Good deals on Craigslist...or just cool -thread - Page 104
Close

Good deals on Craigslist...or just cool -thread

This is a discussion on Good deals on Craigslist...or just cool -thread within the Craigslist/Ebay forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I may text him for pics. His comment of no interest in riding it again suggests to me it might be a runner....

Page 104 of 423 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 4223
Like Tree413Likes

Thread: Good deals on Craigslist...or just cool -thread

I may text him for pics. His comment of no interest in riding it again suggests to me it might be a runner.
    Last edited by o1marc; 10-31-2013 at 08:54 PM.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by TSwami View Post
    Attachment 4073

Just looks like a cool bike. Dont know much about them but I've been looking for an older sport tourer.

1991 BMW K1
    You may be the first person, well, ever to say that a k1 "looks like a cool bike." Of course, when they came out, they looked like this:

Name:  K1irish.jpg
Views: 1447
Size:  59.7 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1985 BMW k100 lt

A runner for 1k would be a deal
    Bike:
    Buell X1
    Honda S90 (box of parts)
    Honda CB750C (runs)
    The Others (mostly rolling wounded)

My collar may be a little frayed, and maybe I need a shoeshine. But nobody\'s got a mortgage on my soul. I own it. Free and clear. -Phil Lovecraft

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I may be I have a soft spot for the weird. No joke I would prefer either of the two in the picture you posted to the plain paint job on the one I posted. This is coming from the guy who is seriously considering a Honda PC800

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~Hunter Thompson

nothing wrong with a pc800. they are very practical.
    Bike:
    Buell X1
    Honda S90 (box of parts)
    Honda CB750C (runs)
    The Others (mostly rolling wounded)

My collar may be a little frayed, and maybe I need a shoeshine. But nobody\'s got a mortgage on my soul. I own it. Free and clear. -Phil Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by raven View Post
    Hasn't replied to text, won't answer the phone and can't leave a message because his voice mail box is not set up.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
    Hasn't replied to text, won't answer the phone and can't leave a message because his voice mail box is not set up.

there is an address in the ad, you could go door knocking.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    there is an address in the ad, you could go door knocking.
    It's about 30 miles, Johns Creek in that area is mostly big business's. I been searching prices on these bikes and for that price basket or not and the ad being 3 days old now I wold be surprised if it's still there.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

Quote Originally Posted by moose97 View Post
    You may be the first person, well, ever to say that a k1 "looks like a cool bike." Of course, when they came out, they looked like this:
    No lots of people thought the K1 was awesome looking when it came out. I was one of them. It was the fairing issues (cracking and excessive heat) that people hated. Also, remember the bike was $13,000 new in 1988. To put that in perspective you could buy a new 1988 Trans Am for that money (though not a GTA, that had a premium). It's hard to call a bike iconic that costs as much as a sports car and burns your leg when riding it. Still I remember seeing the blue/yellow K1 in showrooms and just going....Wow. At the time we thought the only way you could go 200 mph on the street was on one of those massive plastic fantastics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
    It's about 30 miles, Johns Creek in that area is mostly big business's. I been searching prices on these bikes and for that price basket or not and the ad being 3 days old now I wold be surprised if it's still there.
    you never know. when I bought the dunstall the guy had gotten 100 calls but I was the only one to even show up.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    No lots of people thought the K1 was awesome looking when it came out. I was one of them. It was the fairing issues (cracking and excessive heat) that people hated. Also, remember the bike was $13,000 new in 1988. To put that in perspective you could buy a new 1988 Trans Am for that money (though not a GTA, that had a premium). It's hard to call a bike iconic that costs as much as a sports car and burns your leg when riding it. Still I remember seeing the blue/yellow K1 in showrooms and just going....Wow. At the time we thought the only way you could go 200 mph on the street was on one of those massive plastic fantastics.

- - - Updated - - -

you never know. when I bought the dunstall the guy had gotten 100 calls but I was the only one to even show up.
    Do a Google Earth search of the address and you will see the whole area is white collar business's. I doubt he has it at work and I would never put my address where the bike was on a craiglist ad selling a valuable bike.

I bought a 1986 Mustang GT fully loaded off the showroom floor for $12900, would have been hard for me to justify that kind of money for a bike at the time.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

Sponsored Links