Good deals on Craigslist...or just cool -thread - Page 98
Close

Good deals on Craigslist...or just cool -thread

This is a discussion on Good deals on Craigslist...or just cool -thread within the Craigslist/Ebay forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Didn't sell for near as much as the one listed a few pages back that was mint but this one would be awesome in a ...

Page 98 of 423 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast
Like Tree413Likes

Thread: Good deals on Craigslist...or just cool -thread

Didn't sell for near as much as the one listed a few pages back that was mint but this one would be awesome in a collection even beside the other unraced one.

Kawasaki : Other in Kawasaki | eBay Motorcycles

Name:  $(KGrHqZ,!oQFIrli9M7zBSRfgL!2mQ~~60_3.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  58.4 KB
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~Hunter Thompson

Left foot brake. Right hand shift. Love it.

Triumph : Other | eBay

Triumph 1972 - Chopper

72 triumph Bonneville mounted on a Amen Savior frame. motor is a 72 tr120 650cc. Bike was built on an Amen Savior frame and body is painted in black base with silver metal flake and it shows nicely as a vintage bobber from the 70s. Custom front end. Butoco triple trees with Suzuki GS1000 down tubes and brakes. Dual carbs motor is clean. Has electronic ignition and an oil cooler added. Harley Sportster tank and Z bars front mounted forward controls. and a right side gear shifter. Every part is either chrome plated or polished aluminum clean title and title as a special construction bike.
    Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing people out there having a good time on motorcycles. It makes me take another look. - S.M.

Ok, this is one of those, "you'll never see this deal again," deals.

The Aprilia RSV, the first rendition is one of my favourite bikes ever. This is the SP. They built 150 for homologation and really did a number with them. Engines prepared by cosworth, sandcast cases, bigger bore, shorter stroke, revved like a nutter. Upspec Ohlins, alloy tank, carbon fiber fairings, OZ forged alloy wheels, lighter sub frame and when new was roughly 45 grand.

This guy has one for 7500 buy it now in immaculate condition. Ha. Weird. As I've typed this is changed from 7500 buy it now to just an auction. Wonder what it'll go for.

Aprilia Millie SP RVs | eBay
    That's like, your opinion, man.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Bob Dog View Post
    ...As I've typed this is changed from 7500 buy it now to just an auction...
    A "Buy it Now" auction becomes a "normal" auction when someone places a bid that's higher than the reserve.

-Deek

$7500 was a steal for that bike. Too bad it is in buttfuck idaho and whomever buys it is going to have to ship it. I feel bad for whomever took the near $40K loss buying it new.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

For all of he great things I hear about aprilia, they sure do loose value fast...,
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

$6,000 so far. Reserve off. 4 days left. What'll it go for?
    Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing people out there having a good time on motorcycles. It makes me take another look. - S.M.

I say we all go in on it. I'll take the winter months since none of Y'all can ride!

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar View Post
    For all of he great things I hear about aprilia, they sure do loose value fast...,
    That's because they don't have many dealers and they haven't been around as long as Ducati. Italian bike owners are a very small minority on the best of days. So finding someone wanting to buy a 10 year old Italian bike from a brand few motorcyclists have ever heard of is a tough sell. Also, Aprilia was bought by Piaggio in 2006-07 and the new owners had a bumpy transition and haven't done a stellar job marketing their bikes in the USA. However, they tend to be absolutely wonderful for those willing to take a chance. Like most things Italian, Aprilia are not without their problems. But there is a strong enthusiast community of support out there. And if the bike survives the first year without being bought back under Lemon Law then it tends to be OK so long as the owner is willing to DIY most routine service. So for true enthusiasts with basic mechanical aptitude they tend to be a bit of a bargain. But if your idea of Italian bike ownership is parking it in your living room to look at and then towing it to the dealer for oil changes and other routine service then Aprilia probably isn't for you.

and by not as long as ducati you mean 70 years, though admittedly they were largely a scooter/off road bike company for a lot of those years. Technically they have been making two wheeled vehicles longer than Ducati, which was a radio tube company till the 1950s. The secret is whomever gets US market penetration wins and in this case ducati and guzzi won that war and marques like Aprillia, Cagiva, Moto Morini lost. Really Aprillia is a motorcycle racing company with a bad motorcycle production habit anyway.

Most people's opinion of italian motorcycles is the same opinion they have toward 1970's Fiat 124s or alfa spiders - great but who wan't to be working on it all the time. Sadly the italians (esp ducati) have not given them the opportunity to be wrong and even new ducati's are horrible floaters when it comes to build quality.

Like everything italian, when it works it works fantastic - the rest of the time it stinks of drakkar noir and chases skirt, uses your tooth brush, leaves the seat up, drinks before and after the job, and generally drives you up a wall. Wait...wrong analogy.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Sponsored Links