Cafe Racer Forum banner

seat pan upholstery

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  bcr 
#1 ·
Anyone have any good recs for getting my seat pan upholstered? Materials, instruction, anything... I have learned to consult with the list before i try messing something up and wasting money.

Thanks all!

#6 ·
these two seats cost me about $140 each to upholster. I pay more for a local guy that gets them done in 2 days usually.

I take him the painted pan and give him an idea of what i'm looking for and then i get a call in 2-3 days sayings he's done.
is there cheaper people to use? sure. Would i try someone else over this guy? no.

This one here i just bought some vinyl and some 1/2" foam and wrapped it around some thin particle board and stapled the thing from the bottom. $15 investment, but it shows.

#7 ·
these two seats cost me about $140 each to upholster. I pay more for a local guy that gets them done in 2 days usually.

I take him the painted pan and give him an idea of what i'm looking for and then i get a call in 2-3 days sayings he's done.
is there cheaper people to use? sure. Would i try someone else over this guy? no.

This one here i just bought some vinyl and some 1/2" foam and wrapped it around some thin particle board and stapled the thing from the bottom. $15 investment, but it shows.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.