Bad Idea Of The Day (Cars) - Page 79
Close

Bad Idea Of The Day (Cars)

This is a discussion on Bad Idea Of The Day (Cars) within the Craigslist/Ebay forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; For Geeto. 1985 e30 BMW 325e...

Page 79 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
Like Tree161Likes

Thread: Bad Idea Of The Day (Cars)

For Geeto.

1985 e30 BMW 325e
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar View Post
    I'm on a 4cyl bmw daydream at the moment. Either an E21 320i or an M42 powered 318i E30. I also feel like the only person in the world who loves the e36 318ti and sees it for what it really is: the best e30 non-m3 car ever made.

I'm shocked at how much the E30 market jumped after I sold mine.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    I'm on a 4cyl bmw daydream at the moment. Either an E21 320i or an M42 powered 318i E30. I also feel like the only person in the world who loves the e36 318ti and sees it for what it really is: the best e30 non-m3 car ever made.

I'm shocked at how much the E30 market jumped after I sold mine.
    Actually no. I always loved the 318ti.

Of course I also like the Z3 coupe alot.
    Geeto67 likes this.
    Bike:
    Buell X1
    Honda S90 (box of parts)
    Honda CB750C (runs)
    The Others (mostly rolling wounded)

My collar may be a little frayed, and maybe I need a shoeshine. But nobody\'s got a mortgage on my soul. I own it. Free and clear. -Phil Lovecraft

Also I am contemplating total blasphemy and shoving a Jeep 4.0 in a 50 chevy. 95% of even "car show" guys will never even know it isnt a chevy. I mean, even the intake is on the proper side and six cylinder power makes alot of things simpler in these cars.
    drgonzo and thechief86 like this.
    Bike:
    Buell X1
    Honda S90 (box of parts)
    Honda CB750C (runs)
    The Others (mostly rolling wounded)

My collar may be a little frayed, and maybe I need a shoeshine. But nobody\'s got a mortgage on my soul. I own it. Free and clear. -Phil Lovecraft

I am Derby\'s Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by raven View Post
    Also I am contemplating total blasphemy and shoving a Jeep 4.0 in a 50 chevy. 95% of even "car show" guys will never even know it isnt a chevy. I mean, even the intake is on the proper side and six cylinder power makes alot of things simpler in these cars.
    If you were closer I would give you my 1967 Pontiac OHC-6. It uses the chevy six engine mounts and makes way more horsepower. Also has a ton of underhood appeal to hot rodders.
    thechief86 likes this.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

If you were closer I would give you my 1967 Pontiac OHC-6. It uses the chevy six engine mounts and makes way more horsepower. Also has a ton of underhood appeal to hot rodders.
    I've always liked in-lines and I've only seen one Pontiac OHC six. Sweet engine. Does yours have a Q-jet?

Quote Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
    I've always liked in-lines and I've only seen one Pontiac OHC six. Sweet engine. Does yours have a Q-jet?
    Mine was an original 1bbl grandma car with 60K miles on it. When one of the cam followers collapsed I started to look for a replacement and ended up with a complete carb to pan 1968 250ci 4bbl sprint engine out of a lemans for $250. when it was in the car it used no oil and consistently returned 25mpg at 70 mph on the freeway. I have a sprint cam and a 4bbl manifold and I have been half heatedly searching for webers to do the weber conversion to it (Clifford still has manifolds even though they are no longer in the catalog or so I am told). Originally I wanted to put the engine in a t-bucket or 27 track roadster al la the red baron show car I had a model of when I was a kid but then later I got this wild hare to want to stuff it into a C3 corvette like the original 1964 pontiac banshee concept. These days it just sits on an engine stand under a cover in pop's garage....waiting.
    drgonzo likes this.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

Mine was an original 1bbl grandma car with 60K miles on it. When one of the cam followers collapsed I started to look for a replacement and ended up with a complete carb to pan 1968 250ci 4bbl sprint engine out of a lemans for $250. when it was in the car it used no oil and consistently returned 25mpg at 70 mph on the freeway. I have a sprint cam and a 4bbl manifold and I have been half heatedly searching for webers to do the weber conversion to it (Clifford still has manifolds even though they are no longer in the catalog or so I am told). Originally I wanted to put the engine in a t-bucket or 27 track roadster al la the red baron show car I had a model of when I was a kid but then later I got this wild hare to want to stuff it into a C3 corvette like the original 1964 pontiac banshee concept. These days it just sits on an engine stand under a cover in pop's garage....waiting.
    Ahhh, the Red Baron. I too had that model and some more wild ones from that time. Seems like I had a "silhouette" or something too. I loved the bubble top craze looking back. Everything with wheels just seemed a lot more interesting, even NASCAR. Hell I can tell a Torino from a Chevelle from a LONG way off..

Page 79 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links