Good deals on Craigslist...or just cool -thread - Page 162
Close

Good deals on Craigslist...or just cool -thread

This is a discussion on Good deals on Craigslist...or just cool -thread within the Craigslist/Ebay forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; The GS1000s sounds like it was a steal! nice price on the 50 dream too....

Page 162 of 423 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 4223
Like Tree413Likes

Thread: Good deals on Craigslist...or just cool -thread

The GS1000s sounds like it was a steal!

nice price on the 50 dream too.
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

Quote Originally Posted by MK3Brent View Post
    Yes, but what would you do with one, other than sit and stare at it? It's got to be the most impractical motorcycle ever sold in Honda showrooms. Not street legal, too recherche and collectible to modify, high strung and frangible yet still pretty slow, and too rare and hard to get replacement parts for to ever toss around a circuit as ostensibly intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanshanomi View Post
    Yes, but what would you do with one, other than sit and stare at it? It's got to be the most impractical motorcycle ever sold in Honda showrooms. Not street legal, too recherche and collectible to modify, high strung and frangible yet still pretty slow, and too rare and hard to get replacement parts for to ever toss around a circuit as ostensibly intended.
    Not really. The road bike version or an US race version would be quite reliable for a track day bike, even with no rev limiter box restrictions. I can think of a few midgets, that I know, that would be very entertaining to watch on one at the track.

The "genuine factory HRC Dream50 race bike model " is another ball game entirely (not the USA HRC model BTW) . They have something like 12 HP and would probably be grenades.

There are plenty of road and race ones out there for spares if you need them. The Japs will make parts and accessories for these things until the end of time.

I nearly bought one about a week ago, but the sale was pulled.

There was a low hours HRC factory one for sale a while ago in Japan, but costing around 15K slows the plastic a bit.

IMHO I can't think of a better bike toy to sit in the living room. It won't eat anything, and I doubt they with lose much value, even ratty ex-Jap road versions.

Danger, is my business.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Name:  50AGCWq.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  650.1 KB

Dont normally pay attention to scooters but...
    Ignorance Is Bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Tanshanomi View Post
    There were a couple people racing them at the AHRMA Vintage Festival.

cb360 with some engine mods.
    Honda CB360 With XR600 Engine in Elwood, VIC | eBay

edit: i should clarify, i like the fact the engine looks quite comfortable fitting in the bike, not all the other details of the thing. maybe it should be in the 'making fun of thread' also, the price definitely isn't a good deal.
    Last edited by liam; 08-19-2014 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by liam View Post

edit: i should clarify, i like the fact the engine looks quite comfortable fitting in the bike, not all the other details of the thing. maybe it should be in the 'making fun of thread' also, the price definitely isn't a good deal.
    It looks like a clean engine swap but also a tragic fashion victim, I vote it be in the CL making fun of thread as well.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by liam View Post
    ]
    You'd have to ask, why bother fitting an XR motor into a CB360 frame? The XR600 motor is a good one, but the 360 chassis is basically flexy, heavy, old junk.

You could get a GB250, a GB400TT or a XBR500 or GB500TT and have a far better bike. The dohc Honda GB250s are surprisingly fast. BTW, Soichiro Honda was involved in the design of the GB250, they were serious.

Why go to all that trouble just to build an SR500-looking replica?

You could just get a SR500 to play with, and they have far better frames to start with.

The modern café racer fashion only plays around with small CBs because the are cheap, not because they are any good. The same goes for CX500s.

Danger, is my business.
    Last edited by Witworth; 08-19-2014 at 10:00 AM.

I put that same seat on my CL350, and god it was MISERABLE. Shitty build quality, and my junk went numb after 20 minutes on the thing. It's mostly why I sold the bike.
    "It ran when I parked it. Probably just needs new gas and the carbs cleaned."

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    It looks like a clean engine swap but also a tragic fashion victim, I vote it be in the CL making fun of thread as well.
    No fenders at either end plus clown shoes and apparently no valid registration which in Oz includes 3rd party insurance means it is in the wrong place. That motor is a nice upgrade but why? Probably because it was cheaper than resurrecting the original.

Sponsored Links