Good deals on Craigslist...or just cool -thread - Page 165
Close

Good deals on Craigslist...or just cool -thread

This is a discussion on Good deals on Craigslist...or just cool -thread within the Craigslist/Ebay forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by Witworth I was going to get a friend to ship one from about a thousand miles away, a month or so ago. ...

Page 165 of 423 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 4224
Like Tree413Likes

Thread: Good deals on Craigslist...or just cool -thread

Quote Originally Posted by Witworth View Post
    I was going to get a friend to ship one from about a thousand miles away, a month or so ago. after I phoned him, the sale disappeared for no real reason. I had my 6.5K ready.

I'll get one soon enough. They are the ideal indoor toy to collect dust.

Danger, is my business.
    Just FYI - A crate motorbike like that from HONDA is super rare and worth waaaaay more than 6.5k. People have had dealerships shut down for selling bikes in crates from factory honda. Getting a guy to ship you one for 6.5k because you phoned him is impossible. Honda has very strict rules on selling bikes like that.

But getting one of these bikes in a crate will cost you well over 10k. Easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloakedsphere View Post
    Just FYI - A crate motorbike like that from HONDA is super rare and worth waaaaay more than 6.5k. People have had dealerships shut down for selling bikes in crates from factory honda. Getting a guy to ship you one for 6.5k because you phoned him is impossible. Honda has very strict rules on selling bikes like that.

But getting one of these bikes in a crate will cost you well over 10k. Easy.
    That's nonsense. I've seen un-started ones for well under 7K, I've seen ex-racer race-bike ones for 3K and there are some genuine HCR race "race-kit" bikes (not the customer USA HCR race bike, they are worth about half the "race kit" HRC ) out there, with about ten race laps on them at near 15K. Dream50s are not that rare, they were sold in Japan as a road bike for three or four years. They sold hundreds of the "customer USA HCR race bike" model. They are not "super-rare" , there are hundreds, if not thousands of the things: From worn-out Tokyo road ones to near 20K 95MPH race grenades.

What use is a bike in a crate?, as soon as you open it, the value drops. There would be a minimum of 100 of the Dream50 sitting in storage now, that have never turned a wheel.

There is a lot of guff spoken about "so-called" rare race Hondas. If you want a HRC bike, you just give some cash to a HRC dealer, and wait. Not that long ago, a dealer could order some discontinued models, if you ordered 100 units at a time. Like RVF400 V-4s.

I didn't phone the seller to get the bike shipped, I phoned a friend to ask a relation to see if they could organise the picking up and shipping.

Danger, is my business.

Un-started is completely different from a bike in complete pieces and still packaged in a crate outside of a honda factory. You obviously have no clue what an actual bike in a crate is worth to a collector nor will you ever with that kind of attitude. Like I stated before. 2 Honda 50's that sold as pairs in a crate went for over 80k on ebay auction.

A true motorcycle enthusiast and collector would jump at the chance of buying a bike that was already made in such limited quantities in an even rarer form. You are obviously not a collector of motorcycles.

It goes the same with any collection. What use is a stamp that you arent going to put on an envelope? What use is a button (the ones that pin to your shirt) if you're never going to wear it?

And yes. A CR110 in a crate is very rare to find. Good luck getting one under $10,000 USD from anywhere in a crate. Untouched. Not put together. Never taken apart.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Cloakedsphere View Post
    Un-started is completely different from a bike in complete pieces and still packaged in a crate outside of a honda factory. You obviously have no clue what an actual bike in a crate is worth to a collector nor will you ever with that kind of attitude. Like I stated before. 2 Honda 50's that sold as pairs in a crate went for over 80k on ebay auction.

A true motorcycle enthusiast and collector would jump at the chance of buying a bike that was already made in such limited quantities in an even rarer form. You are obviously not a collector of motorcycles.

It goes the same with any collection. What use is a stamp that you arent going to put on an envelope? What use is a button (the ones that pin to your shirt) if you're never going to wear it?

And yes. A CR110 in a crate is very rare to find. Good luck getting one under $10,000 USD from anywhere in a crate. Untouched. Not put together. Never taken apart.
    You are a bit confused here about Honda 50cc road race bikes. The Dream50 is a production based bike, made in their thousands: you could by one now from 2.5K to 20K. There was probably 350 of them sold in the US by Honda Am.

Your friend is blowing smoke in your ear when it comes to 10K.

The CR110 is a "customer road race" bike from the sixties: they are worth 40K and up.

They are two entirely different models.

I don't care for crate bikes, and care how much crate bikes are worth. It's just hording masturbation to my notion of motorcycling. Every old bike I have anything to do with, or ones in my friends collections all run, on the road or the race track. China is building 250MPH train systems every year or two, while we are scratching around storing old bikes like they are gold, or American pickers driving everywhere for parts of rusty Indian junk. It's ghosty garbage.

People pay extreme higher prices because of speculation, zippo to do with any real market value. When the Fed stops printing money it doesn't have, the collectors bike market will be like The Sub-prime slide.

Danger, is my business.

I don't like the idea of crate bikes either but the reality is when they are sold they sell for substantially more than an un-crated bike.

I have never seen a dream 60r ( the "new " production bike ) sell for more then $7500

If you are taking about $80k bike you either were lied to or not talking about a dream 50
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar View Post
    I have never seen a dream 60r ( the "new " production bike ) sell for more then $7500

If you are taking about $80k bike you either were lied to or not talking about a dream 50
    That sums it up.

By a 80K bike, I guess you are referring to a sixties Honda race CR110 or maybe a CR93 ( 125cc twin GP bike ).

Smoke was blown in ear.

When I have a Dream50 sitting in the living room, I'll tell everyone who sees it that it's worth 10K . But, I really could not care what ones worth. I'd just admire it's exquisite beauty, and drag it out now and then for some young racer dude to take around a track on a ride day.

Danger, is my business.

Maybe you could take a photo of it.

Quote Originally Posted by hillsy View Post
    Maybe you could take a photo of it.
    He can't. his camera is in a crate and needs assembly.

I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

Sponsored Links