Cafe Racer Forum banner

Good deals on Craigslist...or just cool -thread

632K views 4K replies 158 participants last post by  steveo 
#1 ·
#5 ·
#9 ·

Hmm, been dropped a few times leaks oil but it has a new cafe racer seat. Sound like the owner wants to make up for his investment in cosmetics when he should have been investing in the mechanical's. IMHO to qualify for this thread it would have to be priced at $750 OBO.

#10 ·
quote:Originally posted by mmaserati

Hmm, been dropped a few times leaks oil but it has a new cafe racer seat. Sound like the owner wants to make up for his investment in cosmetics when he should have been investing in the mechanical's. IMHO to qualify for this thread it would have to be priced at $350 OBO.
fixed it for ya.....

#13 ·
wish that ar80 was local.

#14 ·
I've got two AR80's. They are overpriced at $1500, better at less than $1K. Seems like the wheels alone are such a hot commodity that the price gets pumped up. The oil injector pumps and clutch baskets on these bikes are common problems - if you find one, look to see if the injector pump is cracked in half and the gear teeth on the basket are all there (look through the oil fill hole as you rotate the engine.

#17 ·
For. The. Win.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/mcy/2975747618.html

Problem is, the response according to the OP has been "overwhelming" and she (!) is going to pick three people (seemingly at random from the list of contacts) to haul ass down to the storage location in central Phoenix, first one there after 10am on Friday gets the bike. She had a hare-brained scheme to give out the location of the bike to the highest "bidder" via email. I told her I'd give her $10K for the bike. Now, if I was the "winning" bidder and only showed up with $500, would she tell me to piss off, or just sell me the bike anyway, seeing as how she will be in town for less than a day and just needed to unload it? I wrote her and explained that her scheme held many potential land mines, but she's sticking to it. I expected more from a Georgetown Law Professor.

#19 ·
TheGreg: i take it you are from central ga like myself. I saw that 750 chopper in cochran. Wish I had 600 to go pick it up.

#22 ·
I know this is a vintage bike forum, but i think this would look neat if you dumped the headlights (foglights) thats on it and put a nice 7" round lamp up front and the cluster back on. Or maybe some vintage clocks. It could be a very tasteful streetfighter/modern naked bike look.

http://macon.craigslist.org/mcy/2963887527.html

There isnt a whole lot going on up here...unless it was thursday night not much was happening. Although downtown is never bad if you like silly college girls ;)

#23 ·
i went to the first annual sweetwater festival there. i dont even know if its still going on. my roomates buddy got arrested for public intox, underage consumption, and open container. paid $5 to see afro man at capital city (capital shitty?). ended up sleeping on some strangers couch after we bailed the guy out. fun saturday night.

#26 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.