Cafe Racer Forum banner

Good deals on Craigslist...or just cool -thread

632K views 4K replies 158 participants last post by  steveo 
#1 ·
#2,753 · (Edited)
1970 74 Triumph Smiths 250 Kilometer Speedometer Tachometer T120 TR6 T140 TR7 | eBay

I know these are in KPH, but for the price they were at I had to give it a shot. They were at $22 till 10 seconds to go so I bid $46, knowing they are worth far more than that. But got beat by a snipe bid that I have no idea how high it was. I can't believe the reserve was this low.
These guys even have an auction for rebuilding of your set of gauges starting at $1, reserve not met. Looks like top notch work.

Must not have smoked enough weed today. Seems I was the high bidder and I didn't win and neither did anyone else. His reserve is $399, so he is no bargain at all, though he does do a thorough rebuild and is probably worth it to some.

#2,757 ·
Yeah, I read through it!
I was very impressed with the quality of the build. I wish I could drop the kind of money that thing will bring!
Do those chambers hang too low for track duty? Would the remaining portions of the stock frame be up for the type of force that the brakes, tires, and late model swingarm would exert on it?
I find myself bummed out that 2 stroke road racing didn't keep going with the 4 stroke stuff.
I'd love to see 2 stroke Litre bikes tearing ass around the track.

#2,770 ·
1953 Norton Big 4 - $5250

For sale: RARE Classic Norton Big 4 600cc side valve single. Bike starts runs and rides great. Usually starts on 1st or 2nd kick. This bike was restored as a static display 15 yrs ago by previous owner and sat dry until two years ago. Only problem that needs attention is that it isn't charging. Comes with some misc spares and a vintage Norton maint. manual. This is a great old Norton that you can ride tomorrow. $5250 OBO

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire Automotive tire

#2,773 ·
1981 Kawasaki Kz 550a

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle Motor vehicle

"1 owner machine with many mods.Has 83 Gpz engine,81 Gpz forks and swing arm with triple disc brakes.Engine runs but only on choke.All calipers rebuilt,steel braided brake lines,new pads in front.Kerker exhaust and jet kit.New Avon RoadRider tires with 0miles on 18 in. 84 Gpz wheels.All new wheel bearings and steering stem bearings.Comes with two 1/4 fairings 1 for round head lamp,1 for square headlamp,stock 19 in front and 18 in rear with drum brake,stock swing arm,extra cylinder with Wiseco 615cc piston kit.Have box of extra parts.$1000/bo."

I hope the box of parts has the original airbox.

#2,781 ·
Hold my beer while I access my checking account

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.