Making fun of CL ads makes me feel better - Page 57
Close

Making fun of CL ads makes me feel better

This is a discussion on Making fun of CL ads makes me feel better within the Craigslist/Ebay forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; This on cracks me up... http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/mcy/3310448453.html In case it got deleted here it is without the pic: "Designed in 1985 by, what I can only ...

Page 57 of 222 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: Making fun of CL ads makes me feel better

This on cracks me up...
    http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/mcy/3310448453.html

In case it got deleted here it is without the pic:

"Designed in 1985 by, what I can only guess was Suzuki's second string engineers, based upon some dubious mods perpetrated under American shade trees in the '70s. This is the banana slug 1360. It handles like a drunken yak with an inner ear problem cornering with all the grace of a moose on stilts, forget steering you more or less make. . . directional recommendations to it. It does not stop on a dime. It couldn't even slow down on $27.50 if ya laid it out in pennies. (537lbs dry weight!) What's that behind you? It could be a cop. . . could be Millard Fillmore, heck you'll never know, because the mirrors vibrate like a ephedrine addicted chihuahua in Anchorage, but fear not, no one will be lurking in your mirrors for long, no they'll be passing you like Einstein passed Basket Weaving 101 because with a whopping 74 horsepower on tap this narcoleptic slug of a bike can barely get out of its own way. At the stoplights soccer moms in mini vans will be smoking you like a banana peel at Woodstock. (Ok.. to be fair, it does have a heck of a lot of torque, around 84ft.lbs or so, allowing it to. . . briskly lumber down a quarter mile track in 13.7 so slightly faster than a stock 1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 at 13.8 but still, if ya have to grade it on a friendly curve against cars it's stinkin' slow.) It has four (count 'em 4) clunky forward gears. So I seem to be talkin' a lot of smack about a bike I'm trying to sell here so let me tell ya about the things in this bikes favor: Comfy gel saddle (also included, comfy but ginormous passenger pillow / perch / pad thingy, not shown 'cause it's ug- uh-lee.) It's made of metal, lots of it is chrome plated, there aint no plastic anything on this bike. If you drop it you wont have to spend hundreds or thousands on plastic body panels. Big ol' over built under stressed engine will probably outlive us all. (83 cubic inches or 1360cc if you prefer, only 24k on the odometer) It's yellow, very, very yellow, if you like yellow you might like this bike. Jardine pipes make a pleasant "Potato- Potato" sound, enough ta let the cages know you're there but not so much that your neighbors will pelt you with rocks and garbage or so loud they cause car alarms to go off in your wake. It sips gas with its pinky out getting a respectable 30-40 miles per. Uses cheap SAE car oil (no really, the book says so. . .also it comes with the book) no need for that expensive full synthetic stuff. The battery is fresh, pads are fresh, and the tires are. . .meh goodish, comes with the shop manual that you will most likely never ever need. So anyway, if you're looking for a heavy, slow, poor handling very yellow bike that you can shave in (a low mileage '93 Suzuki Intruder VS 1400 to be specific) and happen to have $2720 tucked away in your sock drawer, you could do worse than this bike; so grab this awesome cruiser before Flaggy Mc Haterpants stwikes out with fuwious wrath from the stygian depths of his mom's basement, again. Despite what I said above this is a dependable and endearing bike, it's been my back up bike for years and she gets complements all the time. . . mostly from people who don't ride but still. No trades, as I don't know how to drive a car, can't tow a boat without one and have all the guns, bikes etcetera I need. If you are looking at this the bike is still available, please put the word "Slug" in your email so I know you're not a pesky spam bot. Thanks for your time. Emails answered promptly. Virago, v65, Maxim, Gold wing, boulevard, shaft drive, xs 1100,"
    \"Why no officer, I did not know that ?\"

I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

There's got to be a way to at least get the pic to stay up on this thread when the CL post goes down...?
    Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing people out there having a good time on motorcycles. It makes me take another look. - S.M.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Is there $3000 dollars cash hidden under the seat that goes with this sale?
    Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing people out there having a good time on motorcycles. It makes me take another look. - S.M.

I see a marginal BMW selling for exactly what it should be selling for.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

I see a bike that has been listed for a LONG time
    Im sure a tone of people have wanted to buy it.......
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

1979 R60/6? 1979? i thought R60/6's stopped around 1977. I could be completely wrong; not the best on bikes.

the last official year of the /6 was 1976 as far as I know....but people are stupid. nobody takes CL seriously.

The bike is not an R75 or a big bore BMW so I don't see it ever being worth $3000 unless you taped $1500 in small bills to it. It is a bit of a bitsa and it is missing some minor but not cheap things (mirrors, sidecovers) and the paint is wasted, but the bones are probably good.

Be forewarned, BMW bikes are excellent if left stock and maintained. They are unholy money vacuums if someone treated it like a 70's cb honda. Everything service wise (filters, plugs, common rubber bits) is inexpensive, anything that counts as a real part is a fucking fortune.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence and fulfills the duty to express the results of his thought in clear form.
    ~Albert Einstein

Sponsored Links