Good deals on Craigslist...or just cool -thread - Page 264
Close

Good deals on Craigslist...or just cool -thread

This is a discussion on Good deals on Craigslist...or just cool -thread within the Craigslist/Ebay forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Jim, Remember when we were talking in the car about convincing steveo to put a bunch of bikes we bought into a container for us?...

Page 264 of 423 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274314364 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 4224
Like Tree413Likes

Thread: Good deals on Craigslist...or just cool -thread

Jim,

Remember when we were talking in the car about convincing steveo to put a bunch of bikes we bought into a container for us?
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar View Post
    $20K is a lot of money. But when you think about what it actually is, some how it seems worth it.
    Worth 20K every day of the week. The only thing I'd like to know is has it got some horrible Italian magnesium wheels ready to fly apart and kill some dude. Even with a few scapes here and there, its a very desirable survivor. A good bike to leave in the condition it's in, not polish a turd to death like Brit freaks do. History does not spring forth from chrome polish and a shop rag. I can't see Bimota's ever going down in value much, even some of the shittier and cheaply finished ones.

There is always some weird story that goes with with bikes that have sat for years in showrooms or pool rooms.

Danger, is my business."

"It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt"

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    Nice enough Bimota, but IMHO, not worth that much yet, even in darkest, dampest Fken UKetucky.

Danger, is my business."

Quote Originally Posted by Witworth View Post
    Nice enough Bimota, but IMHO, not worth that much yet, even in darkest, dampest Fken UKetucky.

Danger, is my business."
    You say this about #79 not being worth $25K and never will be, but #187 is worth every penny of $21K every day of the week. They are virtually that same bike, Is $4k that much of a spread to call one what you said above?
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

The only thing I'd like to know is has it got some horrible Italian magnesium wheels ready to fly apart and kill some dude.

Danger, is my business."
    Surely you are not referencing the Marchesini wheels owned by Brembo?
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
    You say this about #79 not being worth $25K and never will be, but #187 is worth every penny of $21K every day of the week. They are virtually that same bike, Is $4k that much of a spread to call one what you said above?
    The first SB3 I mentioned is slightly over my valuation, but only about USD2K. I said worth 20K, not 21K, BTW. So therefore the second one is around USD6K over my real world estimate. Personally I'd take a slightly scuffed daily rider over a polished low miles Brit turd any day. The Brits are the most eager "bodgers"and turd polishers on the planet: and that's not alway a good thing.

Danger, is my business."
    Last edited by Witworth; 07-15-2015 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
    Surely you are not referencing the Marchesini wheels owned by Brembo?
    I'm not down old the Marchesini brand. But if they are pure magnesium, I'd ditch them. I wouldn't trust my life on crusty old magnesium wheels, or sell them to anyone. I'd probably burn them at a party.

Danger, is my business."

The first SB3 I mentioned is slightly over my valuation, but only about USD2K. I said worth 20K, not 21K, BTW. So therefore the second one is around USD6K over my real world estimate. Personally I'd take a slightly scuffed daily rider over a polished low miles Brit turd any day. The Brits are the most eager "bodgers"and turd polishers on the planet: and that's not alway a good thing.

Danger, is my business."
    So let me get this clear, the difference between the $21K stated value and your valuation of $20K is about $2K? So if it was worth $20K every day of the week couldn't a couple of days of that week someone might think it's actually worth $21K? But the one that is nicer and restored will never ever be worth $25K? Maybe to you. I bet they are happy your not pricing anything or everyone would be selling everything for no profit.
    Last edited by o1marc; 07-15-2015 at 07:09 PM.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I'm not down old the Marchesini brand. But if they are pure magnesium, I'd ditch them. I wouldn't trust my life on crusty old magnesium wheels, or sell them to anyone. I'd probably burn them at a party.

Danger, is my business."
    You're not down on the Marcesini brand. I must have misunderstood this then: "horrible Italian magnesium wheels ready to fly apart and kill some dude."
    As I recall many of the top racers in the last decade have raced on Marchesini all magnesium wheels, can you name one of those riders that was killed due to wheel failure? When was the last time you saw a documented case of a Kimtab flying apart and killing someone. Those wheels are still on the road today and they are more than 39 years old. Occasionally you
    are not full of shit, today ain't one of those days.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

Sponsored Links