Custom Retro Yamaha XS650 Cafe Professionally designed
Close

Custom Retro Yamaha XS650 Cafe Professionally designed

This is a discussion on Custom Retro Yamaha XS650 Cafe Professionally designed within the Bikes For Sale forums, part of the Classifieds category; For Sale 1973 Yamaha XS650 Twin , This was a 2 year Project Build , The Engine is Fresh and dialed in. Custom House of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Custom Retro Yamaha XS650 Cafe Professionally designed

Cool Custom Retro Yamaha XS650 Cafe Professionally designed

For Sale 1973 Yamaha XS650 Twin , This was a 2 year Project Build , The Engine is Fresh and dialed in. Custom House of Colors (Factory Yamaha Red) Very Nice Paint work.

Electric Start , New Rubber , Cafe Handle Bars , Custom Exhaust , Many hours of Detail. The Bike has a Slick look and Turns Heads .

selling Because starting New Project , Located in Northwest Suburbs of Chicago $5900 OBO 847-366-1155 Text or Cell ask for Mitch Name:  DSC03746.JPG
Views: 920
Size:  144.1 KBName:  DSC03747.JPG
Views: 930
Size:  140.7 KB
    Name:  DSC03746.JPG
Views: 920
Size:  144.1 KBName:  DSC03747.JPG
Views: 930
Size:  140.7 KB

What makes this bike worth $5900 ?

Nothing.....Nothing at all

I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

It's not like it was ever meant to be ridden......

...but at least it does have rear sets, and intact airbox and fenders
    I always find a soap box useful to get on my high horse.

Quote Originally Posted by roccitycafe View Post
    .... same thing with furniture, it doesn't have to be straight or not wobble, or keep thing from rolling off it, or not collapse when sat upon, it's personal taste man... if I want a dining room set that endangers the life of my dinner party guests, then it doesn't need second hand approval

My GS550 Build Thread

Let's not be too hard on the guy, I mean there isn't a lot of work out there for blind professional motorcycle designers and I think its great that he chose to give one some work.

Kidding aside, I see a lot of nice pieces on there like the 2-1, the rear shocks, and the rear sets.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by TCed View Post
    Lots of guys start projects but never finish them , always will find something about a bike to not like.
    Only a handful of builders that can honestly tear a engine open and rebuild it from top to bottom ,
    Do all there paint work and prep, polish the metals. And at the end have something different, clean and Fresh that runs, starts
    And drives Normal? Most guys just hack away? Thanks for the input

Quote Originally Posted by TCed View Post
    It has a front mudguard for a start
    Ignorance Is Bliss

Quote Originally Posted by fmitchy View Post
    Lots of guys start projects but never finish them , always will find something about a bike to not like.
    Only a handful of builders that can honestly tear a engine open and rebuild it from top to bottom ,
    Do all there paint work and prep, polish the metals. And at the end have something different, clean and Fresh that runs, starts

This bike is no different then the millions of other copy cat bandwagon jumper "builders"
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

I think the point TCed was trying to make is that your ad doesn't in the slightest justify the high asking price with details and fleshing it out with details might do that. Even this above response is so full of bullshit I can't believe you can leave your house without your ego getting hung up in the door.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

Let's Dissect this shall we?

For Sale 1973 Yamaha XS650 Twin ,
    Good so far you got the year make and model of the bike right

This was a 2 year Project Build
    Doesn't sound like a long time unless you were working on this like a job (40 hrs a week). What was done in those two years?

The Engine is Fresh and dialed in
    How fresh? Did you do bottom end or was it just rings and top? How many miles since rebuild? break in process? Oil used? compression in each cylinder

Custom House of Colors (Factory Yamaha Red)
    Candy? (originals were candy), Two stage or three? Enamel or Poly? wet sanded? who sprayed it? High temp additive on the engine covers?

Very Nice Paint work.
    Unnecessary opinion. I can tell you are proud of it but let the paint speak for itself by taking real pictures of it in sunlight. Actually saying this makes me thing you are hiding something.

Electric Start
    Bike came with this stock, it's not something you added and therefore no real value ad.

New Rubber
    Tires only or did you replace all rubber bits? this is one area where slang can hurt you.

Cafe Handle Bars
    No such thing. In fact this makes you sound like you don't know what you are talking about. These are a set of clubman bars and are they a brand anybody has heard of or a $15 set off ebay?

Custom Exhaust ,
    Whose brand? what materials? 2-1?

Many hours of Detail.
    Detail is vague. To me detail sounds like you spent more time cleaning stuff rather than riding or doing actual work. If you replaced all the hardware then say so, if you had parts chromed or replated then say so. I have spend many hours of "detail" on my 20 year old jeep wrangler but that doesn't make it anything more than a rusty dented off roader.

The Bike has a Slick look and Turns Heads .
    You know how people hate used car salesman for how they can convey really usless information in a meaningful way? don't be that guy.

selling Because starting New Project ,
    What kind of project. If it is awesome then other gearheads will relate. Vague sounds desperate.

Located in Northwest Suburbs of Chicago
    Lead with this info. In fact it should be in the heading. Speaking of the heading "professionally designed", really? Give me a fucking break. If it was so professional then you apparently forgot to mention who the professional was. This just makes you sound like another "Graphic designer" who has no business dicking with bikes.
    raven and monkey like this.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links