1982 VF 750 S V45 Sabre - Project Bike
Close

This is a discussion on 1982 VF 750 S V45 Sabre - Project Bike within the Bikes For Sale forums, part of the Classifieds category; This bike is a 1982 VF 750 S V45 Sabre, which is approx. 90% complete. Also included (if desired) is a 1983 parts bike (not ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By DesmoDog

Thread: 1982 VF 750 S V45 Sabre - Project Bike

This bike is a 1982 VF 750 S V45 Sabre, which is approx. 90% complete. Also included (if desired) is a 1983 parts bike (not shown, same model) which will not complete the '82, but has a few parts that have been taken over. Also included are several spare parts, such as lights, unpainted gas tank, electrical mapping, manual. This is a great project bike with a working speedometer cluster (which is difficult to find!) and will not take too much work to complete. I have had it examined by Esoteric Cycles in South SF, and they say all that is left is some specific electrical work and taking out a minor crimp in the cooling pipe.

Unfortunately I don't have the time I thought I'd have to work on it, I'm also moving soon, so although the 750 is close I need to offload a bunch of items. I have the the clean title and latest registration paperwork (which is from a few years ago).

The bikes are currently in a shop in South San Francisco, we can arrange for pick-up or delivery to the city or South Bay. I'm asking $400.

What she was going to look like: http://cl.ly/102r3G0Y233O
    1982 VF 750 S V45 Sabre specs and photos: 1982 Honda VF 750 S V45 Sabre specifications and pictures

Name:  750.jpg
Views: 25893
Size:  93.3 KBName:  gauge-cluster.jpg
Views: 6539
Size:  71.6 KBName:  parts.JPG
Views: 3757
Size:  90.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by nicholasswanson View Post
    This bike is a 1982 VF 750 S V45 Sabre, which is approx. 90% complete. Also included (if desired) is a 1983 parts bike (not shown, same model) which will not complete the '82, but has a few parts that have been taken over. Also included are several spare parts, such as lights, unpainted gas tank, electrical mapping, manual. This is a great project bike with a working speedometer cluster (which is difficult to find!) and will not take too much work to complete. I have had it examined by Esoteric Cycles in South SF, and they say all that is left is some specific electrical work and taking out a minor crimp in the cooling pipe.

Unfortunately I don't have the time I thought I'd have to work on it, I'm also moving soon, so although the 750 is close I need to offload a bunch of items. I have the the clean title and latest registration paperwork (which is from a few years ago).

The bikes are currently in a shop in South San Francisco, we can arrange for pick-up or delivery to the city or South Bay. I'm asking $400.

What she was going to look like: http://cl.ly/102r3G0Y233O
    1982 VF 750 S V45 Sabre specs and photos: 1982 Honda VF 750 S V45 Sabre specifications and pictures

Name:  750.jpg
Views: 25893
Size:  93.3 KBName:  gauge-cluster.jpg
Views: 6539
Size:  71.6 KBName:  parts.JPG
Views: 3757
Size:  90.3 KB
    Do you still have the gas tank and the speedometer and headlights and can you sell them to me? Sorry im not quite sure how to use this websitw

Use the website?
    how about learn how to read dates!
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar View Post
    Use the website?
    how about learn how to read dates!
    Jag, please! Be fair. He said he doesn't know how to use the website, did it even occur to you that perhaps it took him over two years to post that reply?

Seriously dude, think before you post. Sheesh...
    Geeto67 and jaguar like this.
    -Craig
    The Mighty Monza Jr. Thread: https://www.caferacer.net/forum/proje...r-project.html

To be honest I don't even think its unfair to ask some of us if we still have a project bike lingering two years after a for sale ad anyway.
    Bike:
    Buell X1
    Honda S90 (box of parts)
    Honda CB750C (runs)
    The Others (mostly rolling wounded)

My collar may be a little frayed, and maybe I need a shoeshine. But nobody\'s got a mortgage on my soul. I own it. Free and clear. -Phil Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by raven View Post
    To be honest I don't even think its unfair to ask some of us if we still have a project bike lingering two years after a for sale ad anyway.
    One of us? sure.
    But the one post wonder if a sabre project?
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

They are just ghosts in the shell man.
    Bike:
    Buell X1
    Honda S90 (box of parts)
    Honda CB750C (runs)
    The Others (mostly rolling wounded)

My collar may be a little frayed, and maybe I need a shoeshine. But nobody\'s got a mortgage on my soul. I own it. Free and clear. -Phil Lovecraft

At least the asking price was not crazy.
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Sponsored Links