Good deals on Craigslist...or just cool -thread - Page 163
Close

Good deals on Craigslist...or just cool -thread

This is a discussion on Good deals on Craigslist...or just cool -thread within the Craigslist/Ebay forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by ffarl I put that same seat on my CL350, and god it was MISERABLE. Shitty build quality, and my junk went numb ...

Page 163 of 423 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213263 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 4223
Like Tree413Likes

Thread: Good deals on Craigslist...or just cool -thread

Quote Originally Posted by ffarl View Post
    I put that same seat on my CL350, and god it was MISERABLE. Shitty build quality, and my junk went numb after 20 minutes on the thing. It's mostly why I sold the bike.
    But at least you were cool for that twenty minutes of wracked pain.

In Tokyo riding with that seat, at least you could go fight the butt-demons to prove your manhood, then go and get a good butt massage from an old housewife. Later, a fried axolotl, a nip of whisky, and then off for an erotic ear-cleaning by a girl who looks thirteen.

And people say that the Japs are mad!

Walking funny from butt-burn in Austin just gets the knowing nods from friends: "butt plug huh?" .

Danger, is my business.

Watch it son. You haven't earned the right to make reference to my butt plug yet.
    "It ran when I parked it. Probably just needs new gas and the carbs cleaned."

Quote Originally Posted by Witworth View Post
    You'd have to ask, why bother fitting an XR motor into a CB360 frame? The XR600 motor is a good one, but the 360 chassis is basically flexy, heavy, old junk.

You could get a GB250, a GB400TT or a XBR500 or GB500TT and have a far better bike. The dohc Honda GB250s are surprisingly fast. BTW, Soichiro Honda was involved in the design of the GB250, they were serious.

Why go to all that trouble just to build an SR500-looking replica?

You could just get a SR500 to play with, and they have far better frames to start with.

The modern café racer fashion only plays around with small CBs because the are cheap, not because they are any good. The same goes for CX500s.

Danger, is my business.
    Under Normal circumstances I would agree with you, but I am also a big fan of engine swaps and like to see people experiment with them sometimes. I would bee more excited if it was a cb350 frame with normal AHRMA/WERA/USCRA race prepping but eh....can't win them all. So I guess I like the concept, just not the execution in this case.

For the record I think cb350s are quite good, but then again they only are because they were cheap and people picked them to build a cheap bike racing class around.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Everything about that bike qualifies it for "making fun" and definitely not "good deal", $6K, really?
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

Cool idea.
    thats about it.

crack price.
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

I've heard from guys in Victoria (state of Auz), say that it's the nanny-state of all nanny-states. More warning signs per mile than any blacktop road on Earth, like every damn half mile. Like everywhere, even out in the desert. At least East Germans had some style.

No way in hell that that bike has a legit title, unless his father works at the DMV. Or his GF that month.

Danger, is my business.
    Last edited by Witworth; 08-19-2014 at 12:18 PM.

build thread-- Bare Metal CB360 Custom Tracker/Brat???? - Page 6

yes, laws are pretty strict regarding modifications. not as bad as germany, but quite restricted and the penalties are not just a slap on the wrist.
    putting the xr600 engine in makes sense because they're fairly inexpensive here, (~$1000) and often bodywork and wiring is trashed, but engines are ok. (if you can find one which hasn't had a gear shifter welded back on) plus then could sell most parts for about $500.
    whereas finding a replacement cb360 in running condition would be basically impossible, you'd have to buy a whole bike, which running might cost about $2000.
    but i don't think it will ever be legally registerable, except maybe as a 'replica' on club plates.

Quote Originally Posted by liam View Post
    build thread-- Bare Metal CB360 Custom Tracker/Brat???? - Page 6

yes, laws are pretty strict regarding modifications. not as bad as germany, but quite restricted and the penalties are not just a slap on the wrist.
    putting the xr600 engine in makes sense because they're fairly inexpensive here, (~$1000) and often bodywork and wiring is trashed, but engines are ok. (if you can find one which hasn't had a gear shifter welded back on) plus then could sell most parts for about $500.
    whereas finding a replacement cb360 in running condition would be basically impossible, you'd have to buy a whole bike, which running might cost about $2000.
    but i don't think it will ever be legally registerable, except maybe as a 'replica' on club plates.
    From the eBay ad:

Bike is not engineered, but that can be done for $800 extra or you could put it on club rego.
    I'd say as long as you could get a licensed engineer to tick the boxes the rest would be pretty easy.....although that wouldn't be a walk in the park with no fenders, clown shoes, etc...

For what it's worth NSW has become the most stringent of states now since they no longer allow "repairable" write-offs to be re-registered there. Kinda makes the term "repairable" a bit moot.....

Quote Originally Posted by hillsy View Post
    For what it's worth NSW has become the most stringent of states now since they no longer allow "repairable" write-offs to be re-registered there. Kinda makes the term "repairable" a bit moot.....
    I think am going to stop complaining about Missouri's draconian motorcycle titling statutes.

Quote Originally Posted by hillsy View Post
    From the eBay ad:

I'd say as long as you could get a licensed engineer to tick the boxes the rest would be pretty easy.....although that wouldn't be a walk in the park with no fenders, clown shoes, etc...

i imagine there will be a lot of scratched up bikes getting sent interstate then.
    finding an engineer who will sign off on the brackets added to the frame might be hard, i've heard they don't like approving things retrospectively. if the builder is a race car fabricator as the build thread indicates, then they should have the contacts to get it approved much easier then the average joe.

Sponsored Links