AHRMA 2017 RoadRace Schedule
Close

This is a discussion on AHRMA 2017 RoadRace Schedule within the Vintage Motorcycle Racing forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; The complete schedule for the 10-event, 20-race 2017 AHRMA National Historic Cup Roadrace Series is now confirmed. 2/24-26 Roebling Road Raceway; Bloomingdale, GA* 3/31-4/2 Carolina ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Geeto67

Thread: AHRMA 2017 RoadRace Schedule

The complete schedule for the 10-event, 20-race 2017 AHRMA National Historic Cup Roadrace Series is now confirmed.
    2/24-26 Roebling Road Raceway; Bloomingdale, GA*
    3/31-4/2 Carolina Motorsports Park; Kershaw, SC*
    4/21-23 Willow Springs International Raceway; Rosamond, CA*
    4/27-28 Sonoma Raceway; Sonoma, CA
    6/2-4 Gingerman Raceway; South Haven, MI*
    6/9-11 Road America; Elkhart Lake, WI**
    7/14-16 New Jersey Motorsports Park; Millville, NJ*
    9/1-3 Utah Motorsports Campus; Tooele, UT*
    9/8-10 Talladega Gran Prix Raceway; Munford, AL*
    10/5-8 Barber Motorsports Park; Birmingham, AL***
    *AHRMA-run practice day and Fast & Safe Roadracing School on Friday
    **Track-run practice day and Fast & Safe Roadracing School on Friday
    ***Mandatory practice days Thursday and Friday; no school

- - - Updated - - -

Notice: NO DAYTONA!

(El Suck-O)
    GrandPaul
    Author, \"Old Bikes\"

I've been doing trackdays for several years now and have raced some as well. Very interested in getting into vintage racing but am having difficulty finding info on how to get started beyond the AHRMA rule book.
    I'd like to get into a class that doesn't require spending a ton and allows for a reliable bike. (I'm interested a lot more in vintage RACING than vintage MECHANICING) Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by DonD49 View Post
    I've been doing trackdays for several years now and have raced some as well. Very interested in getting into vintage racing but am having difficulty finding info on how to get started beyond the AHRMA rule book.
    I'd like to get into a class that doesn't require spending a ton and allows for a reliable bike. (I'm interested a lot more in vintage RACING than vintage MECHANICING) Any suggestions?
    The guys on Facebook's "AHRMA - Vintage Road Racing" group are pretty helpful.

Where are you?

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Unless you think you can be seriously competitive, I'd start with Production class. If you weigh less than 140 or so, maybe go lightweight - the bike should match the rider.

Sportsman classes are next cheapest.

All else starts to get into semi-pro competitors out for blood. (not that there's anything wrong with that...)

You can MAYBE get into a NextGen or Superbike class relatively inexpensively, especially if you happen to have an "old" sport/super bike...
    GrandPaul
    Author, \"Old Bikes\"

I built a competitive Production Heavyweight bike from a $200 swap meet XS650. Relatively cheap and fast. Like any racing class, regardless of rules you can spend as much money as you want.

Honda CB350. AHRMA, WERA, and USCRA all have classes where they are competetive and in some cases the only bike in the class. CB350 race bikes are not hard to find already setup either.
    drgonzo likes this.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

Back in the day, rotary valved 2-stroke singles were allowed to compete against smaller displacement multi's so bikes like the Kawasaki 350cc Bighorn provided a very inexpensive and competitive platform for what would now be a vintage racer You can't get much cheaper then an old 2-stroke dirt bike that has little practical use in this century. If I was wanting to get into vintage amateur track racing that is what I would be shopping for.
    Next step is to obtain a racing license and then seek out your local club and turn out to an event to participate. If you want to spend all your time racing and not wrenching, you are going to need a sponsor and a mechanic and good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpaul View Post
    The complete schedule for the 10-event, 20-race 2017 AHRMA National Historic Cup Roadrace Series is now confirmed.
    7/14-16 New Jersey Motorsports Park; Millville, NJ*
    Mid-Ohio is slated for 7/7-7/9 so finally AHRMA and WERA are not the same weekend. hoping for the return of big grids at Mid-o
    Last edited by Geeto67; 01-03-2017 at 10:36 AM.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    Mid-Ohio is slated for 7/7-7/9 so finally AHRMA and WERA are not the same weekend. hoping for the return of big grids at Mid-o
    At least it's a step in the right direction...
    GrandPaul
    Author, \"Old Bikes\"

Sponsored Links