Good deals on Craigslist...or just cool -thread - Page 102
Close

Good deals on Craigslist...or just cool -thread

This is a discussion on Good deals on Craigslist...or just cool -thread within the Craigslist/Ebay forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I'm sorry, was your "How could this be worth $4500?" question a serious question? I was wondering how a full on piece of crap like ...

Page 102 of 423 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 4223
Like Tree413Likes

Thread: Good deals on Craigslist...or just cool -thread

I'm sorry, was your "How could this be worth $4500?" question a serious question? I was wondering how a full on piece of crap like that ended up in the good deals thread.

Really any bike is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, and while personally you couldn't get me to pay $4500 for that shitpile if you broke my arm, some sucker who doesn't know crap about bikes and just wants to augment their lifestyle might feel it a better value than the other bikes you can get for $4500.

Here is what I suggest: figure out what you really want to get out of this hobby. Are you looking to go to shows? do you just want something not seen everyday? A slower bike does not mean a slower you, any 1970's bike bigger than 350ccs can easily break the speed limits, so if you are looking for the bike to be the limiting factor to your crazyness maybe you need to do some soul searching and figure out what you are always johnny on the gas.

For $4500 you can get any number of really really neat british, italian, german, american, and def japanese bikes that would not be the same as your 2009 cbr1000RR. Personally I would stay away from the japanese unless you are considering a two stroke, you've been down the inline four road already and really one of its ancestors isn't going to reinvent the wheel for you. I would consider a twin or a triple instead.

word of caution, an old bike will not run out of issues for you to solve while you own it, no matter how well sorted it is. Be ready to do small but constant maintenance to them. They are old, it happens.

Personally I would try to find a BMW or a tonti framed Guzzi. You could probably get a nice "rider" norton commando also, and def OIF triumph or BSA. Even a T500 suzuki or a post 73 kawasaki h1 should be in your price range for a good two stroke rider. Look for a currently registered, rideable, well kept, bike whose mods reflect the rider's use.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

What if I could get this for $2500ish and turn it into something sweet.
    Honda cb550 k four cb 550 cafe racer street bike

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    I'm sorry, was your "How could this be worth $4500?" question a serious question? I was wondering how a full on piece of crap like that ended up in the good deals thread.

Really any bike is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, and while personally you couldn't get me to pay $4500 for that shitpile if you broke my arm, some sucker who doesn't know crap about bikes and just wants to augment their lifestyle might feel it a better value than the other bikes you can get for $4500.

Here is what I suggest: figure out what you really want to get out of this hobby. Are you looking to go to shows? do you just want something not seen everyday? A slower bike does not mean a slower you, any 1970's bike bigger than 350ccs can easily break the speed limits, so if you are looking for the bike to be the limiting factor to your crazyness maybe you need to do some soul searching and figure out what you are always johnny on the gas.

For $4500 you can get any number of really really neat british, italian, german, american, and def japanese bikes that would not be the same as your 2009 cbr1000RR. Personally I would stay away from the japanese unless you are considering a two stroke, you've been down the inline four road already and really one of its ancestors isn't going to reinvent the wheel for you. I would consider a twin or a triple instead.

word of caution, an old bike will not run out of issues for you to solve while you own it, no matter how well sorted it is. Be ready to do small but constant maintenance to them. They are old, it happens.

Personally I would try to find a BMW or a tonti framed Guzzi. You could probably get a nice "rider" norton commando also, and def OIF triumph or BSA. Even a T500 suzuki or a post 73 kawasaki h1 should be in your price range for a good two stroke rider. Look for a currently registered, rideable, well kept, bike whose mods reflect the rider's use.
    Thanks for the insight. i used to have a speed triple, so I've experienced a triple... but have yet to own a twin. I should just look for something unique and be more patient.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.speedy View Post
    Thanks for the insight. i used to have a speed triple, so I've experienced a triple... but have yet to own a twin. I should just look for something unique and be more patient.

That is the smart move. sporting twins are interesting. I recommend a tonti frame guzzi - Lemans, V7 sport, T3, 850T, cx100, Sp1000, etc......(loop frames are Ambasador and Eldorados, nice bikes but more a harley than a rocket).

like this:
    Moto Guzzi 850T | eBay

A sporting BMW is nice too. Something like an R90s/R100S factory cafe racer:
    BMW R Series | eBay

Tube frame buells tend to be real bargains as well, not vintage but as close as you can get to vintage in a late model used bikes under $4500 - aircooled, tube frame, evo sportster motor, and neat innovation:
    Buell Cyclone | eBay

This is really interesting but It looks like more of a project than you are willing to undertake:
    Ducati Other | eBay

If you look around you can probably find a bevel 860GT in the $5K range. However, beware bevel ownership - they are great second bikes but unless sorted (and then expensive) I would be leery about them being a primary bike.

a little pricey and I don't know how much madness you are willing to accept but there is this (it is also butt ugly but if you have ever ridden a 2 stroke triple you'll understand how little that matters):
    Kawasaki Other | eBay
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

forgot the brits:

Triumph Other | eBay
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

forgot the brits:

Triumph Other | eBay
    What do you think about this one Custom BMW Airhead - Cafe Racer Style

forgot the brits:

Triumph Other | eBay
    Is that a good deal on a non stock 71?

I think the Bimmer is a better deal.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

tommy like, tommy want wingy..Kawasaki Other | eBay ... Attachment 3992
    I like my shocks like I like my women. Cheap and Chinese.

[email protected] [?]flag [?] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of Posted: 2013-10-27, 8:12PM EDT
    1975 850GT Ducati - $1500 (Lockport)

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

It has 10,600 miles.
    All Orignal except for the gas tank
    Extra set of custom exhaust pipes
    $1500 or Best reasonable offer

Sponsored Links