Custom CB750 Cafe Racer
Close

Custom CB750 Cafe Racer

This is a discussion on Custom CB750 Cafe Racer within the Bikes For Sale forums, part of the Classifieds category; lightly ridden about 300 miles on the rebuild. Has been in a calendar and has won some awards. ?70 Honda CB750 | Pipeburn.com $6,000 OBO...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Custom CB750 Cafe Racer

  1. #1
    Junior Member michaelmartinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1

    Custom CB750 Cafe Racer

    lightly ridden about 300 miles on the rebuild. Has been in a calendar and has won some awards.

    ?70 Honda CB750 | Pipeburn.com

    $6,000 OBO
    Last edited by michaelmartinho; 05-04-2015 at 12:08 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Albany NY
    Posts
    10,438
    Lol, a chopper from pipe burn here?
    and for a retarded price?
    fuck.
    I am Derby\'s Bitch


    Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

  3. #3
    Senior Member Geeto67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    23,275
    Vincent Franco’s MFP-inspired fuel-injected suicide machine
    I get that it's a sorta Springsteen reference, but honestly whomever wrote that needs to have their typing hands broken. Esp since the bike uses stock carbs.


    $9K? hahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa

    before the OP yanks the link:

    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmartinho View Post
    lightly ridden about 300 miles on the rebuild. Has been in a calendar and has won some awards.

    ?70 Honda CB750 | Pipeburn.com

    $9,000 OBO
    Last edited by Geeto67; 05-04-2015 at 06:59 AM.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

  4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member hillsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, QLD, Australia.
    Posts
    6,579
    The fuel-injected suicide machine reference is a quote from Mad Max - "I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!"
    bmartin and Geeto67 like this.

  6. #5
    Senior Member Geeto67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    23,275
    Quote Originally Posted by hillsy View Post
    The fuel-injected suicide machine reference is a quote from Mad Max - "I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!"
    It's been a while since I have seen Mad Max, I don't know why I went to "at night we ride through the mansions of glory in suicide machines....Chrome wheeled, fuel injected, and steppin' out over the line" from Born to Run, probably because I listened to it more recently. Either way it's still way inappropriate. Mad Max used KZ kwakas, this is a cb750, the MFP used yellow and blue or white and blue for all but mad max's v-8 interceptor which was satin black - this bike is some sort of satin gray metallic, mad max had a lot of fast driving outlaws and this bike is pretty tepid in the "performance" dept. Seems like a stretch to get to a mad max quote that doesn't fit. I'm still going to insist that the keyboard hands be broken just to be safe.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

  7. #6
    Senior Member jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Albany NY
    Posts
    10,438
    Is the $3000 price drop to make it less crazy?

    I got $1500 for you.
    Needs A LOT of things to be a motorcycle again.
    I am Derby\'s Bitch


    Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

  8. #7
    Senior Member hillsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, QLD, Australia.
    Posts
    6,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    It's been a while since I have seen Mad Max, I don't know why I went to "at night we ride through the mansions of glory in suicide machines....Chrome wheeled, fuel injected, and steppin' out over the line" from Born to Run, probably because I listened to it more recently. Either way it's still way inappropriate. Mad Max used KZ kwakas, this is a cb750, the MFP used yellow and blue or white and blue for all but mad max's v-8 interceptor which was satin black - this bike is some sort of satin gray metallic, mad max had a lot of fast driving outlaws and this bike is pretty tepid in the "performance" dept. Seems like a stretch to get to a mad max quote that doesn't fit. I'm still going to insist that the keyboard hands be broken just to be safe.
    Yeah - it's way off target to try and channel Mad Max into some dumbass hipster bike, but there were a few CB's in the movie. The "trike" with the bubble lid on the sidecar (the one were Goose was trying to chat up the female passenger) was an award winning CB show bike, and I'm pretty sure there were a few CB's ridden by some of the lesser members of Toecutters' gang if you look close enough.

    EDIT: Found some pics...





    There's a CB down near the far end in this pic (you can tell by the front fender stays)

    Last edited by hillsy; 05-04-2015 at 06:12 PM.

  9. #8
    Senior Member CaTacL1sm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Fort Knox, Kentucky
    Posts
    2,296
    Everyone assumes my Z1 is a mad max bike.... Yes, it's blue, grey, and has a fairing, but seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

  10. #9
    Senior Member hillsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, QLD, Australia.
    Posts
    6,579
    Quote Originally Posted by CaTacL1sm View Post
    Everyone assumes my Z1 is a mad max bike.... Yes, it's blue, grey, and has a fairing, but seriously?

    Tell them it's a Stone bike.....





    CaTacL1sm likes this.

  11. #10
    Senior Member Teazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    , IL, .
    Posts
    2,919
    Hillsy, middle picture was from a Mad Max reunion/celebration in VIC wasn't it. 1st and 3rd were in New south from Stone. I have both on DVD and quality is a touch short of HD.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. 1980 Honda CB750 Custom Cafe Racer
    By billybob in forum Bikes For Sale
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-26-2015, 05:57 AM
  2. CB750 cafe custom
    By lucasd87 in forum Bikes For Sale
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-10-2009, 02:16 PM
  3. Beautiful CB750 Custom Cafe Racer Rocket - Nothing
    By cbman in forum Bikes For Sale
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-29-2007, 01:31 PM
  4. 77 CB550 Cafe Racer Custom on E-bay now
    By sportrucks in forum Bikes For Sale
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-03-2007, 11:25 AM

Tags for this Thread