1978 gs750 - Queens, NY
Close

1978 gs750 - Queens, NY

This is a discussion on 1978 gs750 - Queens, NY within the Bikes For Sale forums, part of the Classifieds category; Ok guys: here is a chance to relieve me of a mass of stuff and get a good deal in the process. I have a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1978 gs750 - Queens, NY

Ok guys:

here is a chance to relieve me of a mass of stuff and get a good deal in the process.

I have a 1978 GS750 for sale. The bike runs, was registered, the inspection expires this month. Has about 20K on the clock. The electric starter works intermittently, it is a short I have not found yet. I can usually start the bike within the first two kicks when I have been using it, 3 when she has been sitting. tires have lots of life left in them. the slow jets are currently clogged from sitting so it needs choke for longer than usual (about 10 minutes or until fully warmed up). I really don't want to be bothered with cleaning the carbs, hence the low price.

Bike comes with:
    1977 gs750 parts bike with a good engine and 8800 miles. This was my original project bike but I didn't have a title for it so I have been robbing it of parts for the 78. It has spoke wheels where as the '78 has mags.

clean rust free front end. both the forks on these bikes have small pits up by the headlight area. I have these forks in super nice shape for when I was going to restore the bike.

Second set of bodywork including sidecovers. custom rattle can painted silver fade to (sunbleached) flat black. gives it a real mad max feel. The bike has clean stock blue paintwork on it now which looks nice but has a small dent. The second set looks ratty but has no dents.

3 stock seats. Everytime I saw a nice seat for a GS at a swap meet I bought it. These pans rot like crazy. the seat on the bike now has a rotted pan, but I have 3 rot free, rust free stock seats - 2 in the stepped 78 style and one in the 77 bench style.

Misc bobs and bits I have lying around for the GS750s including a back rack.

I will try to get current pics this weekend if the weather is nice. In the mean time I have pics of the bike when I first got it (without the blue bodywork), plus pics of the parts bike.

$900 - which isn't bad considering what you are getting. I am pretty sure I can sell the seats on ebay and make back most of that.

if interested e-mail me at: [email protected]

if not sold by sunday she goes on ebay.

Bike when I brought it home:

Parts bike when I brought it home (the blue on the tail is the same blue on the 1978:

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

quote:Originally posted by Geeto67

what is up with the seat on that F back there?!?! if ever you decide to dump the shocks on that bike too, i'm your man!!!
    iphone generated fag

wow, picking out stuff now. maybe thats not his. ever think of that? at least geetos wearing socks.

doh!

jc

not a pretty boy honda rider... i\'m fag on a TTR

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

i don't care who's it is. its as fascinating as a car wreck! never hurts to ask...
    iphone generated fag

Good eye catboy - those are marsocochi shocks and in pretty nice shape too.

Sadly that is my 900F in the background there. The seat was one of those old corbin wide saddle seats made back in the day for a cb900F. it was actually quite disgusting since it had ripped at one point and the previous owner had decided to recover it with duct tape...the whole fucking thing is covered in gooey 10 year old duct tape. I could lay my palm flat on that seat and pick it up just by sticking to it. Narsty. I still have it buried in the back of the shop somewhere. It is sad because the 900f may be on the way to being parted out since I ran into some title issues. The guy I got the bike from had the title signed over in his name but never registered it. He has since disappeared and I am not sure I can register the bike as mine now without his help (not cheaply anyway).

That picture was taken 2 years ago during the last spring clean where I actually sold a lot of stuff. Those GT380s have been long gone. I tell you what catboy - If you come down and take the whole bike I'll throw in the shocks (if I parted it I would have kept them).
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

a tempting offer indeed! don't see those very often. straight up sexy as hell!
    iphone generated fag

Hmmm... If Geet actually goes out to Road America... perhaps he might want to bring it with him?
    Many a man who falls in love with a dimple makes the mistake of marrying the whole girl. - Evan Esar

I wish I could make road america this year but I used up all my vacation days doing mid ohio and my wedding/honeymoon.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

Man, I'd be all over this if you weren't 900 miles away...

I know the guy that used to own your F. pretend mail it to me, i'll have pretend him sign it. Then i'll pretend mail it back to you signed. Pretend trace his signature, but 86 the pretend part.
    http://www.slingshotcycles.com
    Stainless braided brake lines and other odds and ends.
    Enter coupon code "caferacer" during checkout for 15% off

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links