99 Ducati monster 750 cafe racer cafe fighter
Close

This is a discussion on 99 Ducati monster 750 cafe racer cafe fighter within the Bikes For Sale forums, part of the Classifieds category; I'd like to sell my modified 1999 ducati 750 monster.It was the last year monster which came with a great but simple carburetor. From the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'd like to sell my modified 1999 ducati 750 monster.It was the last year monster which came with a great but simple carburetor. From the following year ducati introduced the injection type of fuelling system .
    I bought the bike to convert it to a unique one of a kind café fighter . The build took me almost a good year ,now the bike is 96% ready and its road safe. Around a month ago I've been involved in a motorcycle accident (deer incident) . After an arm surgery and few weeks of rest I can list my bike to sell and make some money to fix my damaged one for a next season .
    The bike has original 50xx miles (I can prove it with oem cluster) but now it has a brand new digital gauge with around 5-10 miles around my community .
    It is not a pro built bike but better than most average and you wont see an other one nowhere I am sure.
    Here is the job I am done with:
    Tail chopped and the frame plugs are the actual LED turn signals . It has new
    -timing belt
    - modified sprockets 14-41 to make it much more quicker
    -gold chain
    -cnc machined gold/black adjustable levers
    -cnc machined gold rear set
    -performance fuel line
    -glass washable fuel filter
    - digital gauges includes all the indicators
    - I upgraded a complete front end to make the bike more confie and more reliable so it has a 2012 ducati 696 front end . better suspension dual brake discs and the major improvements are the brembo 4-piston radial calipers.
    - new café headlight
    -café racer tail light
    -cnc machined clip-ons with raiser.
    -cnc machined gold rear and front brake reservoirs
    - Brand new Pirelli Angel soft tires
    - CNC machined gold grips
    - new sparkplugs
    -new pot filters on each carburetor
    -cnc machined gold foldable and adjustable bar end mirrors ......
    - I removed all of the extra weights from the bike (charcoal canister...) so its handles like a bicycle but torque like a real monster .-perfect for beginners , for easy riders and also for pro riders .
    -aftermarket conical mufflers powder coated and newly packed with fiber clothing sounds amazing.

The tail section molded and built from fiberglass ,and totally unique took me around a good month to create it .
    ( No other like this in the entire world )
    -Custom seat (brand new )black leather sewed with golden stiches . ( Only for one person - no passengers)
    -the heights of the seats is only a visual effect this is 32 inches from ground so less then todays monsters
    I am sure I forget few things , but the pictures are talks them self I guess.

the issues :
    -The paint job is home made I used good paint but the gas tank has to be painted again (I will explain in person what was happened )
    - The Entire engine painted with high heat black paint first , than the cylinders got gold (VHT) .After a few ride the gold started to peel around the header . So basically( I just realized) because I did not oven baked the paint as I should it never cured perfectly . So sooner or later the entire engine will be one color (black )
    - carburetor needs to be cleaned

Other than these issues the bike is in great shape .I can start the engine its starts easily but I wont let anyone to ride it until money is in my broken hand.I cannot move the bike my bones are still not ready yet .
    Clutch perfect , shifter shifts nicely and smoothly.

The bike has a clean NY state title so it can be registered in any state.
    Any question feel free to ask.
    Asking is $3900 but its slightly negotiable.
    I still have all the original parts for an extra fee I could give it to a new owner.
    (forks, wheel , complete front brake , headlight , lights ,cluster........ ,

I am sure someone out there with some painting skills and this is a perfect bike for the next season. This engine is one of the most reliable ducati engine on the market .I know an older fella who has 120.000 miles in a same monster as mine with no engine issues .
    Please do not call ONLY TEXT to this # 732 6852492 -Andy
    If we agreed in text I will call you but I cannot talk in certain time range.
    I will text you back ASAP.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Lots of good fab in my mind....that said I absolutely hate it haha. Just preference but I think it looks ugly. But that is my opinion. I'm sure someone will like the look! Why did I say that....because you kind of made something that needs a special person to buy. Will be a tough sell i think. Looks uncomfortable with the rear jacked up. I owned a 2001 750ss and loved it but was already to far over the bars stock. Not sure how safe that rear end is...trail and rake are the same?

Good luck on the sale.

Love that one of the "making fun of CL adds" sellers is hacking their bike here on the first post.
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I do not know where to begin. So. Much. Fail. Twitch.
    Bike:
    Buell X1
    Honda S90 (box of parts)
    Honda CB750C (runs)
    The Others (mostly rolling wounded)

My collar may be a little frayed, and maybe I need a shoeshine. But nobody\'s got a mortgage on my soul. I own it. Free and clear. -Phil Lovecraft

that thing looks queerer than a 3 pekerd billy goat, besides it is un-ride-able with a slope such as that seat does ........and please do not tell me it is great to ride you would be lying....other than those issues nice fab work, brow

I should have bolded special

I was a good bike at one time.... sad.

fix that seat - its ugly shape and the angle is so off. That will make it bearable.
    -

Gentleman's ,
    Thanks for all the critics but thanks God all Humans are different with different tastes.
    So far everyone who sat on the bike very satisfied with the heights the position and its so confie. too .
    Bike listed on local craigslist and day by day I got positive feedbacks about the built about the look. Like I said peoples are different and I accept all of the opinions.
    Hope someone will enjoy this bike and it will be a real head turner I am sure.

And here is the bike inspired me : Name:  monster.jpg
Views: 133992
Size:  99.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by racka0 View Post
    Gentleman's ,
    Thanks for all the critics but thanks God all Humans are different with different tastes.
    So far everyone who sat on the bike very satisfied with the heights the position and its so confie. too .
    Bike listed on local craigslist and day by day I got positive feedbacks about the built about the look. Like I said peoples are different and I accept all of the opinions.
    Hope someone will enjoy this bike and it will be a real head turner I am sure.

And here is the bike inspired me : Name:  monster.jpg
Views: 133992
Size:  99.3 KB
    Bet it's reaaaaally easy to do stoppies on it... When I see the pic of you sat on it.. jesus... I can't even imagine having to break hard going down a steep slope. Props for seeing all the criticism and not losing your rag though (as entertaining as that would have been).

The err .. inspiration(?) ....thats a really nice looking bike.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links