Good deals on Craigslist...or just cool -thread - Page 262
Close

Good deals on Craigslist...or just cool -thread

This is a discussion on Good deals on Craigslist...or just cool -thread within the Craigslist/Ebay forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Is this something I should be interested in? I'm 15 miles away and want to look at it tomorrow. I realize I'll know better after ...

Page 262 of 423 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264272312362 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 4224
Like Tree413Likes

Thread: Good deals on Craigslist...or just cool -thread

Is this something I should be interested in? I'm 15 miles away and want to look at it tomorrow. I realize I'll know better after seeing pics or it in person. But sounds like someone got in over their head and are just bailing.

1973 cb350 four project
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

My CB350F was perhaps my favorite bike ever. Still keep in touch with the guy I sold it to out in CA - he says he'll never sell it.

"It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt"

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    How can a motorcycle be "fully original", and be fully restored at the same time?

The correct answer is: they can't.

65K £sd for a Rapide? The CX 500 of Stevenage? Rapide's are not a shadow on more superior motorcycles.

Danger, is my business."

Quote Originally Posted by Witworth View Post
    How can a motorcycle be "fully original", and be fully restored at the same time?

The correct answer is: they can't.

65K £sd for a Rapide? The CX 500 of Stevenage? Rapide's are not a shadow on more superior motorcycles.

Danger, is my business."
    Never said it was "fully original". Just keep making shit up Douche Bag.
    One definition of "original" is "being the first or earliest". A bike can be the first or earliest and still have been modified. Therefore it can be restored and original.
    Sorry, but you failed this time in finding something negative to say about just about everything.
    Last edited by o1marc; 07-12-2015 at 06:57 PM.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
    Never said it was "fully original" or "fully restored". Just keep making shit up Douche Bag.
    One definition of "original" is "being the first or earliest". A bike can be the first or earliest and still have been modified. Therefore it can be restored and original.
    Sorry, but you failed this time in finding something negative to say about just about everything.
    Quote: "fully restored, in mint condition". It makes zero sense. "Mint" means new and fresh from the factory, not fresh from the shed.

Danger, is my business."

Quote Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
    Never said it was "fully original" or "fully restored". Just keep making shit up Douche Bag.
    You're reaching on this one due to your infatuation with Wit. You can modify a bike or you can restore it, but you can't do both. Unless you are restoring a modified bike, in which case it's no longer original. Unless of course you are restoring a bike modified by someone significant in which case it could be an original So and So. But then it would be restored and AN original. Not restored and original. "An original" and "original" have different implied meanings based on usage but then you already know that and this is yet another excuse to bitch about Whitworth.

We get it.
    -Craig
    The Mighty Monza Jr. Thread: https://www.caferacer.net/forum/proje...r-project.html

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoDog View Post
    You're reaching on this one due to your infatuation with Wit. You can modify a bike or you can restore it, but you can't do both. Unless you are restoring a modified bike, in which case it's no longer original. Unless of course you are restoring a bike modified by someone significant in which case it could be an original So and So. But then it would be restored and AN original. Not restored and original. "An original" and "original" have different implied meanings based on usage but then you already know that and this is yet another excuse to bitch about Whitworth.

We get it.
    My point was that Wit was embellishing his post to give him something to talk about, as usual. No where did it say it was "Fully Original". I'm not arguing the definition of original or restored,but I will argue the definition of "mint": "the term "mint" began to be used to describe many different items having excellent, like-new quality."
    Therefore it does not have to be original , only up to original quality, which some restorations may exceed.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

Mint=the day it was built. Everything else is a variation of mint.
    Ed

"It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt"

Sponsored Links