing machine right...) and I get to build wifeys motorbike into something that she can get along with and I can look hip as fuck and dust everything around town with......

As far as 12.5 second quarters go. It's a 2 valve, air cooled 125..... There is no amount of cheating within the rules that can......... hang on a minute...... It only has to do it once right????

My favourite purple is Yorkshire Lavender.
    thechief86 and 540nova like this.

13hp buys you a 0-60 of about 14.5 seconds..... I don't know how far that takes in terms of miles and the fractions of them but I think I might have seen faster paint dry at the drag strip...

How fast paint drys is going to factor heavily at the end because I would like at least two even coats, with adequate drying time between, to ensure the maximum vibracitalitaly, when the camera slices off that piece of forever......
    Last edited by pwalo; 12-22-2016 at 04:09 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links