A Honda CG125 for wifey
Close

A Honda CG125 for wifey

This is a discussion on A Honda CG125 for wifey within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; A free bike just fell into my lap. Technically free bikes are the most expensive ones so I bunged him £20 to get a chinese ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: A Honda CG125 for wifey

A Honda CG125 for wifey

A free bike just fell into my lap. Technically free bikes are the most expensive ones so I bunged him £20 to get a chinese and a bottle of wine which means that this is not a free bike so it won't be as expensive in the long run....

It was stolen about a fortnight ago and was recovered at the weekend. It's had a hard couple of weeks... 400 miles of abuse and a hefty front end whack. A bump start got her going in two revolutions of the motor and it ran sweet as a honda 125 which shows that these little guys will take a licking and keep on ticking.

Seems wifey and Betty are getting a motorbike for christmas. This one will be left till the new year but will go on to live again. Wifey is chuffed as she sold her 125 5 years ago, when we had Betty, so we had a family car.

Name:  20161219_130339.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  2.31 MBName:  20161219_130355.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  2.36 MB

This year has turned out nice in terms of being able to give my two favourite females a motorbike for christmas, for under £100 (so far but the minimoto is already tugging at my wallet).
    K9Swine, knappyfeet and thechief86 like this.
    If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Check the frame for cracked powdercoat. Check the engine mounts for hairline cracks. Throw the triples away.

USD pitbike frontends are easy to adapt to these bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by DohcBikes View Post
    Check the frame for cracked powdercoat. Check the engine mounts for hairline cracks. Throw the triples away.

USD pitbike frontends are easy to adapt to these bikes.
    Done, will be done and most definitely will be done. Bottom yoke is visibly bannanered and the top one has crazing and flaking in the coating. After an initial inspection and a good jetwash (particularly heavily around the headstock for obvious purposes) there is no evidence of flaking, cracking or even stress in the coating finish around the headstock which is a good sign but I will further inspect and measure when the bike comes to bits.

Shame I sold my fastace xrosin usd pit bike front end the other year, cheap (£40), to a mate (which makes it better).

Thanks for the heads up though on the forks. I hadn't gone down that track of thought.

I have some nice alloy 17 inch rims off a 50cc supermoto and, seeing as the wheels need replacing or rebuilding, I think I've just found a home for them....
    DohcBikes likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Don't be afraid to use quality chinese parts, that thing is built in thailand anyway. As you probably know, it's like anything else, good and bad products come from everywhere. I know nearly everyone in the U.S. referred to honda as "Jap Crap" for decades, and now they own the industry.

That bkie with a USD front and a 200cc engine can be every bit as fun as any sport bike.

CRF50 monoshock extended swingarms are fit real well too.

With your pitbike experience, very much looking forward to this.

I think i might have been one of the first to come up with the pitbike parts swaps on these small bikes. Everybody was still looking towards full size bikes for parts, they just arent the right scale. Hopped up pit bike parts, such as the alloys you mentioned, can turn that into soething very very cool.

Found 'em, right where I left 'em. Now I know why I kept 'em... Nice spanish alloy rims tucked away under a bench. A quick, rough measure, from centreline to sprocket, shows the rear is close enough for the girl I go out with, and with my new thoughts on the front (cheers D) I can run a disc on a pitbike front (initial thoughts were to use a tzr/nsr or similar rwu disc front end or just go standard and lace the alloy rims to the drums) to get the best bang for buck.

Name:  20161219_143943.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  1.70 MB

A month ago I was kicking myself about mis-ordering a nice grippy continental rear. Glad I didn't send it back. I have a home for it.

For a 90's 125 commuter that has just been abducted, abused and abandoned; this bike really has put a nice little spark up my arse.

Get ready for a wicked little brappy, 4-stroke commuter for our lass. (Which I kinda can't wait to have a go on.... ssshhhhhh!!!!)

Just noticed Betty's rear wheel photobombing the top of shot whilst I was busy at the bottom trying not to snap my toes in their inappropriate footwear.... Awwwww Mother and daughter's wheels at Christmas..... I'm choking up....
    Last edited by pwalo; 12-19-2016 at 09:10 AM.
    thechief86 likes this.

"quality chinese parts" that's a oxymoron
    and made in China does not made in Thailand make.

China makes a hell of a nice pair of chop-sticks, state of the art fireworks, awesome tung nut oil, some really fine silk products and lots & lots of people. Quality products made in China are designed some place else and produced there largely by foreign interests because they can pollute the hell out of that countries landscape and walk away from it.

In China - the word 'Luck' and the word 'Money' are pretty much synonymous.

... & I might be all wrong on this, but I heard it from a Chinaman.

You are speculating. I am speaking from experience.

Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    "quality chinese parts" that's a [COLOR=#111111]oxymoron

China makes a hell of a nice pair of chop-sticks, state of the art fireworks, awesome tung nut oil, some really fine silk products and lots & lots of people. Quality products made in China are designed some place else and produced there largely by foreign interests because they can pollute the hell out of that countries landscape and walk away from it.
    Hmmmmm too many oxymorons..... right there....

I'm fitting a pair of chopsticks to the Sprint (too lazy to link the thread) and although happy with material and fit (finish was a bit scabby) I'm gonna drill and pin them in their final position because they ain't fuckin wanderin on my watch...
    TrialsRider likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    "quality chinese parts" that's a oxymoron
    and made in China does not made in Thailand make.

In China - the word 'Luck' and the word 'Money' are pretty much synonymous.

... & I might be all wrong on this, but I heard it from a Chinaman.
    If you're like the rest of us, pretty much EVERYTHING you own was made in China, whether you realize it or not. I guess that means you have a house full of junk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TrialsRider and DohcBikes like this.

Once everything is ironed out and running.......

A nice kawasaki green finish on the plastics will be nice for mother and daughter.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links