3 bikes for sale
Close

3 bikes for sale

This is a discussion on 3 bikes for sale within the Bikes For Sale forums, part of the Classifieds category; I traded that Grant Van Tech S90 project bike I had mocked up. I was putting that together for my 11 year old girl, Evie, ...

3 bikes for sale

I traded that Grant Van Tech S90 project bike I had mocked up. I was putting that together for my 11 year old girl, Evie, but then she starting sending signals that she wasn't interested in learning to ride it so I lost interest in the project and it just sat. I put it in the local Want Ad digest and this guy was the only call I got on it and he wanted to know if I'd trade. Sure! The Ducati will go to Pete Talabach's as it has set up from sitting. I'll have him pull the top end off, check the rod, and if all is well I'll have him give the once over so it'll be right to start with. I'll take some pics and post them. It's kind of a neat little rat, and I like rats. It looks like a TT dirt racebike from back in the day. I'll either leave it, as is, or maybe put a set of lights on it and use it in the Motogiro and let my brother or someone ride the B'stone I have used for the past two giro's. I'd need to get like $1800 for it to sell it, as that's about what I had in the Van Tech bike. I know if I fixed it up and got it running well, it'd be worth all of that and probably more. I'm done racing, but this bike would be an easy conversion to a road racer.

Hey, anybody interested in building an H1 roadracer or cafe bike? As I've stated before I have a ton of parts, a set of pipes, a good roller, two good engines (one of them hot), and I'll throw in a nice Dunstall tank and a Cosmo roadrace seat for $1000.

I also have a Yami Big Bear Scrambler with an engine with a fresh top end, plus a spare engine, that would do well in 350GP and be eligible for the Pre-68' (?) class. I'd take $650 for that one.

518 674 4045

Dgy

dgy, my mouth is watering over a big 2 smoke. i want one sooo bad for the street. wish i had the time to put it together.

jc

I'll consider trades(?) The H1 deal has good engines, that'll save time. For a good street bike or racer, the frames should be braced with two steel V's behind the T shaped brace that comes down from the head stock. You could brace up the swingarm also. Aside from that, it'd be an easy go to put one together. I suppose if nobody wants it, it'll end up on the bench and I'll do the work.

Right now I'm buckling down on my 500 Triumph bobber. I just ordered a sparkle solo saddle for it. I've got the wheels done, the tires are mounted (big fat whitewall in the back), the front end is on and we are now in mock-up stage. Next week I'll drop the engine in, we'll bore the cylinder for the Mondial slipper pistons I scored on Ebay, then I can put the head on and figure out where the sidepipes will need to have rear mounts welded in for them. Then I also do the mounts for the oil tank, the battery box, the coil, and then rip it back down to send the frame out to be sand blasted and start the paint on the Trackmaster gas tank, the fender, and the oil tank. I'm going with a flat silver for a B29 look (maybe some nose art?). The frame and wheels are in black semi-gloss and the sparkle saddle is charcoal. Probably will use drag bars. I'm hoping for a sweet one here.

Regards and Happy Racing this weekend.

Dgy

PS Oh, I just heard back from Jessica Prokup, the editor of Roadbike mag'. I gave her the Smiths for a followup on the giro story they did back in September. I guess the interview and pics came out great. I thought the Smiths were perfect as they're all-in when it comes to bikes and Frank and Kerry both have done the giro, plus the machines they ride represent both ends of the spectrum, a Honda CB160 and a Parilla 175. I'm writing a piece about machine purchase and preperation for the event that I hope to get in alongside Jessica's article about the Smiths.

Sponsored Links