1975 Honda Cb 750 ( Orlando FL)
Close

This is a discussion on 1975 Honda Cb 750 ( Orlando FL) within the Bikes For Sale forums, part of the Classifieds category; 11460 Documented Original miles Unrestored, unmolested, all original ( minus the flawless paint on tank and covers) incredibly well kept, Frame is original including paint ...

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 1975 Honda Cb 750 ( Orlando FL)

11460 Documented Original miles
    Unrestored, unmolested, all original ( minus the flawless paint on tank and covers)
    incredibly well kept, Frame is original including paint and factory stickers, Original 341 exhaust has 0 rust,
    perfect seat, ( bike had a king /queen seat for most it's life preserving the original seat)
    Maintenance is 100% up to date , carbs have been rebuilt and vacuum synced within the past 2 months,
    Electrical system is all original and in perfect working order including the spare factory fuses
    This bike needs nothing.
    ( sorry it's not a hacked up 750 but it's perfect as it is)
    $5500. SOLD SOLD SOLD
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by csrracer; 08-17-2014 at 09:26 PM.

Name:  DSCF7694.JPG
Views: 1351
Size:  1.25 MBName:  DSCF7699.JPG
Views: 1592
Size:  1.28 MBName:  DSCF7707.JPG
Views: 1256
Size:  1.24 MBName:  DSCF7709.JPG
Views: 1274
Size:  1.28 MBName:  DSCF7716.JPG
Views: 1311
Size:  1.27 MBName:  DSCF7728.JPG
Views: 1232
Size:  1.25 MBName:  DSCF7731.JPG
Views: 1223
Size:  1.25 MBName:  DSCF7758.JPG
Views: 1164
Size:  1.74 MBName:  photo.JPG
Views: 1163
Size:  2.04 MB

It looks like you have spent months polishing off all the surface rust and shining up the alloy tarnish. Is the base gasket leaking on the barrel, like it looks in the photo? Are the marks on the front rim from tire levers?

Apart from shining it up for sale, have you done any motor work or changed any fluids?

Quote: "( sorry it's not a hacked up 750 but it's perfect as it is) ". It's a bit of a strange comment on a blog site with plenty of "hacked up bikes" that the riders consider perfect.

Danger, is my business.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

It's really nice. The red paint sucks as does the missing baffles, but the bike is really nice otherwise.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Sorry this bike didn't have surface rust it's a garage kept Florida bike, that was incredibly well kept.
    The base Gasket and the head gasket are 100% leak free.
    There are 3 or 4 marks on the front wheel from a tire iron, the PO had the tire put on at the dealer, so I'm quite surprised that that happened.
    The bike didn't take to much to shine up, mainly just waxed to preserve it, unbelievable but it is has been incredibly looked after for all these years.
    It's had a complete 10,000 mile service done in the past 3 months ( 400 miles)
    including new oil and filters, flushed brake line, new points and condensers, shock oil, adjusted valves and timing chain, all cables lubed and adjusted,
    carbs rebuilt and synced. Compression across the cylinders is between 160-165psi so I feel there is no need for any additional mechanical work to a perfectly running motor.
    Don't get me wrong I love a nice well done cafe racer, but there are quite a bit of people that I wouldn't trust to change my oil that are hacking up perfectly good bikes, because they like the way a Cafe bike looked on Pintrest.
    Last edited by csrracer; 08-08-2014 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by csrracer View Post
    Sorry this bike didn't have surface rust it's a garage kept Florida bike, that was incredibly well kept.
    There are 3 or 4 marks on the front wheel from a tire iron, the PO had the tire put on at the dealer, so I'm quite surprised that that happened.
    The bike didn't take to much to shine up, mainly just waxed to preserve it, unbelievable but it is has been incredibly looked after for all these years.
    including new oil and filters, flushed brake line, new points and condensers, shock oil, adjusted valves and timing chain, all cables lubed and adjusted,
    carbs rebuilt and synced. Compression across the cylinders are between 160-165psi so I feel there is no need for any additional mechanical work to a perfectly running motor.
    Don't get me wrong I love a nice well done cafe racer, but there are quite a bit of people that I wouldn't trust to change my oil that are hacking up perfectly good bikes, because they like the way a Cafe bike looked on Pintrest.
    Really lovely looking bike though I'm with Geeto on the paint, I always loved the two tone scheme's.
    Ignorance Is Bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    It's really nice. The red paint sucks as does the missing baffles, but the bike is really nice otherwise.
    Unfortunately I lack the equipment and photography skills to make the paint look as nice in the pictures as it does in person. ( red always appears to look a little pinkish in pictures to me). I would prefer the earlier factory paint scheme, but I'm not a huge fan of the 2 tone.

Quote Originally Posted by csrracer View Post
    carbs rebuilt and synced. Compression across the cylinders are between 160-165psi so I feel there is no need for any additional mechanical work to a perfectly running motor.

O.K., cool all round. I'm just jack of guys polishing up worn out old clunkers, and trying to pass them off as gold. This bikes O.K.

Danger, is my business.

If you were actually a potential buyer I would be more than happy to pass the previous owners' information on to you so you can talk to them personally, but I don't want to have random people bothering him or his brother ( combined they have owned the bike for 35 years) because they spotted an internet ad. I 'm sure you could understand.

Everyone's a potential buyer. That's what you call people who look at ads.

Good luck.

Danger, is my business.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links