1977 RD400 for sale - $3800 OBO - Page 3
Close

1977 RD400 for sale - $3800 OBO

This is a discussion on 1977 RD400 for sale - $3800 OBO within the Bikes For Sale forums, part of the Classifieds category; Originally Posted by ramair311 ?:I do you see any missing fenders that would cause problems with the seat soaking up water ?...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 1977 RD400 for sale - $3800 OBO

Quote Originally Posted by ramair311 View Post
    ?:I do you see any missing fenders that would cause problems with the seat soaking up water ?

Incidentally Dean - saw that your in highland park Il. I grew up in lake bluff and used to caddie at Bob O Link country club in HP. Used to ride my Kenny Roberts rz350 to and from the course - loved that bike until I snapped my finger in the sprocket one day!
    Bob O Link club membership is still limited to a bunch of racist white males.
    We play at Sunset Valley and lob shit balls over the fence at them when we're playing #2 and #3

Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    ?:I do you see any missing fenders that would cause problems with the seat soaking up water ?
    No fender on top of the seat to stop rain falling straight onto it in a car park or on the highway in a thunderstorm.

Danger, is my business.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Witworth View Post
    No fender on top of the seat to stop rain falling straight onto it in a car park or on the highway in a thunderstorm.
    You put your fenders on top of your seat, no wonder you won't posts pics of your imaginary motorcycles.
    Dean and Zedx like this.

We play at Sunset Valley and lob shit balls over the fence at them when we're playing #2 and #3

LOl - I don't have a dog in that fight so fire away Sunset is a fun course too -
    Last edited by ramair311; 07-16-2014 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Witworth View Post

Danger, is my business.
    "twitworth" - as you are so affectionately called here, I almost started replying to your nonsense (what does a fender on top of your seat mean?!!) but then I saw that there is actually a thread started on "HOW TO IGNORE WITWORTH" - https://www.caferacer.net/forum/gener...-witworth.html

Your fellow forum members, amongst which you are such a "regular" have actually had to go to such lengths as to post a tutorial on how to BLOCK YOU FROM THEIR POSTS...............wow. Ok - ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    How are the reed valves, do they lay perfectly flat against the cage? Stock original, replaced to your knowledge or aftermarket?
    … was a part that made a significant performance difference on my 2-strokes.

Oil is still by injection, or are you running pre-mix ? I remember the RD's as being pretty heavy smokers :|
    Also having a difficult time keeping the front end down, when it hit the power-band on a modified RD350
    … I'd probably be scared to do a high speed wheelie on a skinny tired bike now, been riding the fat Pirelli on the MV too much lately
    Good points - as those are tricky on these older 2strokes from what I've learned. The specialty shop that did the work on this RD installed the banshee cages and reeds - which really crisped things up.

The oil is still injection - with everything seeming to mix well still. A bit of typical 2stroke smoke on choke and warmup - but it settles in cleanly - even under WOT.

I haven't pulled too many wheelies on that skinny tire either - especially while still in partial lean out of a canyon corner here in Colorado , I save that for my Italian flavors that share the stable currently with the RD ('14 MV F4 and '10 1198SP). I'm sure you're loving that F3 - great looking bike.

Here's a solution!

Name:  111111111111111111111111111.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  55.7 KB
    TCed and ramair311 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zedx View Post
    Here's a solution!

Name:  111111111111111111111111111.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  55.7 KB
    Nice! Might hurt the top speed a bit, and limit visibility in high-speed corners - but who cares, you at least have a nice-smelling dry seat........ right Wit?? lol
    Zedx likes this.

Good points - as those are tricky on these older 2strokes from what I've learned. The specialty shop that did the work on this RD installed the banshee cages and reeds - which really crisped things up.

The oil is still injection - with everything seeming to mix well still. A bit of typical 2stroke smoke on choke and warmup - but it settles in cleanly - even under WOT.

I haven't pulled too many wheelies on that skinny tire either - especially while still in partial lean out of a canyon corner here in Colorado , I save that for my Italian flavors that share the stable currently with the RD ('14 MV F4 and '10 1198SP). I'm sure you're loving that F3 - great looking bike.
    :shock: you let other people work on your reeds !

what brands of 2-stroke injection oil have you tried?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links