Cafe Racer Forum banner

Good deals on Craigslist...or just cool -thread

632K views 4K replies 158 participants last post by  steveo 
#1 ·
#1,766 ·
He does do some really cool and interesting builds.
Really nails the look that he is gong for, but the bike still functions as a motorcycle

#1,775 ·
1978 Suzuki GS1000 (Skunk) Dunstall

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

it may be a little ugly, but man look at that parts list:

1978 Suzuki GS1000(Skunk) Dunstall. This bike has a ton of original rare 1970s parts, that were installed by the original owner. The bike has an original and hard to find Dunstall GS1000 kit, which includes a full fairing and original Dunstall GS1000 rear sets. Also....is an extremely rare Zero race seat, Yoshimura shocks and a Kerner 4 into 1 exhaust.

I have owned the bike for for the last 3-4 years and have upgraded several parts. The front end has been replaced with a Honda VTR1000F Super hawk, with a CBR900RR front wheel. The rear swing arm was replaced with a custom GS1100 aluminum swing arm, that has a swing arm brace from a CBR900RR tig welded to the bottom. Rear wheel is a CBR600F3, with a 530 chain conversion. Carbs are running open velocity stacks, with a dyno jet stage 3 kit.

Bike runs great and strong! I've ridden the bike all summer(still riding it almost daily) with no issues, but need to move onto other projects and make room. Clean title in hand. Below is a current(10/20/14) YouTube video of the bike running:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WyXJrcDEN0&list=UUSn2HA_GaSS5Q1YmzwmETcg

#1,777 ·
a little pricey, but a) when are you going to see another one; b) police stuff commands a premium:

1961 Harley Servi-car servicar Trike

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Motorcycle

1961 Harley servi car Was the Shelby Oh. police bike has 9292 original miles. Almost all original, has metal box and pad. Siren and light not hooked up. I believe that it still has original tires still on it. All lights horn and turn signals works, Brakes work Has the button on the bars to lock speedometer needle. Starts and idles and goes into gear. Has new seat like original, new battery and lid Grips kick pedal rubbers, new exhaust, pipes original muffler . Shelby police owned then my dad ,sister then me.

#1,781 ·
I have one with a US made chrome moly frame, same bottom end same 6 port 3g3 cylinders, Femsa, Hitachi or Motoplat ignition, electronic tacho and whatever wheels I decide to put on it when I get around to building it. Accepting offers - soon. Mine will be fitted with a pair of TZ750 light front disks, similar H/J/K fairing and probably a mag hub spoked wheel front and stock spoked rear , or I'll refit the 3" wide Morris rear, Kimtab front. First come first served..:)

This post has been deleted
#1,787 ·
Anybody know who owns this one? Not a bad price at $999

Parts / Improvements:
All new gaskets, orings and seals
Fresh 0.25 oversize bore (new piston, wrist pins & rings)
KA Cam Chain Slider and cam chain
New Avon RR tires (I paid $250)
Cylinder head flow benched / ported head with larger Intake valves (I paid $600 for this work)
30 mm VM Mikuni Carbs
Pamco Breakerless Ignition (I paid $95)
CB750 front forks and front disc brake
New YS Rear Shocks (I paid $250 for the pair)
Tannermatic belly pan
Yamaha TZ250A seat bump
Bultaco TSS front fairing
2 into 1 megaphone exhaust
Stock fuel tank
Machined sized bronze swingarm bushings
Bultaco TSS front fairing
17 / 34 sprockets new

Honda 350 Cafe Racer

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

#1,790 ·
I know sand cast CB750 pipes are becoming harder to find but $495 for a new #4 pipe is stretching it.
Factory New 1969 1970 Honda CB750 4 Exhaust Pipe Sandcast | eBay

$21.95 shipping, if I could find a sucker to pay $500 for that pipe I would gladly pay the shipping for them. But if they are that dumb I guess I should take every dollar they have if I can.

#1,794 ·
The value in any CB750 is the pipe.
So since the early bikes are crazy valuable that means the pipes are too.

sold an NOS set of 341 pipes for $1750 and that was years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

I want to sell everything right now.
Because racecar

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/ctd/4734478950.html

This post has been deleted
#1,798 ·
I've thought for a few days about what would be a worse bike than a Vdue. I couldn't come up with one.

You have to ask why a bike, especially a model with a woeful a build history and reliability record as a Vdue, is still 'new' after all these years.

Have some Italianos bolted together junk that was lying around in the warehouse? I'd guess so.

Danger, is my business.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.