Close

81 CB650 Pilot jet question! Please help!

This is a discussion on 81 CB650 Pilot jet question! Please help! within the Technical forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; so my bike only runs with the choke on, i took the carbs apart and with compressed air it doesnt seem to pass through the ...

Unhappy 81 CB650 Pilot jet question! Please help!

so my bike only runs with the choke on, i took the carbs apart and with compressed air it doesnt seem to pass through the pilot jets? it is like this on all the carbs. im kind of new at this so maybe im doing something wrong but air passes through the main jets freely, not the pilots. air should pass through these i believe. any ideas? they are pressed in so i cant remove to clean. any info helps. thank you!

Seems like it would take large huevos to join a forum and immediately demand help. Maybe it's normal and I'm an old fart. Probably.

There was no demand. He merely asked for help. Takes no huevos at all to do anything on the internet. You're right, you must be old.

I may be old, but I got to see all the really good bands.
    I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

I think those pressed in jets are removable. Not easily but it can be done.
    http://www.scramblercycle.com

there pressed in. some tap them than pull them out. you may get the thru passage unblocked (fine wire)but there are 6-8 "frothing" holes on the sides of the jets that you wont get unplugged. I went thru your pain. give up on the 81's right now before you spend more time or money. get a 82 set. they have screw in idle jets. the main jets are smaller 118 - 120. so take the 120's out of the 81 and put them in the 82,s. check ebay. you may find a set in the $100-150 range. clean them good. then clean them again .keep the stock airbox. if that's not on. put on a good quality air filters. no cheap pods. the 4-2 k and n's work good. theres a OHC Honda forum. also a 650 one too. very helpful. Honda : CB | eBay
    Last edited by dirkchecken; 04-07-2013 at 08:35 PM.
    its cross season buddy,.. no "café racers" just trying to get more performance from these classic m/c's.. 76 suzuki gt/tr rep vin 3 race bike USCRA # 297,.. FrameCrafters/Seeley framed H1 500 race/project. 82 Suzuki gs550m katana, 75 S3 400 kawasaki, 70 kawasaki a7 350 avenger.... name is tom

Quote Originally Posted by gs1327 View Post
    Seems like it would take large huevos to join a forum and immediately demand help. Maybe it's normal and I'm an old fart. Probably.
    If you have no positive comments or helpful information don't bother posting. maybe im young but that's what a respectful old fart should do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlife_Louie View Post
    If you have no positive comments or helpful information don't bother posting. maybe im young but that's what a respectful old fart should do.
    Now there's heuvos.
    I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
    There was no demand. He merely asked for help. Takes no huevos at all to do anything on the internet. You're right, you must be old.

I may be old, but I got to see all the really good bands.
    lol... awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlife_Louie View Post
    If you have no positive comments or helpful information don't bother posting.
    read that again. To yourself.

This ain't no helpdesk for dummies. Sure people help (and know a shit ton - as this thread alone has proven) but when you ask like the entitled bitch you are you can rest assured the the amount of help you will get will directly reflect your attitude.

So tone it down a notch. Act like you were in a room with real people and it will work out much better.
    -

Links