1977 RD400 for sale - $3800 OBO
Close

1977 RD400 for sale - $3800 OBO

This is a discussion on 1977 RD400 for sale - $3800 OBO within the Bikes For Sale forums, part of the Classifieds category; Hey guys - I'm selling my '77 RD400 to make room for the next project; - Numbers matching 1977 Yamaha RD400 with a clean Colorado ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 1977 RD400 for sale - $3800 OBO

Exclamation 1977 RD400 for sale - $3800 OBO

Hey guys - I'm selling my '77 RD400 to make room for the next project;

- Numbers matching 1977 Yamaha RD400 with a clean Colorado title in my name.
    - 14,000 miles total (many rebuilt internals) and runs very strong!
    - 200 miles on new tires, refinished wheels in matte black, refinished matte black front fork, refinished matte black mirrors, new points, plugs, ignition cables, carb rebuilt/cleaned and new carb boots
    - Recovered seat, aftermarket expansion chamber exhaust, "Y" tube to K&N cone.
    - Excellent mechanical and cosmetic condition

Bike can be picked up locally in Denver, CO - or shipped at buyers expense through their preferred shipper.

Assorted spare parts included with bike (plugs, pads, etc)

Name:  $_55.JPG
Views: 15303
Size:  411.4 KBName:  $_52.JPG
Views: 5094
Size:  92.5 KBName:  $_17.JPG
Views: 4891
Size:  100.9 KBName:  $_47.JPG
Views: 4845
Size:  56.1 KBName:  $_59.JPG
Views: 4834
Size:  69.0 KBName:  $_87.JPG
Views: 4783
Size:  33.5 KB
    Last edited by ramair311; 07-16-2014 at 10:04 AM.

Oh great, another one post wonder hacking thier shit
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar View Post
    Oh great, another one post wonder hacking thier shit
    Congratulations jaguar - you got your 5,555th post by hijacking an honest for sale thread for no reason, impressive. Yes, it was one post - but intended to inform a more targeted audience of like-interests of a bike I have for sale that is completely within context of this forum.

For those actually looking for a vintage 2stroke, this might actually be of value to them - so unless you have a specific question about this RD400 for sale, I would request that you keep your mindless negative posts after midnight outside of my thread. Thanks

PS - I'm unfamiliar with the context in which you use "hack" - interesting use of the English language.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Yeah I dont see the problem here. Bike looks really clean to be perfectly honest...

Don't be so precious. You are just using a blog as a free advert. It's amusing having someone with two posts telling Der Jagenemeister (with 5,555 thousand posts) how he should reply to your free ad.

IMO you can 'jack a thread, but not an ad. There is no narrative to bespoil. Some humility in your current hobby would be appreciated by all, and it will stand you in good stead in your private and public life as well.

3.8K is over the odds by my reckoning. The seat looks, well, too Trans-Am. It appears to have the OEM shocks. They were pretty crappy the day they left the factory, and are probably worn right out now.

I guess you have to pay the rent, and now walk everywhere. Good luck with the sale.

Danger, is my business.

PS: N.B., A "hack" can be a person slaving away at task for mere shekels in return. Your ad fits that definition like a stiff old carby boot.
    Last edited by Witworth; 07-15-2014 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloakedsphere View Post
    Yeah I dont see the problem here. Bike looks really clean to be perfectly honest...
    he could have put it in the "projects" section. got some feedback, some buzz, dropped a hint it might be for sale. then move it in the "for sale" section. might have took some time this way, but it "looks" better.
    I like my shocks like I like my women. Cheap and Chinese.

If someone posts in a forum with an advert then they are open to any and all comments about the bike and are as vulnerable to threadjacks as any other thread. And If they are newbies with no history of connection, then it is quite likely that the welcome they get is less warm that one might like. It's the nature of the beast. It's all semi anonymous and people can and do act out being badass.

Amazing - so you came onto an unfamiliar message board and posted a for sale ad without ever getting to know the people that "live" here. Then you get upset when you are called on it? What if we are a bunch of evil bastards waiting for some douche to give us a name and number (like "Mike at 720-252-2977") to start posting male seeking male ads on the Denver, CO craigslist? I guess it's a good thing we are not like that?

Serious questions for you - what exactly does "many rebuilt internals" mean? Did you get the crank seals replaced and the crank rebuilt? And if so, who did the work? Important questions for someone considering buying. Also, who made the chambers? Do you know? There are good RD pipes out there and crappy ones. which are yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondj View Post
    Amazing - so you came onto an unfamiliar message board and posted a for sale ad without ever getting to know the people that "live" here. Then you get upset when you are called on it? What if we are a bunch of evil bastards waiting for some douche to give us a name and number (like "Mike at 720-252-2977") to start posting male seeking male ads on the Denver, CO craigslist? I guess it's a good thing we are not like that?

Serious questions for you - what exactly does "many rebuilt internals" mean? Did you get the crank seals replaced and the crank rebuilt? And if so, who did the work? Important questions for someone considering buying. Also, who made the chambers? Do you know? There are good RD pipes out there and crappy ones. which are yours?
    Diamond - I guess I should have just stuck my RD up on the city corner with a for sale sign on it. That's what you would do right if you selling a niche bike to a small audience within the motorcycling community? Amazing how I had much more positive and constructive responses when I recently sold one of my MVAgustas on an MV-specific forum that I did not frequent prior to posting a bike for sales on the "For Sale" section.

Anyway, I'll answer your questions even though I have to assume that you actually have no intention or interest in purchasing an RD400. Perhaps it will help any of those who are reading this because they would like the bike.

what exactly does "many rebuilt internals" mean? Did you get the crank seals replaced and the crank rebuilt?

A - New upper end including Wiseco pistons (stock CC) with Connecting Rod Kit (Rod, Crank Pin, lower bearing, and Trust Washers), stock crank rebuilt and balanced along with new bearings/labyrinth seals. Complete engine seal kit installed including; drive and timing side seals, drive sprocket oil seal, kickstart axle seal, gear change shaft seal (crank case and outer cover), clutch pushrod seal, gearbox blank plugs.

And if so, who did the work?

A- HVCcycle in Lincoln, NE - HVCcycle Home

Also, who made the chambers? Do you know? There are good RD pipes out there and crappy ones. which are yours?

A- They are Spec II with modified silencers.

Hope that helps to answer your questions. Please let me know if you are an interested buyer Diamondj.

Quote Originally Posted by Witworth View Post
    Don't be so precious. You are just using a blog as a free advert. It's amusing having someone with two posts telling Der Jagenemeister (with 5,555 thousand posts) how he should reply to your free ad.

IMO you can 'jack a thread, but not an ad. There is no narrative to bespoil. Some humility in your current hobby would be appreciated by all, and it will stand you in good stead in your private and public life as well.

3.8K is over the odds by my reckoning. The seat looks, well, too Trans-Am. It appears to have the OEM shocks. They were pretty crappy the day they left the factory, and are probably worn right out now.

I guess you have to pay the rent, and now walk everywhere. Good luck with the sale.

Danger, is my business.

PS: N.B., A "hack" can be a person slaving away at task for mere shekels in return. Your ad fits that definition like a stiff old carby boot.
    Witworth, in efforts to familiarize myself with the community here- I came accross this thread which seems to sum up your "comradery" amongst your fellow regular forum members. Guess you just like to talk smack for the sake of it anywhere here ;

https://www.caferacer.net/forum/techn...-problems.html

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links