1970 Bultaco Metralla - Indianapolis - $4300
Close

This is a discussion on 1970 Bultaco Metralla - Indianapolis - $4300 within the Bikes For Sale forums, part of the Classifieds category; Up for sale is my 1970 Bultaco Metralla. If you know the Metralla, you know the legends and the amazing history these bikes have. Bultaco ...

Up for sale is my 1970 Bultaco Metralla. If you know the Metralla, you know the legends and the amazing history these bikes have. Bultaco is mostly known in the US as an off road bike company, but their road racing is the stuff of legends too. This model Metralla cleaned up at the Isle of Man in 1967 when Bill Smith and Tommy Robb took first and second in the 250 production class. They were .4 seconds apart. The next guy came in two minutes later. This thing was a monster out of the box.

This is an ex race bike, used to run at Indianapolis Raceway Park. Still has some scars from those years, they add character. After the racing years, a headlight and taillight were added back on, but the bike is still in racing tune. It's a 1970 Metralla frame, tank and front wheel, everything else is modified. Heavily worked Pursang mk7 250cc engine, custom expansion chamber. Mikuni carb, tomaselli clip ons. 35mm forks up front, modified rear suspension. Ceriani aluminum front fender.

This bike has nothing unnecessary. And by unnecessary, I mean it has nothing that doesn't make it go, stop or turn. No speedo or tach. No ignition switch. No battery. No turn signals. Walk up to it, kick it over, ride it away. For this reason I ride with a chain lock and chain it up whenever I'm not within 10 feet.

2 stroke, uses premix. Runs and rides great. Clear title.

Fast as hell. Seriously. Weighs less than 250 lbs wet. Ran 103 mph stock, this one is not just lighter, it has MUCH more power.

Clean title ready to transfer. I have the original numbers matching engine too. If you want that we can work something out on it. Some spare parts, and a frame too, not included but could be.

Cool bike, but, umm, you know, kinda overpriced IMHO.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

i dont think your wrong this time,
    there's a big difference between a stock matching metralla and a bike that has a metralla tank and frame

Pretty cool . Pretty rare . But call me crazy she looks like she's been ridden hard and put away wet on more than one occasion and the seat looks a little bit more than just " broken in " .
    Not trying to seem like an asshole ( like I happen to be ) but due to the shape of the bike , the economy and any other circulmstance you might want to start at a lower price . At $4300 it seems like your significant other is making you list the bike and sell it so you put a really high price tag on it so no one calls and you can keep the old Taco of high sentimental value and that you can tell the other true love : " But honey , I tried ! " . It's all good though . I know I've been there .
    If they call a sheep a ram.
    And a donkey an ass.
    Why do they call a ram in the ass a goose?

the bike's a clam....most of the valuable parts aren't there (seat, fenders, engine, exhaust, headlight bucket, not to mention the front rim). and the replacements are gross.
    -parks
    I\'m not handsome

Nah, overpriced. 700.00 in today's economy

Sponsored Links