CB350 factory temp gauge? - Page 2
Close

CB350 factory temp gauge?

This is a discussion on CB350 factory temp gauge? within the Technical forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Stainless Steel Bimetal Thermometer Oven Temperature Gauge Photo, Detailed about Stainless Steel Bimetal Thermometer Oven Temperature Gauge Picture on Alibaba.com. "Any mob called "Ningbo GC ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: CB350 factory temp gauge?

Stainless Steel Bimetal Thermometer Oven Temperature Gauge Photo, Detailed about Stainless Steel Bimetal Thermometer Oven Temperature Gauge Picture on Alibaba.com.

"Any mob called "Ningbo GC Bob Instrument company", deserves your money.

Maybe Ningbo's, Fat Bob's Chinese brother?

Danger, is my business.

Well, i'm back on this kick again...
    Does anyone have a picture of what the gauge looks like? Face/graphics/max temp wise?

Quote Originally Posted by RacerRex View Post
    Well, i'm back on this kick again...
    Does anyone have a picture of what the gauge looks like? Face/graphics/max temp wise?
    Google is your friend:

Name:  82658d1469180997-cb350-head-mounted-temperature-gauge-temp_meter.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  111.6 KB

you may want to check with a gauge mfg like stewart warner, they used to have inductive gauges for aircooled engines, and although they are discontinued they might still have a line on inventory:
    NOS STEWART WARNER CORVAIR or HARLEY DAVIDSON 2 1/16" CYLINDER HEAD TEMP GAUGE

VDO I think still makes them for boats, as does Autometer and some other gauge companies.

Also check Aircooled Porsche and VW groups, Corvair Groups, Harley groups, aircraft and boat groups because they all use aircooled engines and would have a line on cyl head temp gauges. All you need is something to fit the hole (so measure the diameter), I think most of them are 2 and 1/16 inches.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I have one that I can put up a pic later. It's in good condition too

Here it isName:  IMAG0626.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  3.25 MB
    CaTacL1sm, drgonzo and RacerRex like this.

Awesome. Thanks All.
    I've been searching on ebay for a generic one but all i can find are probe type. Ill have to look at that manufacture and groups you mentioned Geeto67.
    Good pic btw scramblermike, thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Also, what normal running temp for these?

Quote Originally Posted by RacerRex View Post
    Awesome. Thanks All.
    I've been searching on ebay for a generic one but all i can find are probe type. Ill have to look at that manufacture and groups you mentioned Geeto67.
    Good pic btw scramblermike, thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Also, what normal running temp for these?
    Well Obviously above 400 is redline, LOL.

Most aircooled engines run in the 230-270 range. After 270 oil begins to break down, after 300 degrees it isn't really lubricating anymore.

Oil temp is a better measure of temp in an aircooled engine. why? because oil is the critical component affected by heat and the thing you are monitoring for. Cylinder head temp can be misleading because a cylinder head is at the top of the engine and is usually the first thing to cool. In a water cooled scenario, this would be like having your temp gauge sensor in the radiator instead of in the block - by the time the radiator is seeing too hot water the block is already overheated. So why do aircooled engines monitor cyl head temp? a couple of reasons: 1) being that the cam bearings are the first to go during an overheat because they are smaller and the cam is turning faster than the crank, 2) because the head is the regulator for temp in the engine so rate of change is still a useful factor to monitor, 3) it is better than nothing.

Personally I think it would be fun to find an oil temp gauge and mount it in that mount and plumb it into an oil line so you get a more accurate/useful reading than cyl head temp. Or even better, get both and reference them against each other. I think you would get really interesting data to play with if you were watching the differential between the two, esp if you ran an oil cooler.
    conghos likes this.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links